Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I think the next manager will be much better. Can see good managers seeing us as a much better choice than what we were at any other time under Ashley.

This is the strange thing. You're having, by anyone's standards, a very disappointing season (domestically). But I bet you're still seen as an attractive proposition for good quality managers, so I agree with you that you can do better than Martinez. Fwiw, I think he's a good manager and is without doubt an upgrade on Pardew but it doesn't mean he should be seen as the pinnacle of who you can attract.

Someone like Jol springs to mind, if he decides to leave Fulham.

Can I point out none of my comments are based on the choice of Martinez or Pardew, they are based solely on Martinez and the hype he gets.

If it popped up on SSN that we had sacked Pardew and appointed Martinez I would be very excited, apprehensive but excited. That would be because we were actually going to try and play football more than any real hope we were going to become a force in the league.

I don't think we would go for him anyway based on Whelan and us having to pay some sort of compensation.

It's a sad state of affairs that most of us would just take some decent football right now, without any actual achievement.

Guest Bert Shaft

If Pardew got the welly I would personally like to see Benitez at Newcastle. Doubt if we would be at the arse end of the table if he was boss.

Don't think he would ever get the job here though, I cant see him as being the yes man that Partridge is.

Id go for Redknapp but i get the feeling Poyet has been in the sights for a while.  He made comments way back when KK walked, and said not at the moment while th club is up in arms.

SO i think he has been approached once, i think he'll get the gig eventually.

I think Poyet would do well.

So do I. While I like Martinez's brand of football, I am not sure about him defensively, whereas Poyet's team looked very well organised from both attacking and defensive perspectives. I was especially impressed at their energy and quick passing for a side with limited ability. I just think he could do wonders with our squad.

Guest bimpy474

Fuck Poyet

Because he put us out of the cup a couple of times?

I would think it's his friendship with Dennis Wise.

f*** Poyet

And his general cuntness for me.

(Also don't think I've got over the FA Cup Semi Final as well).

f*** Poyet

Is he a general cunt? Always seemed quite easy going to me in interviews.

f*** Poyet

Is he a general c***? Always seemed quite easy going to me in interviews.

Probably not but I just don't like him and I think my judgement is being clouded by the bit in bold.

Guest salty dog shrimp

Might be ridiculed for this but would anyone consider MON? We saw what he could do at Villa when he had decent players, delivering consecutive top 6 finishes. It all went sour at Sunderland but he also had good spells like their God Di Canio is experiencing now and it'll go wrong for him too. That club is destined to be embroiled in relegation battles no matter who's in charge. Moyes would be my first choice but I'm not sure how realistic that acquisition is. Martinez second choice but after him I'd have to say MON, I'm struggling to think of a better candidate that we could get.

Might be ridiculed for this but would anyone consider MON? We saw what he could do at Villa when he had decent players, delivering consecutive top 6 finishes. It all went sour at Sunderland but he also had good spells like their God Di Canio is experiencing now and it'll go wrong for him too. That club is destined to be embroiled in relegation battles no matter who's in charge. Moyes would be my first choice but I'm not sure how realistic that acquisition is. Martinez second choice but after him I'd have to say MON, I'm struggling to think of a better candidate that we could get.

http://i.imgur.com/OSfgSMK.gif

Mackem alert

Mackem alert

If that ever happened, I would have to demand a transfer to RTG.

you garra' be kiddin' me?

You're right about you being ridiculed for such a suggestion. There's no way I would consider O'Neill, he's done as far as I'm concerned plus he's s****.

http://www.tinygif.com/data/media/11/disgusted-lucille-eyeroll-animated-gif-arrested-development-9465744-256-141.gif

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/gtfo/grand/gtfo-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-428.gif

More gtfo here