Newcastle United 3 - 2 Chelsea - 02/02/13 - post-match orgasm from page 58

Rich

Kinda lucky Terry didn't catch Cisse with that two footed lunge that led to the goal. Completely missed out reckless that was on 1st viewing.

He made himself look silly and was a direct result of the tiff between him, Cisse and Cole 5 minutes earlier and he'd obviously made his mind up to "do" Cisse and cocked up big style.

Guest tollemache

Link to HD / no commentary please

This has reminded me how much I'd generally like to be able to turn commentary off

Total bunch of spoilt teenagers.

As much as Roman gets himself involved to much he has delivered a champions league win and runners up, leagues titles, FA cups and League cups.

Sigh.

And not forgetting he resuced the club when it looked like it was going under and SPUNKED loads of his own cash on the players.

Unreal.

Guest tollemache

This has reminded me how much I'd generally like to be able to turn commentary off

Is it an option on Sky Sports?

I wouldn't know... My football diet consists of internet shadiness, Sky Sports at my parents' which is through a Virgin account so deprives you of all the interactive stuff, and pubs.

It should just be a standard feature. And de rigeur in all pubs

Guest Brazilianbob

It seems to me the ball was there to be won after it rebounded into the air from Krul, and as such both players were entitled to go for it, and I think that's what the ref thought too.

Also, in trying to win the ball first, Ba ducked his head into the clearance attempt by Colo, and you can't give a pen every time a striker puts his head in where boots are flying.  Its a calculated risk by strikers, sometimes they score, other times they lose their teeth, in this case Ba came off worse, end of story.

I wouldn't know... My football diet consists of internet shadiness, Sky Sports at my parents' which is through a Virgin account so deprives you of all the interactive stuff, and pubs.

I once found a stream that showed the stadium and empty pitch throughout half time... best thing I've ever watched! Exactly like being at the match.

It seems to me the ball was there to be won after it rebounded into the air from Krul, and as such both players were entitled to go for it, and I think that's what the ref thought too.

Also, in trying to win the ball first, Ba ducked his head into the clearance attempt by Colo, and you can't give a pen every time a striker puts his head in where boots are flying.  Its a calculated risk by strikers, sometimes they score, other times they lose their teeth, in this case Ba came off worse, end of story.

Tend to agree, it would have been massively unlucky to concede a pen for that.

Guest tollemache

I once found a stream that showed the stadium and empty pitch throughout half time... best thing I've ever watched! Exactly like being at the match.

Sometimes you can hear the commentator checking the sound on those feeds, at about the time the studio would normally be handing over to them. "Newcastle v Chelsea, testing... are we ok? Newcastle v Chelsea. Five, four, three... Hello! Welcome back..."

From the banner in the away fans on Saturday it looks like the Glasgow Rangers/Chelsea love in continues. How sad.

I've got nothing against either club, in fact I've always had a soft spot for Rangers, but I find this rather strange liason quite pathetic.

From the banner in the away fans on Saturday it looks like the Glasgow Rangers/Chelsea love in continues. How sad.

I've got nothing against either club, in fact I've always had a soft spot for Rangers, but I find this rather strange liason quite pathetic.

I also saw about a dozen Locomotiv Plovdiv knackas on Strawberry Place following Chelsea.

Selected quotes from that Chelsea forum when Mata scored:

God I hope Newcastle get relegated, and that this is a defining moment that helps put them down again.

Didn't realise Newcastle's players were such a pack of twats until today, really hope we win after the antics of jonas, cisse and coloccini so far.

:okay: