Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aside from the Warford game some of his cameos have been really quite promising so I'm struggling to get my head around the logic in this.

Lamela was another who really struggled in his first year and look how important he is now for Spurs. I don't think it's too unreasonable to compare the two either.

Would be good (though unlikely) if McClaren came out and rubbished the rumour and said they have faith in him etc. Would be a good confidence booster for him and maybe get a few off his back

That's far too sensible :lol:

He hasn't rubbished the rumour obviously but he has come out publicly and backed him to be fair

By saying they'll work with him behind the scenes. Suddenly he's picked up a knock so is missing the match, then he's highly linked with a move back to France. Top backing :lol:

well no, he came out and said they're working with him and he still has a big part to play this season, Shown he has quality etc.

McLaren cant stop rumours.

We've taken the exact same approach with this guy than with Cabella 12 prior. We might as well have kept the first one. Nice little futile exercise that has cost the club 12 million.

If it's been instigated by the player then it's best for all parties that he moves on. He won't be much good to us in a relegation battle if he wants to run home at the first sign of trouble because a few hundred fans gave him a bit of stick for diving and pretending to be hurt.

If it's the club wanting to move him on then Carrs head needs to be on the chopping block because it's been a disastrous signing, of Luque and Boomsong proportions.

Just find the whole situation bizarre.

Aside from the Warford game some of his cameos have been really quite promising so I'm struggling to get my head around the logic in this.

Lamela was another who really struggled in his first year and look how important he is now for Spurs. I don't think it's too unreasonable to compare the two either.

Lamela was one of the top prospects in Europe though. 20 goals I believe. And he's not worth the money they paid anyway.

Boumsong tried. Luque had a massive injury. Thauvin is up there with Mickey O.

Owen had a few massive injuries but still managed 26 goals which worked out at better than a goal every 3 games. I can only remember Luque getting the 4th against the mackems. Boumsong was just a dodgy transfer altogether and was Souness doing Rangers (and himself) a big favour.

Even from a squad strength position it seems ridiculous. He's our only actual senior wide player. I've seen Aarons's name

creep up a lot lately but in the Northampton game where Thauvin was man of the match Aarons was marked out of the game then subbed off after having a nightmare. If Thauvin isn't ready for the league then he's got no chance.

Mohammed Ali ‏@mohammedali_93  52s53 seconds ago

@KHeneage @NUFCThreatLevel reported by @laprovence yes. No purchase option

So we are loaning him back and we won't even be able to sell him to them. What a waste of time

Surprised he can hold his phone/type on a keyboard, tbh.

I'm still struggling to see what Thauvin has actually done wrong? [emoji38]

Like any non-physically imposing creative player we buy if they don't win games single handedly from the off they're done for because the fans will turn quickly and it'll become pointless keeping them.

This is exactly it.

:thup:

Or it's become apparent to the management that he isn't good enough and the fans have absolutely no impact on our transfer policy....

Obviously the "you can't play for more than 2 clubs in one season" thing is a big play here, hence the only options are to persist with him here or send him back to OM in the hope that he'll regain form and knowing our club the thought process is he becomes an asset again that we can sell.

What I find bizarre is after 3 starts and 420 minutes of football, people are writing off a 22 year old in a new league?! He's averaged 26 minuted a match ffs, how is he supposed to gain any kind of form with those fleeting cameos? Insanity. We can't keep buying young potential and selling them on at a loss without letting them grow into the Premiership,  it's a tough league and unless you're paying the big bucks you're not going to get someone that can walk into a premiership team and make a difference. Ayoze was an exception, not the rule.

The trouble is this club want short term success with long term purchases, one of many of their "ideals" that's never going to work.

What I find bizarre is after 3 starts and 420 minutes of football, people are writing off a 22 year old in a new league?! He's averaged 26 minuted a match ffs, how is he supposed to gain any kind of form with those fleeting cameos? Insanity. We can't keep buying young potential and selling them on at a loss without letting them grow into the Premiership,  it's a tough league and unless you're paying the big bucks you're not going to get someone that can walk into a premiership team and make a difference. Ayoze was an exception, not the rule.

The trouble is this club want short term success with long term purchases, one of many of their "ideals" that's never going to work.

Totally agree and some of our fans are part of the problem here, sickened me where I heard of the abuse he got at Watford. For Perez the pressure was off, he wasn't even expected to be a first team player initially, he came in for a very low fee. This lad has had a weight of expectation put on him early on and simply not been given the chance to even try to live up to that.

:morph:

All personal taste and what you see or don't.

Personally have seen nowt in him or Cabella. Hope we have learnt our lesson. Number of minutes on the pitch is a bit of a spurious argument imo.

Hasn't even looked like possessing anything that would be of use or benefit to us.

Trying to liken him to Pires/Henri/Lamella etc re settling in is missing the point, again imo.

He isn't suited to the PL and no amount of time will make up for the fact that he's been a poor and ill judged signing.

If we can recoup the money we spunked on him then we have been very lucky.