Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

I have a feeling it's more the player that wants to leave now, than us trying to kick him out the door. Don't really believe he was injured on Tuesday either. Think he wants to go back to France, especially after the stick he got off the fans at Watford.

I have a feeling it's more the player that wants to leave now, than us trying to kick him out the door. Don't really believe he was injured on Tuesday either. Think he wants to go back to France, especially after the stick he got off the fans at Watford.

Well then we need to show some balls and tell the lad to at least wait until the end of the season and tell him he'll get a run of games before that.  Unless Marseille are willing to cancel the entire deal and give us our money back I think its completely mental.  We're wary of spending money and haggle over a couple of million at times but we're fine with buying a player for £13m and letting him go for fuck all half a season later when he decides he doesn't fancy it.  Its completely bonkers.

Guest alijmitchell

God this club. In the context, shipping him to Marseille on loan isn't the worst idea. He's close to finished here, young, not adapted, not played, subject of fan abuse, low confidence and unlikely to offer much in a relegation scrap. A loan somewhere would be good to give him games. Marseille might be where he wins a bit of confidence back. A lot of money to spunk on a kid you aren't gonna properly nurture.

He got a fair chunk back off Cabella though didn't he ? and then that deal led onto the Thauvin deal. If the lad can't hack it and he know's it, then he has to go back we can't just wet nurse him until he feels like he wants to try again.

Because they are desperate, they have no money to buy a winger, they don't have good scouts, they've got a lot of players who got injured recently and may be they had not planned to recruit a winger, now they have a limited time for that. He was good when he was playing for Bastia and they hope that he will play again at this level.

He got a fair chunk back off Cabella though didn't he ? and then that deal led onto the Thauvin deal. If the lad can't hack it and he know's it, then he has to go back we can't just wet nurse him until he feels like he wants to try again.

Didn't we pay about £10m for Cabella and agreed to sell him for £5.8m a season later, that's not a fair chunk back IMO.  We've then spent £13m on Thauvin, and what will we get back realistically from Marseille just 6 months later?, not close to £13m, they can't afford that kind of money.

Did we? I thought we bought Cabella for around £10m then sold him for £6m. That's a fair drop in value in 12 months.

A lot of rumours bandied about the Cabella deal being much cheaper than many thought.

Possibly, their was a wide variety of fees mentioned when he came in, £12m, £10m, £8m.  Would make more sense if we only paid £8m.  Still does seem like we geniunely paid £13m or very close to that for Thauvin though and Marseille are skint.

Did we? I thought we bought Cabella for around £10m then sold him for £6m. That's a fair drop in value in 12 months.

I read as low as £6-8m i'm sure. But as high as £12m

Looks like we're starting to bear the fruits of our new, innovative policy of appointing the head coach on the board to form a magic transfer summit triumvirate. How did we end up with a player the head coach clearly didn't want and who cost us an arm and a leg?