Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Guest Roger Kint

Did he play at our place in the EL? Can't say he made an impression if he did.

No, just the away game

:lol: He didnt even make the bench

Guest bimpy474

http://i89.servimg.com/u/f89/12/39/25/05/img_0124.jpg What a beauty :smitten: ! plus , he's got a proper face on Fifa 13  ;D

He's got a Jeremy Beadle T-rexer going on there.

I still fear we're just hoovering up players out of contract rather than buying them to fit a certain gameplan and club philosophy.

Jaysus Christ ...

Yeah you're right actually. We've looked cohesive and play really well as a team, meaning these players will slot in easily, rather than expecting them to turn things around where other players of similar quality and stock have failed.

There's never any guarantees, we're still in massive trouble, but we're looking a lot healthier than we were.

Until this month, we've probably had about half/two-thirds of the team who are good enough to play in spite of the manager. Adding Debuchy, Mbiwa and Sissoko (if he arrives), will increase that - and give the manager less chance of sending us down (i'd be surprised if Gouffran is as good as Ba).

Overall i think we're in much better shape, providing Coloccini stays.

I still fear we're just hoovering up players out of contract rather than buying them to fit a certain gameplan and club philosophy.

Jaysus Christ ...

Yeah you're right actually. We've looked cohesive and play really well as a team, meaning these players will slot in easily, rather than expecting them to turn things around where other players of similar quality and stock have failed.

We need a CB (Mbiwa), a winger (the Goof), defensive cover (Haidara). Sissoko is maybe unnecessary but if we're wanting to sell Tiote for a hefty fee then bring it on.

Jaysus Christ ...

We need a CB (Mbiwa), a winger (the Goof), defensive cover (Haidara). Sissoko is maybe unnecessary but if we're wanting to play someone instead of that total spanner Tiote then bring it on.

FYP.

Jaysus Christ ...

We need a CB (Mbiwa), a winger (the Goof), defensive cover (Haidara). Sissoko is maybe unnecessary but if we're wanting to sell Tiote for a hefty fee then bring it on.

On the contrary, I think Sissoko is exactly what we need in central midfield. We don't really have any guys who can go box-to-box with ease. He'll be good cover for Anita lying deep and Cabaye sitting further forward.

Guest bimpy474

Jaysus Christ ...

Sissoko is the one i want the most, a midifielder who gets into the box, something we've needed for years.

Jaysus Christ ...

On the contrary, I think Sissoko is exactly what we need in central midfield. We don't really have any guys who can go box-to-box with ease. He'll be good cover for Anita lying deep and Cabaye sitting further forward.

Anita and Sissoko appear quite similar in that sense no? I haven't seen much of Sissoko so happy to take others words.

Gouffran suits me absolutely fine. Christ, we've had Obermong and Shameobi playing in his position :lol:

Get Sissoko and I'd peddle Tiote in summer before his value plummets any more.

Jaysus Christ ...

Anita and Sissoko appear quite similar in that sense no?

Not in the slightest, no.

Guest bimpy474

Jaysus Christ ...

Skel knows  :snod:

We're definitely not buying players at random just because they're cheap. We're doing a decent job of addressing our weaknesses.

FWIW Gouffran is the one I'm least excited about, but hopefully it means Shola can play a lot less.

Without having really seen any of the players we're linked with today, I'm definitely most excited about Mbiwa and Gouffran, as they'll be replacing some right fucking dross in our starting XI. Sissoko sounds like a cracking player, but we're not desperate for a CM in the way we are at CB and up front.

Jaysus Christ ...

I think I'm maybe thinking of one of the other numerous sissoko's who play in DM.

The best PL equivalent i can think of to describe Sissoko-Anita would be Diaby-Arteta.....

Anita is the deep lying playmaker who sits deep recycling possession just like Arteta does for Arsenal and Sissoko is the driving force winning the ball and pushing the team forward with his running power like Diaby does.

They are not really alike tbh in fact to me Anita-Sissoko has more balance about it than Tiote-Anita which IMO is a bit static with no one breaking forward.

We're definitely not buying players at random just because they're cheap. We're doing a decent job of addressing our weaknesses.

FWIW Gouffran is the one I'm least excited about, but hopefully it means Shola can play a lot less.

Yeah, they just all happen to be well below their worth. How coincidental !!

Btw, i'm still happy about it though!  Even if they play or have an impact straight away, their arrival will certainly motivate those who currently in the team to put in some better performances!