Tottenham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

Coloccini didn't cost us 2 goals ffs.

That first was entirely down to Perch, the free kick shouldn't have been given away but Perch made no attempt at all to get anything on the strike.

Yeah, there's no way that should have gone over the wall, not like Perch to bottle out of something like that. The second is arguable too, Colloccini did poorly, but the chaos was started by Taylor, Colo just failed to clear up his mess for him. He should have been able to do that, but equally he shouldn't have had to in the first place. Taylor's largely played well since returning to the team, but it's only a matter of time before something like that happens and he was obviously shaken by it for a while afterwards, Yanga-Mbiwa needs to be starting the next game.

Given that Bale has twice the talent of any of our players is it not understandable that he's getting these plaudits? Winning games by himself all the time.

Twice the talent of Cabaye, Ben Arfa?

Really?

Nah....

Y

I think so. Cabaye and Hatem are quality but Bale's on a different level.

I agree that he is probably one of the betters in the league, at least from what I saw today. But Ben Arfa on his day is at the same level, I just think Bale is more consistent.

Not seen Hatem impact a game like that before.

Perch wasnt even the worst player for us tbh. Typical desperate attempt at dragging a defeat back to Pardew though, well done as ever.

Perch may not have been the worst player for us but he was at fault for the first goal and everything else from him was totally ineffective, as for Pardew he's an average manager and dropped a couple of bollocks whether you recognise that or not.

We were okay, they were better. Two sloppy goals and an injury to arguably our best player on the day has cost us.

It was always going to be a tough game and hopefully the result won't cause too much damage. Time to move on; four extremely winnable games coming up.

Aston Villa (a)

Chelsea (h)

Spurs (a)

... if you'd offered me six points prior to those games, I'd have snapped your hand off. It's disappointing to lose but I'm happy that we matched them. We look a million miles away from being relegated, anyway.

Was pretty disappointed with Spurs on the whole. For the transfer fees they've shelled out and the vast amount of players they've bought over the last few years; they're the definition of a one-man team - certainly in Defoe's absence. We'd have won today had Bale not been there.

... followed by some honest criticisms of two or three players.

Negative and cynical. :lol:

Guest TurboTrev

Compared to last season, what the hell has gone wrong with Cisse and Jonas and to a certain extent Colo and Krul?  From being really excellent last season, none of them have found that form this season, especially the former pair?

As has been said, the best player on the pitch won the match for them. Can't really complain.

One thing I do hate is delusional Spurs fans piping up again with the most hysterical rubbish spouted by any football fans anywhere. Far far worse than any Liverpool fans I have ever come across.

Here's a couple of texts I received from one of them:

"Holtby was majestic, 10 times the player Arfa is. Lennon and Parker should b heart of england. Bale is god. We fkng buried u take that u t***s.

"And wats with all the hacking of our players. ur fkng disgusting. are u stoke?"

And you associate with these people?

Opponents in Monday night 5-a-side :anguish:

How can you judge the winner as either Taylor or Colos fault Yorkie? Clearly a misunderstanding between both.

I said Taylor got too tight and I said Colo was at fault, too. For both goals, the blame was shared between two players. First: Colo and Perch. Second: Colo and Taylor.

Taylor 8, Colo 5 because he gave away a free kick :lol:

I gave them ratings based on the whole game. I thought Taylor was absolutely imperious throughout; bar one mistake where he got too tight and they capitalised. I thought Colo was shaky all game and had a significant hand in both of their goals.

Fair enough, I don't think Colo looked shaky at all though personally, up until that brain fart moment anyway. Made a few decent forays forward too delivering the best cross of the game in the first half.

Compared to last season, what the hell has gone wrong with Cisse and Jonas and to a certain extent Colo and Krul?  From being really excellent last season, none of them have found that form this season, especially the former pair?

Krul's been class this season, man :lol: especially recently

Colo has generally been good but not as incredible as he used to be, no doubt.

Agree about the others.

As has been said, the best player on the pitch won the match for them. Can't really complain.

One thing I do hate is delusional Spurs fans piping up again with the most hysterical rubbish spouted by any football fans anywhere. Far far worse than any Liverpool fans I have ever come across.

Here's a couple of texts I received from one of them:

"Holtby was majestic, 10 times the player Arfa is. Lennon and Parker should b heart of england. Bale is god. We fkng buried u take that u t***s.

"And wats with all the hacking of our players. ur fkng disgusting. are u stoke?"

And you associate with these people?

Opponents in Monday night 5-a-side :anguish:

Even better. :shifty:

Given that Bale has twice the talent of any of our players is it not understandable that he's getting these plaudits? Winning games by himself all the time.

Really?

Nah....

Y

I agree that he is probably one of the betters in the league, at least from what I saw today. But Ben Arfa on his day is at the same level, I just think Bale is more consistent.

Spurs at home this year.

Really?

Nah....

Y

You must have missed a couple games last season then.

Thought we were a bit unlucky tbh. Bad decision by Colo cost us the game unfortunately. Gouf staying on would have made a big difference too. All in all though, we played better and should have had a point.

C'est la vie.

HBA back for Soton, we'll win that i reckon.

I was impressed today. Had we went one down so early a few weeks ago we'd have been walloped 6 or 7 nil. Instead we showed heart and composure to get back into the game and looked relatively comfortable defensively until Colo and Taylor got mixed up for their second. I thought we coped with Bale quite well but when a player of his quality is in that sort of form when he does get in the game it's inevitably going to be to pop one in the net.

Onwards and upwards.

IMO both Bale and HBA are on very similar levels in terms of talent. It's just that Bale, at the moment, who's progressing at a faster rate. He's clearly the better player at the moment.

HBA simply needs to improve his consistency and he'll be there alongside him, imo.

Really?

Nah....

Y

You must have missed a couple games last season then.

He isnt as consistent as bale, can still turn a game though, probally with even more magic than bale as today he was granted to much space to run into, wheras ben arfa can do domething from a nothing tight position

Coloccini didn't cost us 2 goals ffs.

That first was entirely down to Perch, the free kick shouldn't have been given away but Perch made no attempt at all to get anything on the strike.

Yeah, there's no way that should have gone over the wall, not like Perch to bottle out of something like that. The second is arguable too, Colloccini did poorly, but the chaos was started by Taylor, Colo just failed to clear up his mess for him. He should have been able to do that, but equally he shouldn't have had to in the first place. Taylor's largely played well since returning to the team, but it's only a matter of time before something like that happens and he was obviously shaken by it for a while afterwards, Yanga-Mbiwa needs to be starting the next game.

Yeah, I'd be interested to see how Mbiwa does. Neither Colo nor Taylor trust their pace and can get caught in no man's land. With the second goal, both had the chance to seize control of the situation but they ended up leaving it to one another.