Tottenham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

It was a good performance. We're not far away from them. Their match winner won the match for them, like ours did earlier this season. I'm not really fussed. Our league season is pretty much over. It's just about getting enough points to make sure we survive and I reckon we'll achieve that soon.

Why are people complaining about bringing Shola on? This is exactly why he's in the squad nowadays, to bring him on in the last 15-20 minutes when we're chasing a game to give us another option up front, and to hold the ball up. Not start him, or bring him on when we're winning, that's when we need pace. I'm perfectly happy with Shola coming on to try and salvage something from a game like this.. ???

:thup:

Haven't seen the ball in their half stats this second half but I bet it's ridiculously low. Adding a lump like Shola is going to at least give us someone strong in there.

ffs guys, Shola is utterly useless. He might be big but he doesn't use it remotely well. He's been garbage for f***ing years.

Nonsense, he was very useful last year coming on at these stages of the game. Been used too much this season which seems to have undone any good he has done recently which isn't his fault.

He's never been useful when we're chasing a game.

Well he came closer than Cisse today despite playing a lot less of the game.

It'd be nice for Cisse to have some service.

Service like Colo gave him in the first half, or do we need other players to put it on the goal line for him to stroke it in?

Ah well. They're a good side, and that result's pretty harsh on us. We never got going again after half time, and the Gouffran injury really did harm us.

It was like the belief got sucked from us.  Really hope it's not that bad, as he gives us something we're missing.

We were okay, they were better. Two sloppy goals and an injury to arguably our best player on the day has cost us.

It was always going to be a tough game and hopefully the result won't cause too much damage. Time to move on; four extremely winnable games coming up.

Thought you played decently but Spurs had the best player on the pitch by a mile to make the difference, and ultimately deserved the win.

Nature of the goals will be bitterly disappointing I'm sure though.

To be fair as much as we hate the Bale wankfest he's been worthy of it today. The only major difference between the two teams.

Worthy?

1st goal was a result of a pointless freekick and Perch not jumping

2nd goal was a poor goal to concede.

Hardly worthy.

Bale needs to f*** off and be a bit part player at some bigger club. Either that or get a serious knee injury. Preferably the latter. Vile individual.

eh how is he vile, its not his fault the media are having a wankfest over him.. and yes he is good aswel.