Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A combined £20m+ to inadequately replace a quality player that we had and let go for nowt because he wouldn't stroke the s*** manager's massive ego. Top work.

This is the f***ing killer.

Even at his fattest, most disinterested and greedy HBA would at least get you off your seat once a game.

Yep. Both posts sum it up nicely.

Yep - in any one season, HBA was a guarantee of winning you points by himself.  Embarrassing that we got rid of him when we did - he is now equal second in Ligue 1's scoring charts.

He wouldn't have gotten us a single extra point in the whole of last season. Not one.

:lol:

Need to revisit those posts for the laughs.

Which absolute muppet said that? :lol:

After feeling really hopeful about Thauvin, his 45 mins against (himself?) SW, with half a dozen unforced errors, and a general feckless puppy vibe, made sense of some of the French reaction (good riddance variety) to his leaving Marseille. I liked that he kept trying, but Obertan looked like the new signing/best option (I know...). Also can see the increasing fan frustration and negativity/audible groans  only making things worse and potentially putting a young player of his ilk in a tail spin.

I can understand that it's sometimes difficult for a foreign player coming into British football, but what I don't get is why does he give the ball away so much? A half decent winger would either hold the ball or win a foul. All you have to do is shield the ball and you win a free kick if the defender is resorted to fouling to win the ball.

He wasn't exactly great in France either by all accounts

Exactly, he has to be worked into the team and given some time FFS. Can understand why everyone is negative about everything at the club, but the lad's barely off the plane.

True and I have to say it's soul destroying how many minutes on the pitch Obertan is getting this season.

Aye, agree with Obertan. I think possibly because he's a physical specimen McClaren thinks he's a better option to run around than he really is. Problem is his brain switches off and he forgets to actually track his man.

I'm hoping that if we can put some points on the board Thauvin can be eased back in.

Guest firetotheworks

Exactly, he has to be worked into the team and given some time FFS. Can understand why everyone is negative about everything at the club, but the lad's barely off the plane.

:thup:

Said it earlier on, but a lot of it is to do with HBA for me.

The worry I have about Thauvin form can never recover... What seems like a loss of pace. Clutching at straws that it's down to fitness but worrying when you see a player running back and they can see a player getting away from them that they revert to dropping their head as if it might give them a bit more speed. I notice Charlie Austin does this a lot also. I even do it now! :lol: Would suggest they are not as quick as they rembered being which is worrying at his age.

I'd be tempted to have him and Ayoze both playing a support role for mitrovic. He's not been any great shakes as an out and out winger bar the Northampton game. And at least having Wijnaldum down the left we'd have more defensive cover, leaving Ayoze and Thauvin carte blanche in getting forward to support Mitrovic.

I'd love to see this.

Krul

Jan      Mbemba  Colo    Mbabu

Sissoko          Anita            Win

Perez            Thauvin         

Mitrovic       

I'd be tempted to have him and Ayoze both playing a support role for mitrovic. He's not been any great shakes as an out and out winger bar the Northampton game. And at least having Wijnaldum down the left we'd have more defensive cover, leaving Ayoze and Thauvin carte blanche in getting forward to support Mitrovic.

I'd love to see this.

Krul

Jan      Mbemba  Colo    Mbabu

Sissoko          Anita            Win

Perez            Thauvin         

Mitrovic       

I honestly don't know how any sane person would have Sissoko ahead of anyone but Obertan in his current form.