Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Pretty sure Laudrup signed a new contract a month ago around the same time as Michu... Takes him up to June 2015

He signed a 2 year contract which takes him to the end of next season.

Pretty sure Laudrup signed a new contract a month ago around the same time as Michu... Takes him up to June 2015

The deal will see the former Denmark international stay at the Liberty Stadium until June 2015, extending his current deal by a year.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/michael-laudrup-ends-speculation-by-signing-new-contract-at-swansea-8527109.html

The deal will see the former Denmark international stay at the Liberty Stadium until June 2015, extending his current deal by a year.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/michael-laudrup-ends-speculation-by-signing-new-contract-at-swansea-8527109.html

I didn't know he'd extended his contract, it was reported that he was looking for a bigger club after next season.

I didn't know he'd extended his contract, it was reported that he was looking for a bigger club after next season.

Could well be. He has an incentive to stay with Swansea in Europe next season. Might be looking to impress the bigger clubs further before deciding on his next move.

it'll be interesting to see if Swansea and Wigan can cope with the extra demand the EL puts in a squad better than Newcastle United did this serason. That could be a factor in Laudrup wanting to get out if he did in the summer.

it'll be interesting to see if Swansea and Wigan can cope with the extra demand the EL puts in a squad better than Newcastle United did this serason. That could be a factor in Laudrup wanting to get out if he did in the summer.

Wishful thinking... :lol: He's just said the opposite in an interview on Sky... :lol:

Laudrup was voted most wanted manager to replace Mourinho as Real Madrid in Marca IIRC. Might be some stiff competition if we went (and we won't) for him. Plus he's well known to quite like the quieter, less stressful life.

Laudrup was voted most wanted manager to replace Mourinho as Real Madrid in Marca IIRC. Might be some stiff competition if we went (and we won't) for him. Plus he's well known to quite like the quieter, less stressful life.

That would rule out Madreeed too then I suppose.

Bearing in mind our shocking league position will have cost us £5m+ in merit payments as well as being less of a tv draw and bugger all prize/gate money from the cups, that's not a bad deal for Laudrup.

I'd take Laudrup, Girard or Ketsbaia happily.  Ketsbaia or Girard are probably more likely due to the compensation involved but any of those three i'd be chuffed with.

We are always going to be limited as to who we can get based on how the club is run.

Whoever we go for will most likely not be currently contracted to someone

Whoever we go for will have to be happy with little involvement in player recruitment and sales

Whoever we go for will be on a low salary compared to peers

That criteria if you like massively reduces our pool of likely candidates, massively!

Unfortunately, I agree.

I would have said this before we went out and made all these signings in January. Obviously Ashley won't pay over the odds for a big name necessarily, but if he thinks he could get a good deal and make the club a bit more exciting he might go for someone in the middle.

Those were the circumstances when Pardew was appointed.

If Pardew is sacked, I think it's because they will have learnt that the manager's position is a lot more important than they've given the impression of thinking. That might change their approach to that sort of recruitment aswell.

We are always going to be limited as to who we can get based on how the club is run.

Whoever we go for will have to be happy with little involvement in player recruitment and sales

That criteria if you like massively reduces our pool of likely candidates, massively!

Unfortunately, I agree.

I would have said this before we went out and made all these signings in January. Obviously Ashley won't pay over the odds for a big name necessarily, but if he thinks he could get a good deal and make the club a bit more exciting he might go for someone in the middle.

If Pardew is sacked, I think it's because they will have learnt that the manager's position is a lot more important than they've given the impression of thinking. That might change their approach to that sort of recruitment aswell.

Well Ashley's put a fair bit of money into upgrading the quality of the squad this season. I know he likes to do management on the cheap, but when the players are being devalued as they struggle to fit into Pardew's blueprint, it doesn't work out so cheap after all.

Laudrup will be perfectly aware that there's a glass ceiling at Swansea and that he's probably already bashed his head off it. I'd absolutely love to have him.

With the greatest of respect, no manager is going to turn down NUFC to stay at Swansea.

You reckon? I couldnt see why not at this point in time? Granted we're a bigger club than Swansea but what can we offer him thats enough to tempt him away from Swansea? We're hardly setting the world alight with money and it's not like we've won anything recently. Why would he jump ship now, when he can sit at Swansea for a while, keep on improving them and then jump ship to one of the top 4. He wouldnt come to us because he knows that if he carries on the way he is, he can end up doing better than us.

Unfortunately, I agree.

Well Ashley's put a fair bit of money into upgrading the quality of the squad this season. I know he likes to do management on the cheap, but when the players are being devalued as they struggle to fit into Pardew's blueprint, it doesn't work out so cheap after all.

Exactly, I've said before I think he might be frightened by the lower valuations of our players.

Remember he thinks of his players as assets, and that's the reason for our long contracts, to protect the assets. There's no point in finding cheap players and scout with "sell-on-value" as one of the criterias if players are decreasing when joining us.

Pellegrini won't last the season, imho, given how things are at Málaga financial-wise. Now that would be some appointment.

Damn right it would be.

That's a guy i would take a risk on.

Pellegrini won't last the season, imho, given how things are at Málaga financial-wise. Now that would be some appointment.

Damn right it would be.

That's a guy i would take a risk on.

Perfect appointment. I'd be over the moon for next season if that happened

Is he not Chelsea bound though?... Think he will have bigger suiters than us...

If a new manager came in and said "right, i dont fancy Jonas" or even the likes Sissoko and Gouffran (bare with me) then would Ashley be unhappy? We got them for pennies and i dont think it would be outrageous to say that both have significantly increased their values. There are players i think most on here would like to see the back of that could fetch big enough fees, even higher than what we paid (Santon given we have Haidara, and Tiote). For all his faults, Tiote would fetch £5mil-10mil which is excellent considering what we paid. I think a new manager would have a fun with this squad whether they liked it as it is or not.

(I do have a point but may not have been communicated well there!)

(edit - for likes of Jonas, it'd be biggish wages off the wage bill)

Whenever pardew is finally replaced, the new manager will have to work with whats at the club already. He'll not be selling or buying.  Yhays for ashley and llambias yo decide on.

I think our new manager will come from the uk, lower division.