Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest palnese

Surely we have to be getting the impression from somewhere that he's interested?

Yes, if the reports of us bidding are true, then I's expect him to be interested.

Surely we have to be getting the impression from somewhere that he's interested?

Was thinking the same thing. Stoke pulled the plug on Shaqiri when it looked like a no go so that they didn't waste time and miss out on other targets. We must have had some encouragement somewhere along the line.

Thauvin who has made it clear on several occasions that he has no intention of leaving Marseille, let alone joining Newcastle United. Thauvin the target, but the pursuit must be over.

:tiote:

Thauvin will sign for Sunderland.

Ah, think I may have made things worse. :undecided:

Straight swap for Cabella, he just didn't cut the cloth for me last year...

Was given loads of games to prove himself like. Especially that 15 game run where he done nowt. I agree.

Oh wait, none of those things happened.

Was given loads of games to prove himself like. Especially that 15 game run where he done nowt. I agree.

He made 31 appearances and chipped in with 1 goal and 1 assist. Stats arent everything a kna', but he contributed very little  in games in other areas.

I havent totally written him off by the way, I just wouldnt shed any tears if he left. If he stays then great, lets see if he's better than he showed.

He made 31 appearances and chipped in with 1 goal and 1 assist. Stats arent everything a kna', but he contributed very little  in games in other areas.

I havent totally written him off by the way, I just wouldnt shed any tears if he left. If he stays then great, lets see if he's better than he showed.

Lets compare then:

Last season -

31 appearances = 1943 minutes

21 starts (subbed off in 10)

10 substituted on

This equated to 1 goal and around 3 assists.

For Montpellier the season before -

37 appearances = 3206 minutes

36 starts (subbed off in 4)

1 substituted on

This equated to 14 goals and 5 assists.

So for Montpellier he played a total of 32 full 90 matches, and for us he managed the mighty sum of 11 full games. That's really giving the lad a chances to prove himself like.

The way you portray his stats, is not representable of the scenario he was in, under both Pardew and Carver. I am totally under the belief that in a team that passes and moves, with him possible playing more centrally, or giving a free role on the wing, he will manage atleast 5-6 goals and assists each, next season. It would be lunacy to ship the lad out now.

Carver got more out of Cabella in his time in charge than Pardew did, which goes to show how fucking appaling both managers were especially as they're pretty much a carbon copy of each other.

Give Cabella a run in McClaren's system with some decent coaches for a season, this is his first 'proper' season the way I see it.

No way would I swap Cabella for him. We need a another winger not a replacement for Cabella.

Cabella has had a year of getting used to the league, some players need that first year. I can see him kicking on this season.

Cabella will be fine if there's some legit structure around him. If we plan on playing him like we did last season, in the hope he's a maverick winger that's going to dribble past 2 or 3 players at a time, then we might as well boot him out now. Probably the biggest 'system' player we've got, along with Anita.

You'd think anyone observing the Premiership for any length of time wouldn't judge foreigners after a year in the league, unless they generally just look like they have nothing about them.

I think Cabella showed enough quality on the ball to not be instantly sold at the first opportunity, especially considering we have like 1 other winger who was injured for the whole of last season.