Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why was Mbemba wearing a tux hilarious and this isn't the case for Thauvin?

I still have a good feeling about this guy tbh, think his style will suit the league once everything settles down.

I've got a funny feeling that Thauvin did the same thing Mbemba did as a joke / was forced to as a joke etc.

I still have a good feeling about this guy tbh, think his style will suit the league once everything settles down.

Its funny when someone does it the first time, not when other people copy. Also, Mbemba is a smiling, lovable African while Thauvin is perceived to be an arrogant French man

Its funny when someone does it the first time, not when other people copy. Also, Mbemba is a smiling, lovable African while Thauvin is perceived to be an arrogant French man

Should have just turned up with his lass alongside him to really ratchet up the hate...

Like Kanji said, he was probably taking the piss after what Mbemba did.  The sort of thing that would be seen as funny if we were winning games.

I think it's decent craic tbh, shows the players are interacting with each other at least.  It's bollocks to use it as a stick to beat him with.

Like Kanji said, he was probably taking the p*ss after what Mbemba did.  The sort of thing that would be seen as funny if we were winning games.

I think it's decent craic tbh, shows the players are interacting with each other at least.  It's bollocks to use it as a stick to beat him with.

100% agree.

I like and liked it. Think it's hilarious. Can imagine them making Florian wear this like Mbemba did unintentionally and he's kept it on.  Would be funny to see all new signings do that this season :lol::

Dress sense aside I'm not massively concerned about this lad yet as long as the team starts performing and he's integrated slowly but successfully.

Considering the money we spent (by our standards) it's unlikely he'll be frozen out but it happened with Cabella.

Important he doesn't get a lengthy injury like Cabella did I guess, so he can take the chance when it comes.

Like Kanji said, he was probably taking the piss after what Mbemba did.  The sort of thing that would be seen as funny if we were winning games.

Totally agree with this. If we were winning games, everyone (the press included) would be all over it.

Very unfair to use this as an excuse to have a dig at him.

Bit disappointed in Shearers criticism of the guy tbh. It's been quite stinging and not massively constructive.

If you want to dig him out at least do it with some thought.

Edit - though, if I'm honest, I'd expected to see him have a bit more of a turn of pace and/or bag of tricks. He's not shown much as yet.

Too soon to pass a meaningful judgment on Thauvin yet....when he has been at the club for 3 months we might get a better idea how valuable he will be - or otherwise.

He is still finding his feet in a new  country and a league which is much tougher to play in although that doesn't seem to have affected Martial's start with Man U.

Time will tell.

Too soon to pass a meaningful judgment on Thauvin yet....when he has been at the club for 3 months we might get a better idea how valuable he will be - or otherwise.

He is still finding his feet in a new  country and a league which is much tougher to play in although that doesn't seem to have affected Martial's start with Man U.

Time will tell.

I think the PL is easier to adapt to for attacking players. at least initially. For defenders I think it's more difficult.

Sense he's going to be a bit wasteful, just hope  fans in stadium, coaches, and people like us, keep being encouraging. Focussing on the pearls which I also think will come, will hopefully help him keep trying. If he's a confidence player, as the most talented flair players (if not all players to some extent) seem to be, and given his age, big move and hassle/negativity with former 'fans', here's to getting behind him! If we settle for one in five crosses/shots/dribbles coming off, the 1 can become 2, or 3, but will never be  5/all. Just get him on the pitch Steve! Please.

Still think this. Hoping he isn't starting to hide/the coaches can get him full of himself again. Felt for him (in equal measure to feeling frustarted by him) against Sheff Wed, there were audible groans as unforced error after unforced error/bad ball left his boot.