Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What I find bizarre is after 3 starts and 420 minutes of football, people are writing off a 22 year old in a new league?! He's averaged 26 minuted a match ffs, how is he supposed to gain any kind of form with those fleeting cameos? Insanity. We can't keep buying young potential and selling them on at a loss without letting them grow into the Premiership,  it's a tough league and unless you're paying the big bucks you're not going to get someone that can walk into a premiership team and make a difference. Ayoze was an exception, not the rule.

The trouble is this club want short term success with long term purchases, one of many of their "ideals" that's never going to work.

Totally agree and some of our fans are part of the problem here, sickened me where I heard of the abuse he got at Watford. For Perez the pressure was off, he wasn't even expected to be a first team player initially, he came in for a very low fee. This lad has had a weight of expectation put on him early on and simply not been given the chance to even try to live up to that.

It sickened you when you heard of a player receiving a bit of stick for reportedly rolling about and feigning injury when 1-0 down? Gerra grip.

Poll added. :iamatwat:

Is option 3 there really a choice. If that is there thought process, can understand shipping off Thauvin to regain a little confidence, but with our club I doubt they are thinking in this joined up way. Spuds we were told wanted too much for Townsend and after seeing us willing to part with 12 million for Shelvey, it's hardly likely that they'll ask less now.

If Thauvin goes, like always I expect them to have no plans in place to fill the void.

:morph:

All personal taste and what you see or don't.

Personally have seen nowt in him or Cabella. Hope we have learnt our lesson. Number of minutes on the pitch is a bit of a spurious argument imo.

Hasn't even looked like possessing anything that would be of use or benefit to us.

Trying to liken him to Pires/Henri/Lamella etc re settling in is missing the point, again imo.

He isn't suited to the PL and no amount of time will make up for the fact that he's been a poor and ill judged signing.

If we can recoup the money we spunked on him then we have been very lucky.

Yeah?

What I find bizarre is after 3 starts and 420 minutes of football, people are writing off a 22 year old in a new league?! He's averaged 26 minuted a match ffs, how is he supposed to gain any kind of form with those fleeting cameos? Insanity. We can't keep buying young potential and selling them on at a loss without letting them grow into the Premiership,  it's a tough league and unless you're paying the big bucks you're not going to get someone that can walk into a premiership team and make a difference. Ayoze was an exception, not the rule.

The trouble is this club want short term success with long term purchases, one of many of their "ideals" that's never going to work.

Totally agree and some of our fans are part of the problem here, sickened me where I heard of the abuse he got at Watford. For Perez the pressure was off, he wasn't even expected to be a first team player initially, he came in for a very low fee. This lad has had a weight of expectation put on him early on and simply not been given the chance to even try to live up to that.

It's the shadow of HBA hanging over all of these players. He blew the doors off Everton in his first start  :smitten: so now the fans expect it from his "replacements." Totally unfair to Cabella and Thauvin, but so it goes...

Personally have seen nowt in him or Cabella. Hope we have learnt our lesson. Number of minutes on the pitch is a bit of a spurious argument imo.

Hasn't even looked like possessing anything that would be of use or benefit to us.

Trying to liken him to Pires/Henri/Lamella etc re settling in is missing the point, again imo.

He isn't suited to the PL and no amount of time will make up for the fact that he's been a poor and ill judged signing.

Yeah?

Yeah. imo obviously.

Nowt to do with his nationality, his position or his hair.

This lad does not have the physical attributes, desire, commitment, attitude or balls to cut it at this level. imo.

Person to blame for this of course is haddock lips.if hadn't alienated HBA we wouldn't have need to waste time and money on Cabella or Thauvin.

B/c GB has seen so much of him he's able to fully analyze Florian

Exactly, it's crazy how people continue to spout this he's not suited for the league when he's played so few minutes in half of a season.

How long did it take you to see that Jack Colback was not a player suited to the PL/footbal or life in general?

or that Des Hamilton was shit?

It's nowt to do with time. You can see when a player is missing something,when that spark is lacking in either character , application or suitability to the standard he is playing in...... and I see nowt in him at all.

Contrast him to Mitrovic . Young lad being asked to lead a forward line well before the time he should be. Yes he has missed chances, yes he has looked out of sorts at times...but there is something there. application, desire, hunger call it what you want.

Sorry but for me Thauvin could play every 90 mins for the rest of the season and I am confident he would show fuck all.

I don't see how he's not suited to the league. I think when he has played its his ability on the ball that has let him down and not strength or anything like that. He's misplaced a lot of passes and some poor dribbling when he played at the start of the season. I do kind of like him though, seems to have a bit of a swagger that suggests he does have quite a bit of ability

Obviously the "you can't play for more than 2 clubs in one season" thing is a big play here, hence the only options are to persist with him here or send him back to OM in the hope that he'll regain form and knowing our club the thought process is he becomes an asset again that we can sell.

Also loaning him out might go towards funding a loan move for Townsend who is probably considered more battle hardened from the premier.

Couldn't really give a shit if he leaves. Like De Jong and Cabella, he's not had much chance to properly develop but I haven't seen much worth persevering with anyway.

We should have just kept Ben Arfa. Fucking tossers.

Yeah?

Yeah. imo obviously.

Nowt to do with his nationality, his position or his hair.

This lad does not have the physical attributes, desire, commitment, attitude or balls to cut it at this level. imo.

Person to blame for this of course is haddock lips.if hadn't alienated HBA we wouldn't have need to waste time and money on Cabella or Thauvin.

I don't like to write anyone off when they haven't been given much game time, but it's his lack of desire that is a concern to me. Cabella was physically lightweight but he at least tried to protect the ball and usually got clattered for his efforts. I still think he tried to give it a good go before deciding the premier league wasn't for him. Thauvin on the other hand just looks like he's playing in slow motion. I do think there's a player in there, I'm just not convinced he wants it enough. His girlfriend probably pissed off back to France months ago.

Couldn't really give a shit if he leaves. Like De Jong and Cabella, he's not had much chance to properly develop but I haven't seen much worth persevering with anyway.

:thup: to all of that

Agree. Although we've got to remember the players do train every day. Fans might scream give him a chance, but if he's absolute shite in training he's never going to get in. Manager's credibility with the players would go down the pan if the lad that tarts around all week gets a game regardless

In HBA we had a player that could tear up the league, he was alienated and scapegoated by old fish lips and we'll never replace him. Unless we persevere with a player like Thauvin, who has potential, we're going to keep losing money like this because sure as hell we're not going to fork out the kind of money it'll cost to replace him. One thing's for sure, Townsend is not the answer.

Agree. Although we've got to remember the players do train every day. Fans might scream give him a chance, but if he's absolute shite in training he's never going to get in. Manager's credibility with the players would go down the pan if the lad that tarts around all week gets a game regardless

:thup:

Aside from the Obertan>Perez debacle like. :lol:

hey for all we know Obertan could be like Messi in training

Ouch!

Tbh I think I saw more potential from Cabella. Thauvin looks a bit more suited physically but has really shown nothing to get me excited. Neither, skills combined, hold a candle to Hatem. Still cannot believe we got rid.

Thauvin has shown the skills in France, but is clearly a confidence player and that won't be improved without a decent chance and run in the team. There is always a fair amount of fans hoping he will come good in time, which he might. It is certainly not the first time it has taken a foreigner to settle in a new league. Ultimately pride is one thing that also makes people want to keep him. If we get rid its just another transfer that makes us look like complete mugs. Again not convinced Townsend is the answer like many but would certainly offer more from what Thauvin has shown.

Ahh the old meritocracy of mediocrity. I'd rather a manager who could select a team to win games, training for trainings sake is utterly pointless.

If you're a proven star then yeah, you can get more leeway in training, but if you're fighting for a place in the side and you aren't busting a gut in training then you can't really expect to be thrown into a game, especially when every game is very important for us now, just to see what happens.

That being said, we haven't got the slightest clue what he's like in training anyway :lol: could be Messi could be Obertan.

Just think unless it's an obvious case (Gouff over HBA) you've got to give the manager the benefit of the doubt sometimes with player selection.