Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Corrigan

Would you rather he finds someone better suited to lump it to so he can see out that 8 year contract?

If he can't manage to get the side he has playing Football then IMO the best thing is for him to fail and leave, not mold our squad to suit his incompetence.

As much as you're keen to mock others (EVERYONE WHO EXPRESSES A NEGATIVE OPINION IS SLITTING THEIR WRISTS LOL LOL LOL), this idea that Carroll can only play in an exclusively long ball team is just as mock-able.

We weren't that long ball under Hughton and Carroll's hold-up play was phenomenal.  Do you think we hoofed the ball to the 5-1 win over the mackems?  That was one of the best all-round performances I've seen from an NUFC centre forward, despite not scoring a goal.  At his best he allowed us to mix it up, short and long, because his attributes made him an excellent spearhead for our attack.  If there's faith we could get him back to that sort of form then the decision to get him back here would be a total no-brainer.

What idea that Carroll can only play an in an exclusively long ball team?, I wasn't claiming that and have never claimed that.  There were suggestions here that if we bring in Carroll that would help us be successful in the way Pardew wants us to play (long ball) because of his height/ability in the air.  I was saying I don't want to do anything to prolong his management if he can't adapt his style away from hoofball.  In fact what you've just agreed with below from Colo's Short and Curlies is basically the same point I was making.

I've said many times before that under a different manager I'd take Carroll back for the right price.  But under Pardew I don't want him anywhere near the squad because I can see how he'll be used.

I don't think everyone who expresses a negative opinion is slitting their wrists either, just a silly exaggeration that like.  I express negative opinions sometimes like anyone else.  What I can't stand is when every single thing is being turned into a negative.

I'm saying Carroll could do a job for any manager if on form, which makes your original post pointless at best. It wouldn't be buying a player for Pardew's style, it would simply be buying a good player that could also play for another manager if Pardew were to leave.

Would you rather he finds someone better suited to lump it to so he can see out that 8 year contract?

If he can't manage to get the side he has playing Football then IMO the best thing is for him to fail and leave, not mold our squad to suit his incompetence.

As much as you're keen to mock others (EVERYONE WHO EXPRESSES A NEGATIVE OPINION IS SLITTING THEIR WRISTS LOL LOL LOL), this idea that Carroll can only play in an exclusively long ball team is just as mock-able.

We weren't that long ball under Hughton and Carroll's hold-up play was phenomenal.  Do you think we hoofed the ball to the 5-1 win over the mackems?  That was one of the best all-round performances I've seen from an NUFC centre forward, despite not scoring a goal.  At his best he allowed us to mix it up, short and long, because his attributes made him an excellent spearhead for our attack.  If there's faith we could get him back to that sort of form then the decision to get him back here would be a total no-brainer.

What idea that Carroll can only play an in an exclusively long ball team?, I wasn't claiming that and have never claimed that.  There were suggestions here that if we bring in Carroll that would help us be successful in the way Pardew wants us to play (long ball) because of his height/ability in the air.  I was saying I don't want to do anything to prolong his management if he can't adapt his style away from hoofball.  In fact what you've just agreed with below from Colo's Short and Curlies is basically the same point I was making.

I've said many times before that under a different manager I'd take Carroll back for the right price.  But under Pardew I don't want him anywhere near the squad because I can see how he'll be used.

I don't think everyone who expresses a negative opinion is slitting their wrists either, just a silly exaggeration that like.  I express negative opinions sometimes like anyone else.  What I can't stand is when every single thing is being turned into a negative.

I'm saying Carroll could do a job for any manager if on form, which makes your original post pointless at best. It wouldn't be buying a player for Pardew's style, it would simply be buying a good player that could also play for another manager if Pardew were to leave.

Man you're still somehow missing my point.  I already said Carroll can play in different systems and can do a job.  I even said in the post you're responding too that I'd take Carroll back under a different manager, yet your response suggests you didn't even read that..  Its not about Carroll, its about Pardew, how he'll play Carroll and how that will help him to keep his job without having to adapt to any kind of decent Football.  I really don't know how I can make this any more clear than I have been.

Carroll isn't the problem - its the perception of managers that a player of his build can only play as atarget man. We know that Pardew likes to get the ball to the front line quickly rather than build play up through the midfield, which is likely to result in a direct long ball unfortunately.

I'm surprised that Rogers didn't try him with the style that liverpool are playing, but the likes of Sam and Pardew would probably try and turn Zlatan into a pure target man just becaue he is 6 foot plus

I'm not. Rogers has a very clear idea about how he wants Liverpool to play and it's a million miles from Pardew's.

Yeah but I thought Rogers had a bit more about him than to just think 'Big Man = lump it'

Sure he does, the problem is will he be able to pass that on to his players in the heat of the battle? I still think Carroll is a victim of his idiotic teammates always using him as an easy option.

Yeah but I thought Rogers had a bit more about him than to just think 'Big Man = lump it'

I'm not sure Carroll is all that good a footballer when the ball isn't hit long, certainly not as good as many on here seem to rate him. Plus Ian is right, when you have a massive striker in your team the ball tends to end up being hit long far more often whether planned or not.

Man you're still somehow missing my point.  I already said Carroll can play in different systems and can do a job.  I even said in the post you're responding too that I'd take Carroll back under a different manager, yet your response suggests you didn't even read that..  Its not about Carroll, its about Pardew, how he'll play Carroll and how that will help him to keep his job without having to adapt to any kind of decent Football.  I really don't know how I can make this any more clear than I have been.

So your point is that we shouldn't buy him yet because we'll do well and keep Pardew in a job? Apologies for not comprehending such a bizarre point of view. :lol:

So your point is that we shouldn't buy him yet because we'll do well and keep Pardew in a job? Apologies for not comprehending such a bizarre point of view. :lol:

It's not that bizarre, Carroll might improve results because he'd suit Pardew's gameplan more, but it's still a shit gameplan which means you will more than likely aim for top 8 at best.

It's not that bizarre, Carroll might improve results because he'd suit Pardew's gameplan more, but it's still a shit gameplan which means you will more than likely aim for top 8 at best.

Yeah I mean obviously I don't want us to be unsuccessful to get Pardew sacked.  I'd love it if we were successful next season even under Pardew as long as that comes from him changing his Football philosophy.  What I don't want is to see us signing players that will help him continue with the shit anti Football he's been getting us to play.

Again you're oversimplifying to devalue my argument, its not worth my time discussing this with you.

Again you're oversimplifying to devalue my argument, its not worth my time discussing this with you.

:lol: I've encapsulated your point actually, you're just being ridiculously precious.  Don't slit your wrists mate.

Yeah I mean obviously I don't want us to be unsuccessful to get Pardew sacked.  I'd love it if we were successful next season even under Pardew as long as that comes from him changing his Football philosophy.  What I don't want is to see us signing players that will help him continue with the shit anti Football he's been getting us to play.

This is what I was getting at.  You'd like us to sign Carroll or you wouldn't like us to sign Carroll.  You're contradicting yourself every time you hit post.

God you talk utter bollocks, like I said no interest in talking to you considering you can't or won't bother to grasp a very simple idea that everyone else is capable of understanding.  Welcome to my ignore list, population you.

Admitting Carroll can do more than play in a route one side then saying you don't want to sign him in case it means we play route one under Pardew.  You're basically saying you want the manager to fail hoofing the ball over Cisse's head next season as long as it means he gets sacked, presumably we can then sign Andy Carroll to play in a side that doesn't necessarily play route one.  Your argument is all over the shop, stop throwing your toys out the pram. :lol:

I'd have Carroll back and I also want to see Pardew gone, don't see why those ideas are mutually exclusive.

Carroll was working well under the end of hughtons reign in a side that was attacking fluidly and did what any basic football side at this level should be doing, which is mixing it up play wise.

He gives us the option of playing more direct and holding up the ball or physically to brutalize the opposition defence for the likes of Ben Arfa to pick up the scraps. He can certainly work in a free flowing ground based attacking side too. He is better with the ball at his feet than some are giving him credit.

Not saying there arent better options for us, but he is someone we know and I think would be at his best playing for us. I dont think his return means back to permenant long ball football, it would however mean we would have way more to offer if we needed to switch to long ball during a game or against certain opposition. He can also draw defenders in and create more time and space for Cisse, this potential partnership could be great or fail miserably, I think it would work better than ba and cisse though.

Dutch football magazine Voetbal International are reporting we are prepared to bid 27 million euros (yeah right!) for Aubameyang, and it is between us and Anzhi, with Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal also credited with an interest.

:yao:

I'm not sure Carroll is all that good a footballer when the ball isn't hit long, certainly not as good as many on here seem to rate him. Plus Ian is right, when you have a massive striker in your team the ball tends to end up being hit long far more often whether planned or not.

When the Club put their faith in Pardew it is a sensible (potential) signing to make. The perfect player for the managers tactics.