What should this squad be capable of?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Absolute minimum 8th. CL spots could also happen if we keep our stars. Colo could (or should) leave, replace him rightly and sign a quality striker(/LW).

Make sure Jonas will only be on the bench. Shola never again, loan out the youngsters...cos with this squad they wont get first team here.

Keep the stars, sell/loan the not needed and sign a couple of quality players - cb and striker/ Lw then we could push for 4th imo.

I went Champions League slots out of a rush of blood to the head perhaps, but the side is better than the one that got us 5th now and tbh some of the competition, isn't really up to much, if 4th is a competition between us, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton, no reason why we can't come out above them with some luck, albeit more realistically top 6 should be the aim.

One striker away from the top one. Still voted for it. Our performances last season showed how this league can be taken apart by playing to your strengths and a bit of momentum. It shouldn't take much.

Our squad is almost on par with Spurs', and it's taken them years to build that. More quality and depth than Liverpool no doubt.

With Arsenal's mental fragilties I reckon a push for fourth is within our reach if these players stay. However, lose Coloccini and rely on Taylor and we're in for a different story.

If we signed another striker and/or winger then id say 4-6th is up for grabs, but i feel like bringing forward all these signings means we wont bring anyone in over summer. Challenging for 6th looks like our target i guess. Everton have thrown a spanner into the works like, otherwise it would look alot easier. Spurs have seemingly kicked into gear after Diego Bale hit form, and Liverpool are moving in the right direction (fairly slowly, but still).

I was tempted to say Europa league spot, but we did that last season, and with the new signings, I think we are much stronger than then. and for much of that run in we were in contention for CL places.

I think 7th is par for this squad at the moment. Could fluctuate a couple of positions either way depending on form/fitness, but I think 5th last season really was a remarkable achievement and will be difficult to replicate unless one of the billionaires, David Moyes or Arsene Wenger fucks off.

A couple more seasons of similar-level player acquisitions though and we really could start taking a serious look at that top 4. I think the Pardew question is almost irrelevant as it's been made absolutely clear he's going nowhere. Plus he has proved he can achieve excellent results given the right set of conditions.

We've got quality all over the pitch, but are lacking depth up front to really be in with the best (the top 3). Looking at this 'on paper', with our players' histories, we should be challenging alongside Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and Liverpool for that 4th spot. I'd say we're arguably stronger player-for-player than the latter 2 overall, both in terms of first team and squad, but they have superior managers who know how to get more out of their players.

This is a great time for us to capitalise, the league is weak. As has been said, if we can add another half decent striker and winger in the summer, as well as getting a replacement for Colo, then I'd say this squad has the potential to go very far indeed, there's a great mix of talents in there.

I'm assuming we will still of had the Euro games to play, in that case, I'd say comfortable top half. Mebs euro places if we didn;t have quite as much back luck as we've had this season. (seems to have evened out with alot of the luck we had last season)