Newcastle United vs Chelsea - 02/02/13 at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

Didnt Chelsea score their 2nd and 3rd when Colo and Taylor were f***ed with injuries and we'd used our 3 subs already.

Sturridge was class, but Luiz should never have been on the pitch.

Think Chelsea are beatable this weekend, lot of s**** results recently. But, Ba will score.

Aye, really felt at the time that 3-0 flattered them a lot.

A point would be a good result, I just hope we don't go out there specifically trying to get it. We're at home, give it a go. Last season we lost 3-0 and Chelsea could have had a hatful. The players were applauded off.

This. Nothing to lose IMO so go for it.

Does anyone know why Marveaux wasn't even on the bench against Villa?                               

:giggs: of the week

Has no return date on Physioroom.com - hopefully it's just a knock.

Just a joke man, yesterday people asked where Marv was from before the match when squads were announced, to after it was noted that he had to pull out b/c of a knock, to after the match up until Pards said he had a knock and would be out for 2-3 weeks.

Yeah, normally up to date but missed it all because I was at the game and just saw team news on sky sports in the ground. It's a real loss that he's out - Ben Arfa should be back around the same time, which is a shame as he could have used the extra few games to really cement his place. He did really well in the last few (even though we lost he was the bright point) - would have liked to see him with some quality around him.

Nothing to lose here, the lads are expected to lose here so should really go for it. Attack from the off, pass the ball around like we know we can and take the game to them like we did in the Manyoo and Arse matches. Will be happy with a draw, but still think we have the quality to win this one if we approach the game in the right way.

Keep it tight and take it from there for me. Last 2 games against big teams at home we've been a goal down within a blink of an eye. Have a go by all means but sensibly, full backs need be drilled to fuck not to saunter forward leaving gaps.

Nowt to lose but given that we're still in a relegation fight, a walloping isn't going to do anything for GD/brittle confidence.

Guest tollemache

My word that'd be a colossal boon wouldn't it.

I reckon this is going to be a fucking cracking match and that the new guys will be licking their lips at the thought of a side who will try to outplay them rather than beat them up.

Guest neesy111

Chelsea are in some rotten form, which makes me more sure they'll beat us ;D

:lol: fucking right? Teams always end their shite streak against us

Villa didn't. :rolleyes: