Tottenham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

that defeat leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth with the softness of the the 2 goals we conceded,  still have no idea why Perch didn't jump in the wall for the first goal, such a simple goal to avoid and the 2nd was just a catalogue of errors starting with a limping Perch being caught out and not able to react to the ball over his head, Taylor then missing the challenge on Adebayor and then Colo caught on his heels, hesistating and once Bale had nipped in the outcome was inevitable.

Plenty of positives though, hopefully Gouffran isn't seriously hurt, hopefully isn't just badly bruised and no break. 

The big picture though is following a run of villa away chelsea home and spurs away we would have been delighted with 6 points from that little run however that still piles the pressure on the southampton game due to the fixtures this weekend we could be dragged back into the mix again.

IMO both Bale and HBA are on very similar levels in terms of talent. It's just that Bale, at the moment, who's progressing at a faster rate. He's clearly the better player at the moment.

HBA simply needs to improve his consistency and he'll be there alongside him, imo.

Bale's ahead of him simply due to the fact he's playing more than he is and is playing in a team that allows him to maximise his attacking potential to the maximum. Ben Arfa's been done no favours at all by the fact he's been basically a wing-back all season for us.

Ben Arfa's more talented IMO on his day. We just need him on the pitch with these new signings to see that day.

Bale isn't actually the best of dribblers, it's more about his raw pace that allows him to get past people. Whereas Ben Arfa is old school with his dribbling ability and has been blessed with a talent that little in the world posses.

Both of their styles are completely different too, it's probably a bit like a Messi and Ronaldo comparison in terms of how different there games are. Bale is all about his athletic ability and he's able to use that to great effect. Ben Arfa despite being a good athlete is not in the same league as Bale when it comes to a combination of pace, power, strength and height. Yet his pure footballing ability more than makes up for this.

Both of there styles are completely different too, it's probably a bit like a Messi and Ronaldo comparison in terms of how different there games are. Bale is all about his athletic ability and he's able to use that to great effect. Ben Arfa despite being a good athlete is not in the same league as Bale when it comes to a combination of pace, power, strength and height. Yet his pure footballing ability more than makes up for this.

^ This. Comparing Bale and HBA is apples and oranges.

Also, how shit is Dempsey? He is a nothing player in Spurs' set-up.

Played out of position until Adebayor came on. But also the only player even remotely capable of playing up top if Adebayor and Defoe are out.

Just played a full match 6 times zones away on Tuesday as well. Not his best game, but not a useless player that some make him out to be. Still walks straight into the starting 11 for all but a few PL sides.

Oh well, played alright just Bale was very good twice. We were far too blunt up top. Cabaye should have seen red and I wonder if his immediate apology may have saved him. Hope Goufran's leg isn't broken.

Not too angry with anything tbh, think we probably should have got something from the game but punished for coming out the blocks slowly.

On form HBA>Bale

Really??  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

No contest if you ask me and the league table.

Cos the league table only counts the contributions of one player  :lol:

Ben Arfa on form is brilliant, rating against is bit silly, Bale can be great too (also shit at times too), i;ll always prefer ben arfa at least for attitude but it's a silly argument

Time to lock the relegationometer. I haven't watched it again yet, but on first viewing it looked like a good game between two clubs on the same level. Neither of us played particularly well but both of us were ok, and I thought the result was fair in the end. We suffered a lot for missing a centre-forward in the first half, you suffered a lot for missing Gouffran in the second. There's not a chance in hell of you getting relegated, and thank Christ our games are out of the way, because (a) you are going to fuck a lot of clubs up - I'm looking at Arsenal and Liverpool here (b) In a couple of weeks I will be able to post in here without being told to fuck off. Probably.

At this rate, next season will be an almighty punch-up at the top.

You need to start playing MYM now, though.

On form HBA>Bale

Scary thing is, plenty on here would probably agree.

So in your eyes, you actually see clear daylight between the two players on top form?

Yes. Love Hatem but Bale's unstoppable on top form. Which he usually is.

Guest Howaythetoon

IMO both Bale and HBA are on very similar levels in terms of talent. It's just that Bale, at the moment, who's progressing at a faster rate. He's clearly the better player at the moment.

HBA simply needs to improve his consistency and he'll be there alongside him, imo.

Bale's ahead of him simply due to the fact he's playing more than he is and is playing in a team that allows him to maximise his attacking potential to the maximum. Ben Arfa's been done no favours at all by the fact he's been basically a wing-back all season for us.

Ben Arfa's more talented IMO on his day. We just need him on the pitch with these new signings to see that day.

Bale isn't actually the best of dribblers, it's more about his raw pace that allows him to get past people. Whereas Ben Arfa is old school with his dribbling ability and has been blessed with a talent that little in the world posses.

Both of their styles are completely different too, it's probably a bit like a Messi and Ronaldo comparison in terms of how different there games are. Bale is all about his athletic ability and he's able to use that to great effect. Ben Arfa despite being a good athlete is not in the same league as Bale when it comes to a combination of pace, power, strength and height. Yet his pure footballing ability more than makes up for this.

Couldn't agree more. Mind, Ben Arfa is streets ahead of any player we have as is Bale, and I include Cabaye in that who although a very good player is nowhere near a top-class player in the way Ben Arfa and Bale are. The thing with Bale is that he is a constant threat and that's why he's so good.

Time to lock the relegationometer. I haven't watched it again yet, but on first viewing it looked like a good game between two clubs on the same level. Neither of us played particularly well but both of us were ok, and I thought the result was fair in the end. We suffered a lot for missing a centre-forward in the first half, you suffered a lot for missing Gouffran in the second. There's not a chance in hell of you getting relegated, and thank Christ our games are out of the way, because (a) you are going to fuck a lot of clubs up - I'm looking at Arsenal and Liverpool here (b) In a couple of weeks I will be able to post in here without being told to fuck off. Probably.

At this rate, next season will be an almighty punch-up at the top.

You need to start playing MYM now, though.

:thup:

Fak u lfy

;)