Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Guest icemanblue

Don't worry guys we'll just wait until Cisse gets injured, and then maybe he'll get the chance he deserves up front.

That is the tactical genius of Pardew.

Just shut up, man.

Don't worry guys we'll just wait until Cisse gets injured, and then maybe he'll get the chance he deserves up front.

His chance might come along soon, no need for little Pardew digs, things are looking up and that side worked on Saturday so let's see how it goes against Hull.

Just shut up, man.

Check out this tough guy right here.

Time and place man. Time and place!

Guest icemanblue

Just shut up, man.

Shut up.

Just shut up, man.

Shut up.

Ha, just like I thought. Wimped out.

Just shut up, man.

Shut up.

Ha, just like I thought. Wimped out.

http://i39.tinypic.com/24mavmh.jpg

Actually like this guy being used out wide. 

Pop him out wide and play Remy upfront then.

Either way Cisse needs to sit for a bit, maybe that will light the fire under him again.

His hold out over the summer over the stupid Wonga logo, which set him back, and his subsequent poor start, should have him coming off the bench for now.

Either way Cisse needs to sit for a bit, maybe that will light the fire under him again.

His hold out over the summer over the stupid Wonga logo, which set him back, and his subsequent poor start, should have him coming off the bench for now.

yeah i agree.  Think its worth trying. but sadly some (inochi) believe its blasphemy because we just had the most impressive win ever over aston villa, therefore changes are not allowed.

yeah i agree.  Think its worth trying. but sadly some (inochi) believe its blasphemy because we just had the most impressive win ever over aston villa, therefore changes are not allowed.

Putting Gouffran into the side will change the whole dynamic of the front 3. It might need to be tried, but tbh I can understand why Pardew is reluctant to change it just yet. Cisse still looks more of a natural CF than Gouffran, and Remy looks a better bet out wide.

Putting Gouffran into the side will change the whole dynamic of the front 3. It might need to be tried, but tbh I can understand why Pardew is reluctant to change it just yet. Cisse still looks more of a natural CF than Gouffran, and Remy looks a better bet out wide.

Gouffran isn't played as a natural forward, if he looked more of one at the moment then he wouldn't be playing the position he is being put in :lol:

He looked more of a goalscorer when he timed his run and put away that shot perfectly on Saturday as Cisse was being more of 'a natural CF' standing in an offside position though  :razz:

Think Remy would be very useful in the middle right now,  we saw what Gouffran can do when he came on.  He can run the channels and has the odd trickery too.  He can do the job for us there no doubt.  And Remy can provide the goals and movement in the middle which we have lacked for quite a while. 

I understand people's reservations about Cisse, but I wouldn't move Remy from the left right now. For the Hull game, stick with the same team and hopefully Cisse will end up with a couple of goals to give him a boost. I think on balance it would be the wrong time to drop him.

Hull at home will certainly be interesting.

Dropping Cisse by the way, doesn't mean he's done forever.

Will probably take a bit of pressure off him too. Bringing him off the bench late when everyone is tired, and he's fresh, might help him get the all important first goal he needs, and he can then push on from there.

It's not a death sentence or anything.

I understand people's reservations about Cisse, but I wouldn't move Remy from the left right now. For the Hull game, stick with the same team and hopefully Cisse will end up with a couple of goals to give him a boost. I think on balance it would be the wrong time to drop him.

:thup:

Hull at home will certainly be interesting.

Dropping Cisse by the way, doesn't mean he's done forever.

Will probably take a bit of pressure off him too. Bringing him off the bench late when everyone is tired, and he's fresh, might help him get the all important first goal he needs, and he can then push on from there.

It's not a death sentence or anything.

:thup: :thup:

Would like to see Gouffran start in the middle.  Most defences would not like the pace and movement of HBA, Remy and Gouffran coming at them.

PS, think Cisse could do with a break.  Bring him on when we are winning and all over them - tap in/spectacular to get him back on the road again.

Agree with this. Form is temporary and class is permanent. The Cisse that was capable of that blistering start is more than capable of turning around a rough run in a poorly performing side. With the addition of Remy, hopefully the longer term fitness of HBA and the new look system, he can turn the corner.

What's Cisse's record in 2013 in the league?

20 games, 4 goals - no?

22 games, 5 goals I think.

Goals against Everton, Villa, Southampton, Stoke and Fulham.

edit - we've actually only scored 22 goals in that entire time as well.  I think more than anything there is a problem with scoring and creating in the whole team.  Though 1 in 4 is obviously not good enough for the main striker.

Agree with this. Form is temporary and class is permanent.

Unless your name is Torres

Agree with this. Form is temporary and class is permanent.

Unless your name is Torres

:yao: