Tottenham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

Jonas and Gouffran are both playing exceptionally well imo. Jonas is better for being on the right; it's been too long for him to get out there. He might as well have switched as soon as Jose left.

:thup:

What I like most about Jonas is the fact that defensively he's quite smart. He keeps getting at Bale at random times so he can't run at full speed.

We've doubled up on players well. Initially it was all coming down their left-hand side, but we've closed in on them every time and we've completely restricted them to long shots. Holtby had a couple of efforts in fairly dangerous positions, but they've not had a big chance yet.

Not to go back to previous discussion, but I honestly feel that we need Tiote in there for the reason you pointed out. Holtby is getting way to much space behind there, I think Tiote would limit that.

My point wasn't a debate regarding the ability of either player. Tiote is almost definitely a better footballer than Perch (not that his performances this season would sugest so). My point was - you don't sub out a player who has contributed to the best day of the season, for a player who hasn't even been in the country for a month. It would have sent a seriously negative message throughout the rest of the squad. I still stick by that, even though Perch arguably takes responsibility for the goal. How could the manager predict he wouldn't jump whilst in a wall?

Perch should be forced to stand naked in the goal in training while the ball is blasted at him for that pathetic show on the freekick.

At the same time if they all jumped and Bale shot under and scored we'd have all said "why did you f***ing jump?" It was a great free kick none the less. I myself wish he jumped as well - but we battled and answered well in the first half.

I agree with Numbers though. We should put him next to Dwight naked and blast balls at them for a 24 hour period. :lol:

first 3 pages on here...  :cheesy:

We were being slaughtered tbh.

I know but come on... the amount of "fuck offs" has got to be some kind of record!!

:lol:

This thread from last season has to have it beat.

Perch should be forced to stand naked in the goal in training while the ball is blasted at him for that pathetic show on the freekick.

At the same time if they all jumped and Bale shot under and scored we'd have all said "why did you f***ing jump?" It was a great free kick none the less. I myself wish he jumped as well - but we battled and answered well in the first half.

I agree with Numbers though. We should put him next to Dwight naked and blast balls at them for a 24 hour period. :lol:

Aye if you throw Dwight Howard in there I'm 100% on board for pelting that bastard :lol:

first 3 pages on here...  :cheesy:

We were being slaughtered tbh.

I know but come on... the amount of "f*** offs" has got to be some kind of record!!

:lol:

This thread from last season has to have it beat.

Which reminds me of the Newcastle 6-1 Barnsley thread from season in the Championship. Was reading through it yesterday. :lol: The happiness of winning.

Perch was watching the ball, Perch should have jumped as the ball was nowhere near going under him.  :lol:

Jonas and Gouffran are both playing exceptionally well imo. Jonas is better for being on the right; it's been too long for him to get out there. He might as well have switched as soon as Jose left.

What I like most about Jonas is the fact that defensively he's quite smart. He keeps getting at Bale at random times so he can't run at full speed.

We've doubled up on players well. Initially it was all coming down their left-hand side, but we've closed in on them every time and we've completely restricted them to long shots. Holtby had a couple of efforts in fairly dangerous positions, but they've not had a big chance yet.

Not to go back to previous discussion, but I honestly feel that we need Tiote in there for the reason you pointed out. Holtby is getting way to much space behind there, I think Tiote would limit that.

My point wasn't a debate regarding the ability of either player. Tiote is almost definitely a better footballer than Perch (not that his performances this season would sugest so). My point was - you don't sub out a player who has contributed to the best day of the season, for a player who hasn't even been in the country for a month. It would have sent a seriously negative message throughout the rest of the squad. I still stick by that, even though Perch arguably takes responsibility for the goal. How could the manager predict he wouldn't jump whilst in a wall?

It's James Perchinho man, he rarely does the right thing :lol: :thup:

Quick summary? Are we playing well?

Cheers lads!

Were on the backfoot for the opening ten minutes; grew into the game, got the equaliser - and have since been the better team imo. We've contained them with minimal fuss and look promising on the counter.

This shouldn't be as cut and dry as you suggest.