Metalist Kharkiv vs Newcastle United - 21/02/13 @ 6pm GMT (Live on ESPN)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can totally see us limping out now we've decided to go for it.

Have we decided to go for it? Santon and HBA sitting at home.

Nope we're going to roll over and ask for our belly to be tickled.

I hate how 'careful' Pardew is with easing players back in, but even I think it would have been daft to bring Hatem there. Santon might have picked up a niggle, or he just needs a rest considering he's played a hell of a lot of football this season. We're full strength apart from that, and our first XI will probably be as good as it realistically could have been.

Possibly in need of a rest & just back from injury.. but perhaps I could've worded it as "now we've talked about going for it".

Krul

Yanga-Mbiwa Taylor Coloccini Haidara

Cabaye Anita

Marveaux      Sissoko      Jonas

Cissé

is what I'd go with.

Really want to win this. Be a great boost for everyone. Plus, how depressing would it be should we do the typical Newcastle thing of fielding a weaker team, getting beat, and then also getting beat at Southampton? :lol: Just go out to win every game.

No Gouffran? Strange, thought he'd be ok by now.

It's Debuchy I'm worried about, that's two games in a row he's now been dropped. Looks like he's been hauled out of the first team squad, worrying.

Yeah if Debuchy isn't back for southampton Cabaye might leave in the summer.

I hate how 'careful' Pardew is with easing players back in, but even I think it would have been daft to bring Hatem there. Santon might have picked up a niggle, or he just needs a rest considering he's played a hell of a lot of football this season. We're full strength apart from that, and our first XI will probably be as good as it realistically could have been.

Would rather HBA come off the bench today and skip the weekend personally. Same with Santon.

Maybe over thinking things but I'd prefer he made his return at home than away to Ukrain in the freezing cold.

If I had to choose 1 game to win though it would definitely be the Metalist game, we've definitely got enough about us to stay up.

I dunno. I'm almost certain we won't go down but a defeat at home to Southampton would put us right back in the doldrums. It's an enormous game.

Got to say I'm really surprised at the squad Pardew's named. Not unhappy about it by any means, like. Southampton's the bigger game but I'd still like to see a side that's close to full strength against Metalist.

Maybe over thinking things but I'd prefer he made his return at home than away to Ukrain in the freezing cold.

If I had to choose 1 game to win though it would definitely be the Metalist game, we've definitely got enough about us to stay up.

Southampton's the bigger game but I'd still like to see a side that's close to full strength against Metalist.

Not for me.

yes good point, i recall hearing some ex footballer saying hamstring damage is more common on cold days ??