Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He hasn't got the pace/acceleration/direct running ability to be a productive winger in this league. I think his best position would probably be in a free role behind the main striker but I'd have Ayoze/De Jong/possibly Gini ahead of him; that €17m would have been so much better spent elsewhere.

It's not an excuse as such but it's never easy being a creative player coming in to a team playing like s*** and being expected to turn it on straight away because so much rests on you.

It didn't help him today that he came on so late.

It's not an excuse as such but it's never easy being a creative player coming in to a team playing like shit and being expected to turn it on straight away because so much rests on you.

I think he just needs to get the basics sorted first. Like using his body to shield the ball when he's under pressure - he could learn a lot from Wijnaldum in this regard. Also not making passes which are too easily cut out by the opposition. He looks shell shocked at the moment.

It's not an excuse as such but it's never easy being a creative player coming in to a team playing like shit and being expected to turn it on straight away because so much rests on you.

I think he just needs to get the basics sorted first. Like using his body to shield the ball when he's under pressure - he could learn a lot from Wijnaldum in this regard. Also not making passes which are too easily cut out by the opposition. He looks shell shocked at the moment.

Yeah this. There's something in his lack of fear to try stuff with the ball that I like but he needs to get basic stuff right first.

We could help by giving him game time when we're not up shit creek mind, assuming that comes along again.

Yeah this. There's something in his lack of fear to try stuff with the ball that I like but he needs to get basic stuff right first.

We could help by giving him game time when we're not up shit creek mind, assuming that comes along again.

Yeah he's trying to create which I can understand, but if you end up hitting defenders legs with every pass or shot then you better contribute defensively to compensate. He's like a poor man's Laurent Robert at the moment. All fart and no shit.

I know it's still early days for this lad but he hasn't really shown anything yet which is worthy of a mention. The £12/13/14 million (whatever it was) could have been much better spend on an area of the team where we're desperate - A (Commanding) Centre half.

Not writing the lad off yet though, that would just be stupid.

We could maybe pencil him in for the end of February.  Got nothing before that though.

We could maybe pencil him in for the end of February.  Got nothing before that though.

[emoji38]

What will a wide man who has no burst of pace,power or conviction do out wide? Amble around the paddock looking like a hybrid of Viana and Luque.

It's a bit harsh to say he lacks conviction, but yeah there are issues with his physicality.

Early days though. I take comfort from remembering a very similar looking player who I saw on his debut for the toon many years ago. A player who looked far too weak for professional football, and who I dismissed out of hand. His name was Chris Waddle.

Thought he looked ok until the third goal.  Totally bottled the challenge at the edge of their box, then half-arsed it back, Colback style. 

His final ball and decision making looks a bit off.  But I thought he actually looked quite lively running with the ball.

He is exciting - but hopefully he will have learned a lesson from loosing the ball too easily in a dangerous position. And his tracking back was a joke!

Sort that out and he could be a great sub when opponents are getting tired. Thats his way into the team atm.

What will a wide man who has no burst of pace,power or conviction do out wide? Amble around the paddock looking like a hybrid of Viana and Luque.

It's a bit harsh to say he lacks conviction, but yeah there are issues with his physicality.

Early days though. I take comfort from remembering a very similar looking player who I saw on his debut for the toon many years ago. A player who looked far too weak for professional football, and who I dismissed out of hand. His name was Chris Waddle.

I for one am shocked that your footballing knowledge and judgement were proven to be lacking.  Shocked I tell you.

I for one am shocked that your footballing knowledge and judgement were proven to be lacking.  Shocked I tell you.

:lol: I made the Waddle comparison a while back like, more due to an awkward playing style and direct running than anything else.  Based on YouTube videos though of course, as he's shown very little for us so far.

He is exciting - but hopefully he will have learned a lesson from loosing the ball too easily in a dangerous position. And his tracking back was a joke!

Sort that out and he could be a great sub when opponents are getting tired. Thats his way into the team atm.

He's exciting?

i think so. Not fair to judge him yet.

Needs to improve parts of his game tbh. Could be another Arfa but hope its not the case.

He has shown really exciting stuff - but also the opposite i agree.

Once in 30 years it happens. I was probably drunk at the time.