Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Don't really understand the apathy towards Adkins. Could he reasonably have been expected to do better than he has with the squad at his disposal this season? They're above us ffs.

He's done a staggering job at Saints tbh, and plays very good confident football.

Spent a truck load of money tbf, its not an ordinary Championship team trying to stay in the division.

Btw im undecided on him.

Don't really understand the apathy towards Adkins. Could he reasonably have been expected to do better than he has with the squad at his disposal this season? They're above us ffs.

He's done a staggering job at Saints tbh, and plays very good confident football. Much better option than Martinez certainly IMO.

What he's doing (has done) with a chapionship squad currently is very admirable.

Adkins, Martinez or Laudrup.

If I owned the club I'd be on the blower for Martinez or Laudrup tonight with £5m ready to pay off their respective clubs. Failing that I'd go for Ridjkaard who is available free. Adkins would be the last option but still better than what we have.

Is Frank any good? Sacked form his last two posts.

Guest Howaythetoon

My personal choice would be Martin Jol. He knows the Premier League, understands tactics, has his teams generally set up right to play in the right way and is used to working as a trainer/coach type manager. That and he's a good bloke, someone likeable. I think he would also be able to help us massively in the Dutch market, which along with the French market, seems to be our object of interest when it comes to players.

Anyone but Pardew is silly mind, I'd do a better job than him but could you imagine our half-time team-talks? They would take forever. Millions of words. Adkins has done a wonderful job at Southampton and his sacking is extremely odd, but this job is a real tough one, I don't think he has the personality for it. Pardew, as awful as he is, has the personality because he's a good talker and has self-confidence. Adkins, I fear, would be overwhelmed by things.

Jol is ahead of Pardew in the sack race.

Got to be a manager out there who is happy for the current setup of recruitment to continue with minimal say, while encouraging player development and a attacking passing game. Surely they aren't just myths?

Jol will not get sacked. Fulham are a bit meh this season under him but for them not getting relegated and finishing as high as possible is their real aim. He will comfortably lead them to that position.

As for your other point, Jol is that kind of man basically. He had little say over transfers at Spurs or in Holland and even at Fulham I imagine.

If I owned the club I'd be on the blower for Martinez or Laudrup tonight with £5m ready to pay off their respective clubs. Failing that I'd go for Ridjkaard who is available free. Adkins would be the last option but still better than what we have.

I rate him very highly. Good pedigree, deep knowledge of the game from his Ajax, Holland, Barca and Milan days. Won a CL and 2 La Liga's with Barca as manager. I would say his understanding of the deep game with regard to tactics, formations and tempo is as good as any top manager in the game today.

Michael Laudrup, he likes his teams to play good football and that would suit our players.

It'd be a good appointment, clearly but (a) there's no way we'd be able to wrest him from Swansea (b) there's no way Ashley would recruit him as he'd not be a Yes man.

My personal choice would be Martin Jol. He knows the Premier League, understands tactics, has his teams generally set up right to play in the right way and is used to working as a trainer/coach type manager. That and he's a good bloke, someone likeable. I think he would also be able to help us massively in the Dutch market, which along with the French market, seems to be our object of interest when it comes to players.

Anyone but Pardew is silly mind, I'd do a better job than him but could you imagine our half-time team-talks? They would take forever. Millions of words. Adkins has done a wonderful job at Southampton and his sacking is extremely odd, but this job is a real tough one, I don't think he has the personality for it. Pardew, as awful as he is, has the personality because he's a good talker and has self-confidence. Adkins, I fear, would be overwhelmed by things.

Jol is ahead of Pardew in the sack race.

Got to be a manager out there who is happy for the current setup of recruitment to continue with minimal say, while encouraging player development and a attacking passing game. Surely they aren't just myths?

Jol will not get sacked. Fulham are a bit meh this season under him but for them not getting relegated and finishing as high as possible is their real aim. He will comfortably lead them to that position.

As for your other point, Jol is that kind of man basically. He had little say over transfers at Spurs or in Holland and even at Fulham I imagine.

Fulham fans disagree over the a big meh bit. They've been fairly appalling more or less

I rate him very highly. Good pedigree, deep knowledge of the game from his Ajax, Holland, Barca and Milan days. Won a CL and 2 La Liga's with Barca as manager. I would say his understanding of the deep game with regard to tactics, formations and tempo is as good as any top manager in the game today.

Why hasa he done so shit then in the last 5 years? Really all he's done is kept Barca ticking with some of the worlds best players before 2008 then since nothing apart from getting sacked. Saudi sacked him, that's bad.

Guest Howaythetoon

Michael Laudrup, he likes his teams to play good football and that would suit our players.

The thing with Laudrup.... he is kind of flavour of the month. He's doing a good job of course  but no better than Rodgers and who is to say he could get us up to scratch?!

Mind, there is no real guarantees in football when it comes to managers so who knows really. He would be a gamble like, as would Adkins or Martinez.

The thing with Laudrup.... he is kind of flavour of the month. He's doing a good job of course  but no better than Rodgers and who is to say he could get us up to scratch?!

Mind, there is no real guarantees in football when it comes to managers so who knows really. He would be a gamble like, as would Adkins or Martinez.

Laudrup did a fantastic job at Getafe too, i think he's a bit more than a flavour of the month but we won't pay the cash anyway but i'd love it if we did.

I've followed Laudrup's coaching career in great detail and I can tell you he has a better manager than Rodgers.

Don't be silly. Laudrup has it all, you can see it in an instant - just listening to him speak never mind the football. :lol: A winner.

Why hasa he done so shit then in the last 5 years? Really all he's done is kept Barca ticking with some of the worlds best players before 2008 then since nothing apart from getting sacked. Saudi sacked him, that's bad.

Things fell apart at barca alarmingly quickly after the cl win given the quality of player they had and were in a right state by the end

Don't be silly. Laudrup has it all, you can see it in an instant - just listening to him speak never mind the football. :lol: A winner.

Aye, and we all know that Cheryl Cole would be a reet good shag anarl, but there's nee chance of that happening either.

He needs the right project.

http://media2.picsearch.com/is?t38vh-sVVKM8bO-jx0LEAni-tCX70WXn1Fl09BTwnq4

I've no idea who I'd like. Someone from the continent. Just some fresh ideas altogether; the whole set-up at the club is as continental as it gets anyway. The players (and recruitment system) doesn't suit the Jurassic philosophy of the current manager.

The building blocks from last season are still there if we can keep departures to a minimum in the summer. Replace him now with someone's who's better for the long-term, and we should be okay.

I say this as a pretty forgiving person where Pardew has been concerned. He crossed a line today though, i believe that literally anyone would be better now, even if it was a shitty freebie having a very minor effect - the change might galvanise the players for a game or two. I'd honestly take an interim at this point. Pardew will guide us to another defeat at Villa, and most likely relegation.