Match fixing scandal?

themanupstairs

Most likely the last game of a group stage after qualification had already been sorted out.

Aye most likely, it probably won't be as bad as being made out. Still bad mind but the media has a thing about creating drama.

Its still match fixing!

It would be nice from an "Italian football fan" perspective to see another country go through this :lol:

You do relise it's going to involve Italians and probably caused by them in anyway case.

What is it with your culture with bribes etc?

It would be nice from an "Italian football fan" perspective to see another country go through this :lol:

You do relise it's going to involve Italians and probably caused by them in anyway case.

Firstly, im a fan of Italian football, not actually Italian...born and raised in Northumberland :)

Secondly, id be surprised if it does involve Italian clubs as pretty much every game has been investigated over that time period in the Calcioscommesse scandal, something would have probably come out by now. Im sure Juve are clean this time...

Thirdly, its like saying what is it with English culture and violence, or Eastern European culture and racism...Its a problem that needs to be overcome but no Country in football is without sin like. Italy just seems to have a niche with this particular area. Look at Berlusconi to get an idea of the direction of football/politics...

If the biggest bribe paid out was £122 000, I think it's safe to assume that no player in any of the English teams were in on it, as it would be beyond daft as fuck to risk anything like this for a weeks wages.

Guest jeremybeadle

This could be something as simple as which team wins the first throw in, with the player involved booting it out from kick off.

If the biggest bribe paid out was £122 000, I think it's safe to assume that no player in any of the English teams were in on it, as it would be beyond daft as f*** to risk anything like this for a weeks wages.

I wouldn't be so sure, a bribe would lead to a bribe would lead to another bribe etc etc, nice little earner (and loads aren't on £122K/week, even those that are £122K tax free in a holdall would be nice)

Firstly, im a fan of Italian football, not actually Italian...born and raised in Northumberland :)

Secondly, id be surprised if it does involve Italian clubs as pretty much every game has been investigated over that time period in the Calcioscommesse scandal, something would have probably come out by now. Im sure Juve are clean this time...

Thirdly, its like saying what is it with English culture and violence, or Eastern European culture and racism...Its a problem that needs to be overcome but no Country in football is without sin like. Italy just seems to have a niche with this particular area. Look at Berlusconi to get an idea of the direction of football/politics...

Well put :clap:

Except Italy also has a niche with the violence and racism. I've been to hundreds of games and the only time I've seen serious violence and been scared was in Milan. Nothing happened in England in my lifetime like I saw even on that one night in Milan, which didn't even seem to be considered a remarkable incident.

(I'm not talking about Newcastle - Inter btw, Scotland playing Italy at the San Siro).

Worth mentioning there is a big doping trial in Spain of a former Barcelona employee.

Hopefully that one will blow up first butunlikely as the defendant says he won't talk about certain sports because of death threats.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Liverpool v Debrecen in 2009 according to some Danish newspaper. Debrecen goalie was meant to concede more than 2 goals; Liverpool only scored 1  :lol:

Source: http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/udenlandsk_fodbold/championsleague/article1914236.ece

Sky Sports News sort of running with it too, but they're saying that no official contact has been made over the allegations.