Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I for one am just pleased that we're finally spending a bit of money on exciting players and we have a seemingly competent coaching setup. Things are way, way better than they have been for the last few years.

Agree - if only they'd sort out the fecking defence.

I for one am just pleased that we're finally spending a bit of money on exciting players and we have a seemingly competent coaching setup. Things are way, way better than they have been for the last few years.

Agree - if only they'd sort out the fecking defence.

As long as the clowns we currently call 'the back five' aren't replaced then money spent elsewhere in the team is pissed down the netty.

As long as the clowns we currently call 'the back five' aren't replaced then money spent elsewhere in the team is p*ssed down the netty.

You want the whole back 5 replaced?

As long as the clowns we currently call 'the back five' aren't replaced then money spent elsewhere in the team is pissed down the netty.

Nonsense. Things can be better without being precisely what they need to be.

:thup:

As long as the clowns we currently call 'the back five' aren't replaced then money spent elsewhere in the team is p*ssed down the netty.

:clap:

I think people forget we managed to draw with a better Man Utd team with a back four comprising of Ramage, Edgar, Huntingdon and Taylor

Very true.  Our champs league games under Bobby comprised of centre half combinations of Bramble. O'Brien, Dabizas and Caldwell.  It's about retaining possession and not having to defend like the fucking alamo because we don't have the players up field who are capable of keeping the ball and hurting the opposition.  Hopefully Thauvin can help in this regard. 

Just based on clips, I wasn't all that impressed. Useful, if he's prepared to work hard for the team, but not some superstar who can be indulged.

He actually looks like quite strong and good in the air. I read somewhere that he prefers to play down the middle rather than out wide, so he doesn't have to do too much defending. Not exactly what you want to hear, but I do wonder whether he's better used in a more central position.

Still, if it's more or less a swap with Cabella, it's worth the risk.

Wasn't convinced but now I reckon he'll be the best thing ever.

He'll want to prove his doubters wrong, with the Euros and everything coming up. I think he'll do well.

He's got 0 caps like so he'd have to go some to get involved. Here's hoping.

I'd not want the likes of Thauvin tracking back and defending because one would hope they'd be too damn busy attacking. Let's not buy any forward threat to keep the opposition penned in their own half. Let's ONLY buy better defenders because that's what football is all about. Afterall, no attacking team has ever won anything. Only great defenders.

We've signed troublesome left wingers before..... remember Robert? He hit the ground running and was a terrific talent , if frustrating at times. Much is going to depend on how the lad's head is - hopefully it will be in the right place here, because if he turns into the player he could be - he'll be a star.

It's a gamble no doubt, but one worth taking. :thup:

We've signed troublesome left wingers before..... remember Robert? He hit the ground running and was a terrific talent , if frustrating at times. Much is going to depend on how the lad's head is - hopefully it will be in the right place here, because if he turns into the player he could be - he'll be a star.

I agree BG. I'm excited to see this lad play. Defence still a major concern though

Loved Robert. What a talent. Defo frusterating at times, but also exceptional at times.