Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Never understood booing your own players unless they're really taking the p*ss like some have. I really don't see how it's going to help the lad improve. It's especially harsh since he's lived off a few 5-10 minute cameos when we're already behind in the past few months.

Can't remember ever booing one of our own players myself but don't really have a problem with it depending on the circumstances. Fans pay a fortune to follow their team these days and if they think one of the players is taking the pi$$ out of them they're within their rights to let him know. It's something that's always happened. Remember when I first started going regularly the likes of Wayne Fereday and Kevin Brock used to get absolutely slaughtered at times and they were only being paid a few hundred quid a week for the privilege.

Don't see what Thauvin's done to even get close to being booed. He's hardly had a chance yet.

Agree! Not all players hit the ground running and some never take off.  Booing will only make the latter more likely.

Don't see what Thauvin's done to even get close to being booed. He's hardly had a chance yet.

Didn't he get booed because he dived and pretended to be injured when we were 1-0 down?

That's what I heard. If so fair enough.

Well, usually takes more than one incident for someone to get booed.

Support the team, not the regime*

*unless you don't like the team because they're foreign and cost more than fuck all and/or fellow supporters are trying to galvanise against the regime but you don't think they should because it has a negative impact at games where you're trying to boo players.

Perez does it every game. Last week the referee waved play on after he was fouled and he lay on the floor for a minute while we were in the Arsenal half on the attack.

Well it's down to public perception of the players really. Perez is always talking about how great the fans are and about the history of the club and stuff like that, plus he has performed well for us in the recent past. The public perception of Thauvin is that he struts around in a tux and doesn't really care, and also he hasn't really done anything for the club yet so he's an easy target

McLaren hardly helps his cause with the line "he's got a little knock so he's out" surely only going to fuel the 'Soft Frog' brigade.

:lol:

Why isn't that helping like? He might have a little knock. The type that could turn into a longer term problem if he's involved tonight.

Perhaps he should have said "Thauvin's had a massive knock, he'll be lucky to walk again" and then when he's back next week the 'Soft Frog' brigade will instantly fall in love with him.

I meant that the language used could easily be seen as condescending.

*unless you don't like the team because they're foreign and cost more than f*** all and/or fellow supporters are trying to galvanise against the regime but you don't think they should because it has a negative impact at games where you're trying to boo players.

:thup: The logic about supporting the club through thick and thin doesn't seem to be adhered to when it comes to players.

*unless you don't like the team because they're foreign and cost more than f*** all and/or fellow supporters are trying to galvanise against the regime but you don't think they should because it has a negative impact at games where you're trying to boo players.

:thup: The logic about supporting the club through thick and thin doesn't seem to be adhered to when it comes to players.

:thup: to both posts

Got to be honest in this day and age I couldn't really care less what treatment your average PL footballer gets from the fans. I can't be bothered with most of them anyway and as I'm no longer a match going fan it doesn't really affect me. If those that still want to boo do so then crack on for me.

Guest firetotheworks

:thup: to both posts

Remember when AshleyOut asked supporters to stay away from the match and there were loads of people saying 'I just can't stay away' 'it'll affect the team' 'support the team not the regime' and then it got to half half time and every fucker that went booed the team. :lol:

Yup, it doesn't wind me up personally but I can see why people would be. But why is Thauvin getting abuse for it and no one else

Because he's seen as a French tart so is an easy target. Ben Arfa was a French dandy too, but despite the pretty face he was a bit of a hard nut on the ball.

Guest firetotheworks

Loving this club is akin to loving Sunderland tbh :lol: I can't imagine anyone loving NUFC for what it is at the moment.

Against Watford some of the repertoire included slagging off the Watford fans for being crap fans, singing that the toon fans are the best in the world, then singing that our team is s***.

Surely the best fans in the world won't boo their own players and sing songs about how s*** we are? Not exactly the most encouraging songs for a team clearly lacking in confidence?

But hey, we showed those Watford fans. All they had to take home from the match was a win.