Newcastle United vs Chelsea - 02/02/13 at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

Krul

Debuchy  Saylor  Colo  Santon

Sissoko  Anita  Cabaye

Gouff                      Obertan

Cisse

Saylor ahead of mbiwa because of the familiarity of Ba

Doesn't the opposite hold true though? Ba probably skinned Saylor every day in training (when one of his legs isn't falling off or whatever the fuck has been up with him.

HBA is the type of player for this match, shame he's going to miss it. Cabaye looks like anything he hits at the moment is going to go in so he's still a potential match winner and Sissoko's arrival completely changes the dynamics of the midfield now. Will be interesting to see the midfield battle in this.

Krul

Debuchy    Saylor*    Colo    Santon

Anita

Cabaye            Sissoko

Marv

Cisse            Gouffran

*or Mbiwa

Sissoko and Marv interchanging.

Shame this game has come a bit early for us with these new players, but home advantage may help us a little.

Would love a win, take a draw, but a loss is sadly most probable despite a valiant effort from us.

Guest icemanblue

They're a good side, it just depends if they show up. I'd be over the moon with a point as it'll help build some more positive momentum.

I'll try to include some realism into my selection....

Krul

Debuchy S.Taylor Coloccini Santon

Sissoko Yanga-Mbiwa

Gouffran    Cabaye    Gutierrez

Cisse

Surprisingly confident for this one. 1-1, Ba and Cisse to start and score together for the first time.

Guest neesy111

Can't really make a decent prediction as you can't even predict the 1st 11 at this stage.  We've got to start the game well.

They're a good side, it just depends if they show up. I'd be over the moon with a point as it'll help build some more positive momentum.

Counter attack worries me, we're usually unbelievably open to quick counters and Oscar, Moses and Johnny Mata plus whoever is upfront are quick and good manipulators of space and ball.