Tottenham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

Again though i'd like to see how Ben Arfa does under a manager like AVB who gives him a free role.

The two situations are not even comparable, Bale wouldn't look half as good as he does for Spurs for us.

If you wish to compare the players then you have to compare the situation and surroundings too.

Again though i'd like to see how Ben Arfa does under a manager like AVB who gives him a free role.

The two situations are not even comparable, Bale wouldn't look half as good as he does for Spurs for us.

If you wish to compare the players then you have to compare the situation and surroundings too.

Because Pards would play him in central midfield

Ben Arfa for the second half of last season is the best he has ever looked at any point in his career. Bale has been doing this rather consistently for a while now.

Anyway, the game was completely even, imo. Spurs won because of a stupid mistake by Coloccini. That is how football is sometimes. We need to keep fighting and going forward, though, as we are not out of trouble yet.

Anyway, the game was completely even, imo. Spurs won because of a stupid mistake by Coloccini. That is how football is sometimes. We need to keep fighting and going forward, though, as we are not out of trouble yet.

That's how I saw it too, nothing much to conclude other than that.

Been at the cross country at Wrekenton so didn't see this. Somebody shouted we'd equalised on the second lap :lol:..got an extra burst.

Disappointing to lose but hey ho we picked up 6 valuable points before this and we've got two weeks to get ready for Southampton at home hopefully with HBA back in the squad. Whatever people say about Bale he's the difference for them at the moment, outageously dangerous player. Just a shame it sounded like we cocked up in defence and Gouffran's injury affected us.

Not a result to lose sleep over really, lets be honest. Move one.

That's how I saw it too, nothing much to conclude other than that.

Agree. :thup:

On form HBA>Bale

Really??  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

No contest if you ask me and the league table.

Not disagreeing but not sure what the table has to do with it like.

The league table is the thing that you get points on when you win games which Bale has happened to do a lot this season for Spurs. I think we all (well most) agree that Spurs are a one man team and they happen to be well ahead of us at this point.

Surprised at how good Spurs passed it around with such pace. And Bale won the game, ridiculously good. Probably only behind C. Ronaldo when it comes to athleticism in world football.

Tiote should have started. We competed for a good while, but they were the better team. Negative second half.

Ben Arfa for the second half of last season is the best he has ever looked at any point in his career. Bale has been doing this rather consistently for a while now.

Probably because it was the only time in his career where had consistent time and give sufficient freedom, while Bale has been playing consistently and given said freedom for a long time now as well as never being injured but alas....

Agree with what you said on the game though.

Stupid defending lost us this match when we would've drawed but at least not horrendous

Also WTF was up with the ref. How the hell did Lennon ( I think) not get book for that tackle on Gouffran?

Also Pards brought on Shola. Please let this not be an indication that he's going back to his old ways.

Stupid defending lost us this match when we would've drawed but at least not horrendous

Also WTF was up with the ref. How the hell did Lennon ( I think) not get book for that tackle on Gouffran?

Also Pards brought on Shola. Please let this be an indication that he's going back to his old ways.

Basically everything is wrong with this post.

Also Pards brought on Shola. Please let this be an indication that he's going back to his old ways.

That should've said let this not, not let this be.

Also what's wrong with it?

Was that last goal not due to a moment of insanity? Was that tackled not deserving of a yellow? Was bringing on Shola a good idea? Has it ever been?

lol  fizzy water !!!

Why did the game stop while Bale was off ?

This special treatment for the dick is annoying me as much as the worshipping of the git by the media