Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Laudrup apparently has a £5m release clause. Can't see Ashley paying that.

If that's really true then i think he's be worth it. Proved himself a good coach and was a such a distinguished player that he in himself would be a draw for other players.

Laudrup would be my first choice and I believe he is gettable, but this season's struggle has certainly hurt our reputation and therefore pulling power. I voted Moyes, though I don't think he would be interested. It's a bit of a pointless poll though as barring some kind of miracle (Ashley actually realising what Pardew is or Pardew leaving on his own) then there will be no change in management no matter which division we are playing in.

If that's really true then i think he's be worth it. Proved himself a good coach and was a such a distinguished player that he in himself would be a draw for other players.

Will be well pleased if we can get him. It's just that Ashley has never paid out compensation to get his man, and is more likely to want to spend the 5m on a player.

Will be well pleased if we can get him. It's just that Ashley has never paid out compensation to get his man, and is more likely to want to spend the 5m on a player.

Every managerial appointment is a risk. However, Laudrup knows the league (which is hugely important imo), proved himself and is a draw.

I'm sure FMA could see the benefit of having him here. Well worth £5m if true.

If it was as easy as paying Swansea £5m it would be hard to argue against it really.

Couldn't see Ashley paying it tbh.... unless he took it out of the transfer fund but tbh i would take that trade at the moment :lol:

Me too. In fact, if that was our only 'transfer' i think it would be worth doing.

Laudrup will be perfectly aware that there's a glass ceiling at Swansea and that he's probably already bashed his head off it. I'd absolutely love to have him.

With the greatest of respect, no manager is going to turn down NUFC to stay at Swansea.

"There are certain places where you have to conduct yourself and play football in a certain way, where you just can't be pleased with staying back and hoofing the ball upfield," he told the German football writer Uli Hesse last year. "There are certain places where, if you do that, people will say: 'If that is the way you are going to play then I won't go and watch you.'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/23/jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund

Utterly unrealistic, but I'd give my right arm for this guy. :smitten:

I do wonder about his other options though... although with our new signings and absence of disastrous ownership decisions we aren't definitely attractive.

You mean we ARE attractive? Was that a typo? Genuine question...

I do wonder about his other options though... although with our new signings and absence of disastrous ownership decisions we aren't definitely attractive.

:lol:

Yes, I meant we are.

Laudrup will be perfectly aware that there's a glass ceiling at Swansea and that he's probably already bashed his head off it. I'd absolutely love to have him.

With the greatest of respect, no manager is going to turn down NUFC to stay at Swansea.

Agree but he'd probably have even 'bigger' options than us with all the success hes at Swansea.

:lol:

Yes, I meant we are.

Oh good! Thought you were baiting Wullie just for the fun of it there !! :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

We are always going to be limited as to who we can get based on how the club is run.

Whoever we go for will most likely not be currently contracted to someone

Whoever we go for will have to be happy with little involvement in player recruitment and sales

Whoever we go for will be on a low salary compared to peers

That criteria if you like massively reduces our pool of likely candidates, massively!

Laudrup would be my first choice and I believe he is gettable, but this season's struggle has certainly hurt our reputation and therefore pulling power.

I'm not so sure. I think any manager worth his stones could look at the squad we have and foam at the mouth. Plus an ownership that has shown its willingness to spend in transfer market.

Guest icemanblue

We are always going to be limited as to who we can get based on how the club is run.

Whoever we go for will have to be happy with little involvement in player recruitment and sales

That criteria if you like massively reduces our pool of likely candidates, massively!

Unfortunately, I agree.

Unfortunately, I agree.

I would have said this before we went out and made all these signings in January. Obviously Ashley won't pay over the odds for a big name necessarily, but if he thinks he could get a good deal and make the club a bit more exciting he might go for someone in the middle.