Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

The thing is, he was never good as a winger from the start. Just a bit of a goal threat who worked hard. Been obvious pretty much for 18 months he should be up front or on the bench, and preferably the latter.

I think we all saw this coming from the start, didn't we?

Pretty good

Good

Good back-up

Works hard

Does a job

Should be up front

Shouldn't be starting

Good defending! Well played

Offers nothing going forward

Can't be mad at him, it's Pardew's fault

Starting to annoy me

Fair enough, well defended.

He does work hard like.

There's no one in the box

He looks knackered

Play him up front

Seriously shouldn't be starting

It's not his fault but he's massively getting on my tits < I'm about here.

He's not even really getting back anymore

What's the point?

I hate him

Drop him

Sell him

f*** off

:lol: :lol: :thup:

The thing is, he was never good as a winger from the start. Just a bit of a goal threat who worked hard. Been obvious pretty much for 18 months he should be up front or on the bench, and preferably the latter.

He's a striker for me. He did a few good things on the wing but that was mainly due to our end product on the wings being gash Ben Arfa aside. Defo should be getting game time, but more so from the bench if all our other striking options is fit.

The only thing he offered on the wing was the goal threat when he drifted into the box. Kinda understandable considering the bloke is a striker.

He's a fucking joke as a wide player quite frankly, yet seems to be free from criticism in the stands because he works hard and passes safely to teammates. Imagine playing a system with one striker and then having a winger in the team who only offers workrate :lol: Beyond the pale.

The people in the stands are thick as pigshit. I hate to say it but it's completely true. Say what you want about Man U fans but the real ones aren't fooled by solid work rate if ultimately the player in question isn't fulfilling what's needed in his position on the field.

Just did some research for a completley unrelated matter and stumbled upon Dieudonné M'Bala's Twitter account, the "comedian" (anti-semitic propagandist and racist) who popularized the "quenelle" that Anelka performed last Christmas.

The Gouff follows him on Twitter. Not accusing him or reading too much into it, but Dieudonné has a very big (and ill-informed) cult-following among French athletes and artists. Hope Gouffran isn't one of his supporters.

I believe that were Pardew to actually be given the boot after 5 or 6 games, had Bobby Robson been around to replace him, then his first act would be to make Gouffran a striker again. He may even get 10 goals.

I believe that were Pardew to actually be given the boot after 5 or 6 games, had Bobby Robson been around to replace him, then his first act would be to make Gouffran a striker again. He may even get 10 goals.

He could be comparable to Kevin Gallacher though, who Robson used a fair bit on the wing.

He wasn't even keeping to his position. He was faffing about like a tit in the centre of the park, losing the ball and pathetically passing responsibility to Haidara all the time. The tracking back he supposedly does so well was virtually non-existant.

Guest TruToon94

He's a striker with a not unreasonable goal scoring record.  So Pardew plays him out on the wings.  Sigh. I don't think he's shit, I do think he's been very much Pardewed.

I think we all saw this coming from the start, didn't we?

Pretty good

Good

Good back-up

Works hard

Does a job

Should be up front

Shouldn't be starting

Good defending! Well played

Offers nothing going forward

Can't be mad at him, it's Pardew's fault

Starting to annoy me

Fair enough, well defended.

He does work hard like.

There's no one in the box

He looks knackered

Play him up front

Seriously shouldn't be starting

It's not his fault but he's massively getting on my tits < I'm about here.

He's not even really getting back anymore

What's the point?

I hate him

Drop him

Sell him

f*** off

Amazing post.

He's a striker with a not unreasonable goal scoring record.  So Pardew plays him out on the wings.  Sigh. I don't think he's shit, I do think he's been very much Pardewed.

Agree.  At first when he was playing as more of a wide forward he looked ok.  He was getting into good positions and scoring a few.  He's gradually been dropped further and further back until he's now playing as an orthodox right midfielder and apart from having the ability to run he offers absolutely nothing in that role.

Absolutely loved Gouff when he first signed for us, his work rate was brilliant. He's had everything that was good about him coached out. His job is now protecting the fullback and nothing else, all this whilst playing out of position. Can't stand him now, epitomises Pardewed when he plays, he's completely ruined by our cunt of a manager.

I liked the we watched Gouffran at Bordeaux and the player that started his career here, but that is just gone for whatever reason. We can debate those reasons for hours, but his attacking contribution is just so minimal. He's at his best in the box, yet he is barely ever in there, and usually fluffs his chance when he is. For a player with his style to have not scored a goal in the entirety of 2014, while consistently starting every match is incredible. Another that has just badly regressed.

• 5 weeks later...