Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Terrible decision making all round regarding Thauvin. I remember feeling so optimistic when he signed about what he may bring to the team. Unsurprising, I remember given it was like two minutes ago!

Sadly, it's not our decision. He is the one who wants to leave, rightly or wrongly, because of the stick he received at Watford.

:lol: Yep, no going back now. Couldn't possibly find a way to remedy this situation. He is of course the first footballer ever to have a questionable temperament.

Terrible decision making all round regarding Thauvin. I remember feeling so optimistic when he signed about what he may bring to the team. Unsurprising, I remember given it was like two minutes ago!

Sadly, it's not our decision. He is the one who wants to leave, rightly or wrongly, because of the stick he received at Watford.

While I thought that stick was disgusting, I don't think he can hide behind that if he wants to get away.  Anyone who has such a fragile temperament has no place at a club like Newcastle anyway. It's a shame because the lad clearly has talent but found the pace of the premier league too fast for his liking.

I'm not sure I'm following this at all like, Thauvin has just decided he can't deal with the stick he got and he has to leave so the club are just saying "aye no bother" and spending £12m to replace him then letting him go wherever he wants while presumably still covering his wages to a degree and then maybe flogging him for a massive loss after a few more months? Which is what they just did with Cabella.

All seems incredibly one sided to me and I'm rather amazed that the club like Thauvin so much to give him exactly what he wants at the cost of £12m. He must be a really nice kid I guess.

While I thought that stick was disgusting, I don't think he can hide behind that if he wants to get away.  Anyone who has such a fragile temperament has no place at a club like Newcastle anyway. It's a shame because the lad clearly has talent but found the pace of the premier league too fast for his liking.

I'm not sure I'm following this at all like, Thauvin has just decided he can't deal with the stick he got and he has to leave so the club are just saying "aye no bother" and spending £12m to replace him then letting him go wherever he wants while presumably still covering his wages to a degree and then maybe flogging him for a massive loss after a few more months? Which is what they just did with Cabella.

All seems incredibly one sided to me and I'm rather amazed that the club like Thauvin so much to give him exactly what he wants at the cost of £12m. He must be a really nice kid I guess.

Or maybe he just doesn't want to be here, doesn't like being tackled and wants to follow his girlfriend back on the next flight to Paris, Marseilles or whichever stylish French region he hails from. In any case, he's only going out on loan, maybe he will get to try again here next season assuming he's got the appetite for it.

Or maybe he just doesn't want to be here, doesn't like being tackled and wants to follow his girlfriend back on the next flight to Paris, Marseilles or whichever stylish French region he hails from. In any case, he's only going out on loan, maybe he will get to try again here next season assuming he's got the appetite for it.

The point being it's not a one sided arrangement Tron.

It is mate, if he won't do the basics on the pitch. I've no idea what he does in training, but in the games he's played he's looked like he didn't fancy it at all giving the ball up at the slightest challenge. Wijnaldum has had his critics for disappearing from games but one thing which is obvious about him is that he protects the ball fiercely when he receives it.

Why are we saying he doesn't do the basics on the pitch? He looked absolutely fine most of the time, he just wasn't quick and struggled to beat his man consistently enough, given that he only started 4 games and then was thrown on for the final 20 seconds every game in between that I think it's fair to say he might have gotten a bit better.

Along with Mbiwa he's the worst we've handled a player.

It is mate, if he won't do the basics on the pitch. I've no idea what he does in training, but in the games he's played he's looked like he didn't fancy it at all giving the ball up at the slightest challenge. Wijnaldum has had his critics for disappearing from games but one thing which is obvious about him is that he protects the ball fiercely when he receives it.

I haven't seen any of his later appearances but he certainly didn't look that way when he first signed.

I just find it awfully convenient that after a bit of stick the club are letting him piss off apparently at his own request which allows them to sign ready made inglish talent like Townsend.

Hopefully AT comes in and does very well as that will gloss nicely over how badly we've managed to integrate a young foreign player into an absolutely shite team in the last 6 months.

But yeah it could be entirely down to Thauvin himself, however given what I've seen of the club and its management I'm inclined to believe otherwise personally.

He's been badly treated TBH, but if the Watford thing is affecting him he needs to grow a spine.

He's not going to get better sitting on the Bench.  Must be soul destroying seeing Gouff getting on the pitch ahead of him.

He's been badly treated TBH, but if the Watford thing is affecting him he needs to grow a spine.

He's not going to get better sitting on the Bench.  Must be soul destroying seeing Gouff getting on the pitch ahead of him.

Agreed, I know we can't exactly give him a compelling reason to stay. Would just be nice if he had the spirit to not give up so easily.

Agreed, I know we can't exactly give him a compelling reason to stay. Would just be nice if he had the spirit to not give up so easily.

Keegan would have got him playing.  He'll be another Ben Arfa - we'll let him go and he'll turn into a world beater. 

Keegan would have got him playing.  He'll be another Ben Arfa - we'll let him go and he'll turn into a world beater. 

I wouldn't be surprised (although he's half the player HBA is).

Different situation to Ben Arfa

I wouldn't be surprised (although he's half the player HBA is).

Personally I hope we keep him for another season as I recon he'll come good - he's just unfortunate that we're in a relegation battle so they're not allowing him the chance to get to grips with the league.

Ben Arfa was tough as nails, there's no comparison. As if Thauvin would ever have his leg snapped in half then still raise his hand to the crowd while being carried off on a stretcher on an oxygen machine.

To be fair it's soul destroying for me watching Gouff on the pitch ahead of me, and I'm a fat talentless lazy arsehole

It kind of is though isn't it. Being a footballer is no different to having any other job in a lot of ways, and at the end of the day they're just people. In your line of work, would you kick up a fuss and resign / ask for a transfer to a different office etc if you hated where you are?

Ah the old compare it to working in an office argument.

The only way it's that one sided is if he's gone on strike or refused to play imo.

Perhaps you know more about the behind the scenes efforts to integrate the lad but the on field efforts have been laughable, as they have with many other young foreign players we've signed.

But aye it could all be them I suppose.

I agree with TCD...... :anguish:

What a waste of time and money.  Guilt should be apportioned to both sides.  But it was constantly mentioned that he didn't want to come here and that he hadn't even been playing well in France.  Yet we spunked a lot of money on him anyway.  Then proceeded to not play him for whatever reason.  Now he's off 6 months.

What a mess.