Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

A large reason as to why we were so bad with everyone fit, was because Pards persisted in trying to fit Ba and Cisse in the middle, using his old 'fast, front-foot' system. There were other factors of course but that was the root problem. We aren't signing a player like Ba, in terms of attributes or attitude, I think we'll see a marked improvement.

We're definitely not buying players at random just because they're cheap. We're doing a decent job of addressing our weaknesses.

FWIW Gouffran is the one I'm least excited about, but hopefully it means Shola can play a lot less.

On the face of it, he seems to be the least high profile, but I've a sneaky feeling he might turn out to be another Ba. Not in goals exactly, but just very under-rated on his arrival. Some people were slitting their wrists when we went for Ba on account of being a free transfer IIRC.

Guest VanBarduck

The best PL equivalent i can think of to describe Sissoko-Anita would be Diaby-Arteta.....

Anita is the deep lying playmaker who sits deep recycling possession just like Arteta does for Arsenal and Sissoko is the driving force winning the ball and pushing the team forward with his running power like Diaby does.

They are not really alike tbh in fact to me Anita-Sissoko has more balance about it than Tiote-Anita which IMO is a bit static with no one breaking forward.

Diaby Sissoko , sorry man there is no comparison to make , when Diaby is fit , he's up there with Yaya Touré and Busquets

The best PL equivalent i can think of to describe Sissoko-Anita would be Diaby-Arteta.....

Anita is the deep lying playmaker who sits deep recycling possession just like Arteta does for Arsenal and Sissoko is the driving force winning the ball and pushing the team forward with his running power like Diaby does.

They are not really alike tbh in fact to me Anita-Sissoko has more balance about it than Tiote-Anita which IMO is a bit static with no one breaking forward.

Diaby Sissoko , sorry man there is no comparison to make , when Diaby is fit , he's up there with Yaya Touré and Busquets

I meant in style of play.....

And Sissoko's gotten the plaudits as well. He's the future anchor of the French midfield. Hard to put Diaby in that conversation, he hasn't been a force for several seasons. And even at full health I don't think he's on the same level as Yaya or Busquets.

Excellent analysis Mole :thup:

I can understand why people aren't enthralled with the signing and while there are better overall footballers out there, he's the exact type of forward we need, and I do think many will be surprised. With the likes of Cabaye, HBA and Marveaux in the team, and with Debuchy's crossing, there's plenty of creativity in there but not enough goals. Gouffran is a good predator and will make the most of chances provided.

:lol:

So, never.

Anyway, regarding Sissoko, best assessment I have found (not): http://www.goal.com/en/people/france/17898/moussa-sissoko

It's funny how quickly we can get s*** done when we need too. The same urgency in the summer and we maybe top 6 now.

'Bloody infuriating' would be my choice of phrase, but i know what you mean.

Problem is in the summer they both had 12 month on their contracts so the fees would be much greater... Not trying to justify though...

And Sissoko's gotten the plaudits as well. He's the future anchor of the French midfield. Hard to put Diaby in that conversation, he hasn't been a force for several seasons. And even at full health I don't think he's on the same level as Yaya or Busquets.

Excellent analysis Mole :thup:

Diaby even relevant anymore? Hasn't he been bugged with injury?

Busquets is more a holding player vs an all action no? Sissoko is your Viera, Yaya, Diame mould of player. Each to a varying degree of holding, scoring, brute force and drive. Sissoko can go on and be that Yaya or Viera for us if he can continue to develop.

Aye he's injured so much it doesn't even matter but it was the closest PL midfield i could think of that had a deep lying playmaker and a b2b midfielder who drives the team forward.

So used that as the example, Anita-Sissoko-Cabaye should be f*cking class.