Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

This Guy  :smitten:

He asks questions when he has the ball, and he asks questions when he doesn't have the ball, pretty much my perfect type of player, all action, high energy jack in the box with a canny knack of popping up in the right places at the right time.

His pressing of the ball (or more accurately the man receiving the ball) was immense tonight.

Like a fucking wasp at times, brilliant :thup:

Proper love this guy, liverpool mate at work just does not believe me when I say he's mint  :lol:

Lost count of the amount of matches I've asked a mate of mine if he rates Gouff in the slightest yet. Even now it's never more positive than a backhanded compliment. Fuck it, if we know he's good enough, that's fine by me. :)

Probably a fair few Newcastle fans who still feel the same way. Type of player who will always be generally under appreciated because they don't grab the headlines like a Remy would. Same sort of reason why it's unlikely he'd ever be considered for the national team.

Probably a fair few Newcastle fans who still feel the same way. Type of player who will always be generally under appreciated because they don't grab the headlines like a Remy would. Same sort of reason why it's unlikely he'd ever be considered for the national team.

I have seen quite a few fans say he's crap because he missed that open goal against West Ham.... oh well can't please everyone.

Guest Roger Kint

@davidmcrossan

I've started suggesting #Gouffran for Les Bleus World Cup squad to my French colleagues. Not all of them laughed, only 99% of them #nufc

Care face.

Theres more on now from him/Goofy.  :aww:

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan 14m

#gouffran #nufc "I came here as an unknown but I've made a name for myself"

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan 16m

#gouffran #nufc "having your own song is magnificent. Even in France we never had such respect from the fans"

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan 19m

#gouffran #nufc on his song: "first time I heard it I picked out my name but couldn't understand the words...

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan 17m

... I went on the internet to look up lyrics. They sing it after a goal, sometimes after a run." #gouffran #nufc

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan 21m

#gouffran #nufc "Game is 100 times quicker than France. I sometimes run 11 or 12 km and I'm not used to that, finish limping or with cramp"

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan 22m

#gouffran #nufc "i kept working and now I start games. Left midfield (laughs) that's my new position"

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan 26m

#gouffran itw in l'equipe today #nufc: "we're playing more as a team now and we have squad to finish in top 8"

Yoan Gouffran Is Enjoying Life At Newcastle United

Newcastle United striker Yoan Gouffran says he is enjoying life in the Premier League following an imposing start to the season.

Despite recently being operated in a wider role, the 27-year-old has netted five goals so far this term, endearing himself to the St James' Park faithful in the process due to his relentless work ethic.

Gouffran has helped Pardew's climb to sixth in the table following four straight wins, and he thinks that defeat in October's Wear-Tyne derby could have been the turning point.

Yoan Gouffran told L'Equipe: "Something triggered our minds after the derby defeat at Sunderland.

"After the match, the coach slammed us, telling we should be ashamed for the fans. They are not necessarily rich, so the least we can do is give our very best.

"Everyone got hauled over the coals. So we questioned ourselves. We play more as a team now and we have a group to fire us among the top eight."

Gouffran says he and his fellow Frenchmen did need time to settle in on Tyneside, but they are now fully integrated into the Newcastle United way of life.

"There was some criticism after last season, but we all only came in January. And the team already had difficulties," added Gouffran.

"Was there any jealousy in the changing-room with French players? Not at all. Everyone was happy to see us coming.

"In France, it is different. When you arrive, you can feel some jealousy and competition."

Gouffran has netted three goals in his last four games and adds: "I made efforts for that. At Manchester City, I was substituted at half-time because we got a red card. I started the next four matches on the bench.

"But I went on working hard. And nowadays, I am playing as a left midfielder. That is my new position."

Gouffran also spoke about his relationship with the Newcastle fans, saying that he feels as though his efforts are rewarded by their support.

"The game is much faster than in France," he said. "You make a lot of runs. I often end the match having run 11 or 12 kilometres. I am not used to that.

"I end up limping, with cramps, but the fans like that.

"The first time I heard my name chanted by the fans, I didn't understand the words. They chant after a goal or even after a run.

"Having your own chant, it is just magnificent. Even in our own clubs in France, we never got such respect. I was unknown when I came. But I made a name for myself."

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/article/91724/yoan-gouffran-is-enjoying-life-at-newcastle-united

Yoan Gouffran Is Enjoying Life At Newcastle United

Newcastle United striker Yoan Gouffran says he is enjoying life in the Premier League following an imposing start to the season.

Despite recently being operated in a wider role, the 27-year-old has netted five goals so far this term, endearing himself to the St James' Park faithful in the process due to his relentless work ethic.

Gouffran has helped Pardew's climb to sixth in the table following four straight wins, and he thinks that defeat in October's Wear-Tyne derby could have been the turning point.

Yoan Gouffran told L'Equipe: "Something triggered our minds after the derby defeat at Sunderland.

"After the match, the coach slammed us, telling we should be ashamed for the fans. They are not necessarily rich, so the least we can do is give our very best."Everyone got hauled over the coals. So we questioned ourselves. We play more as a team now and we have a group to fire us among the top eight."

Gouffran says he and his fellow Frenchmen did need time to settle in on Tyneside, but they are now fully integrated into the Newcastle United way of life.

"There was some criticism after last season, but we all only came in January. And the team already had difficulties," added Gouffran.

"Was there any jealousy in the changing-room with French players? Not at all. Everyone was happy to see us coming.

"In France, it is different. When you arrive, you can feel some jealousy and competition."

Gouffran has netted three goals in his last four games and adds: "I made efforts for that. At Manchester City, I was substituted at half-time because we got a red card. I started the next four matches on the bench.

"But I went on working hard. And nowadays, I am playing as a left midfielder. That is my new position."

Gouffran also spoke about his relationship with the Newcastle fans, saying that he feels as though his efforts are rewarded by their support.

"The game is much faster than in France," he said. "You make a lot of runs. I often end the match having run 11 or 12 kilometres. I am not used to that.

"I end up limping, with cramps, but the fans like that.

"The first time I heard my name chanted by the fans, I didn't understand the words. They chant after a goal or even after a run.

"Having your own chant, it is just magnificent. Even in our own clubs in France, we never got such respect. I was unknown when I came. But I made a name for myself."

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/article/91724/yoan-gouffran-is-enjoying-life-at-newcastle-united

:lol:

thanks for reminding me.

still find it hard to believe that he's 6ft, just doesn't look it on the pitch.

He's a smiliar height to Cabaye so he isn't that size at at all.

Oh, and Gouffran. :smitten:

I know man, I was having a little dig at the song.