Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Us signing a winger has nothing to do with us signing a defender.

We either want another defender or we don't. Thauvin has nothing to do with it.

Also Cabella is not a winger so it's not a case of Thauvin vs Cabella. The latter is not getting in the centre ahead of Wijnaldum, De Jong, Perez or Sissoko.

Exactly, also it's funny because Marseille apparently want Cabella because he's more comfortable centrally than Thauvin is and we want Thauvin because he's more comfortable out wide than Cabella is. :lol:

Although i'd much rather keep Cabella and play him behind the striker tbh.

In fact, I think loaning Cabella is a good idea. He needs to regain some confidence and get match fit.

Hopefully in a year we will have him back but I suspect we will flog him.

Also Cabella is not a winger so it's not a case of Thauvin vs Cabella. The latter is not getting in the centre ahead of Wijnaldum, De Jong, Perez or Sissoko.

Be insane if they didn't get one though, right? I mean, they must see this. With the current defensive set up, no matter what other positions are filled, how well we're playing, we will continue to ship goals and lose games because of our god awful defending.

Also worry about it damaging the confidence of the other signings. They play well, score, go ahead, and... FFS!!! again with the fucking defending, what's the point.

In fact, I think loaning Cabella is a good idea. He needs to regain some confidence and get match fit.

Hopefully in a year we will have him back but I suspect we will flog him.

If we loan him, he's gone. I don't want it but that's the reality.

Be insane if they didn't get one though, right? I mean, they must see this. With the current defensive set up, no matter what other positions are filled, how well we're playing, we will continue to ship goals and lose games because of our god awful defending.

Also worry about it damaging the confidence of the other signings. They play well, score, go ahead, and... FFS!!! again with the f***ing defending, what's the point.

It's all well and good wanting a defender, but are the defenders we want available?

If we've learnt anything from the last few years it's that we don't look at targets who aren't on our main wanted list.

Have thought since the window opened that our main CB target is Abenddour from Monaco. Not sure if that's possible at all though?

Also worry about it damaging the confidence of the other signings. They play well, score, go ahead, and... FFS!!! again with the f***ing defending, what's the point.

It's all well and good wanting a defender, but are the defenders we want available?

If we've learnt anything from the last few years it's that we don't look at targets who aren't on our main wanted list.

Have thought since the window opened that our main CB target is Abenddour from Monaco. Not sure if that's possible at all though?

Could be possible if we are his best choice, how long should we wait though ? We don't seem to clever at having a back up ready to sign when that fails.

Could be possible if we are his best choice, how long should we wait though ? We don't seem to clever at having a back up ready to sign when that fails.

I would think we already have a pretty good idea if he wants to come or not, and the rumours that we are back in for him suggest there's a chance.

In terms of waiting I expect it's a case of him or no one else. That's how we usually work, where we don't stray from our list of targets.

Its a link that's never gone away. but it cant happen man. would be the best deal of the window done by anyone to get a player in who's that good in a position we desperately need. just no chance  :mike:

Would've been interesting to see how Cabella would've done with a bit of time but the fact Sammy Ameobi scored more goals last season probably tells its own story. It would appear we have several better options than him for the CAM role and he's certainly not a PL winger. Good move for everyone you'd think.

Exactly how I feel.

Would've been interesting to see how Cabella would've done with a bit of time but the fact Sammy Ameobi scored more goals last season probably tells its own story. It would appear we have several better options than him for the CAM role and he's certainly not a PL winger. Good move for everyone you'd think.

Exactly how I feel.

but playing the way we have started with 3 infront of a holding two, the wider two of the three aren't quite CAM's or wingers. Personally think it's the perfect role for Sissoko.

the biggest thing for Cabella is that Ayoze cant even get in the line-up, and he's better than Cabella in every position.

I don't think that's true, for me Cabella would be better than Ayoze in the two wide positions, and possibly as #10 as well. We've basically only seen Ayoze play as a striker.

the biggest thing for Cabella is that Ayoze cant even get in the line-up, and he's better than Cabella in every position.

I don't think that's true, for me Cabella would be better than Ayoze in the two wide positions, and possibly as #10 as well. We've basically only seen Ayoze play as a striker.

no chance. Ayoze much better off the left than Cabella. only played as a "Striker" from October to early December, after that he was out wide for a bit (fantastic against everton at home) and then was number 10 from then on as either Riv or Cisse started every game. was probably our best player at all times

Although I have a lot of time for Thauvin, he's very lightweight, inconsistent <b>and (at best) is as good as Cabella</b>. He also seems to have regressed in the last 2 years when he was being touted as one of the top prospects in France so, as per, it looks like we're gambling on him realizing his potential here.

Not according to most French journalists and French football fans. A quick scan of Twitter confirms that. Most seem to think that he has played poorly recently but he's got HUGE potential and ability that not many others have in France (hence so many comparisons to Ben Arfa). Cabella was never rated that highly.

Cabella is rated highly. I'd say he's underestimated in England, although I do acknowledge it's difficult to say where he would suit position wise. Not giving him a proper chance would be wrong though. He might not have had the same hype as Thauvin had at Bastia, but I'm not sure Thauvin is seen as the better player. Higher ceiling - perhaps/probably. Huge risk though. Expensive/disruption/poor for a long time.

As much as Cabella is underestimated, Thauvin seems to be hyped.

Can he beat a full back and whip a cross in consistently? That's about all we need to know tbh, if he can do that then he would be one of only two players at the club who can.

Pretty much this. While I would be more than happy to keep Cabella here, he's not really a winger, and as others have said, we already have plenty of players who can play the AM role. If Thauvin is a genuine winger, then both Cisse and Mitrovic will thrive on some decent delivery.

He's about as much of a winger as Ben Arfa was tbh. In the sense that he's a fantastic dribbler more than he is a crosser. ( although like Ben Arfa he is capable)

The difference between him and Cabella is he's a lot more direct, takes a decent set piece as well so that's something. I wouldn't particularly say he's a proper winger like Robert was though.

Guest reefatoon

Set penis. I meant to say set penis.

And if is trying to find Mitrovic he'd be better off looking in the ref's book

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Foxrato+rolled+a+random+image+posted+in+comment+64+at+_fe014f18b0835f60689488f7026daa83.jpg