Most underrated/overrated player in the PL

Guest nufc_89

I reckon Milner is the most overrated within the context of the pundit/media obsession with him every time he plays. Can't deny he's turned into a solid player since adopting the Sun Ji Park role, but sometimes it feels like the commentators/pundits have had printed instructions from Downing Street to praise Milner every time he does the most basic of things competently, just to keep the country ticking. Oh look, it's James Milner, he's honest, he works so hard, he does the job noone else would, what a GREAT ball by James Milner there (anyone else on the pitch plays the same ball and they'll only get their name singled out for praise if they've agreed to give a post-match blowjob to the commentators). Bit of trivia but do you know you that an army of James Milners would have won the first and second World Wars within a day? Six James Milners would be enough to take on the most experienced Navy Seal unit, seven and it'd be too much for the best SAS squadron.

The king of overrated players in the Premiership has to be Samir Nasri. Such an average player who does nothing but prance around the pitch with his straightened-back-style running and poncey face. Aside from that shit goal he scored in Euro 2012, he's done sod all since signing for Man City, and should have been moved on by now were it not for his "safety first" style of play being preferred by talentless, conservative managers like Mancini.

Underrated:

- Sylvain Distin (frequently puts in quality performances when I've watch Everton, and the mistakes are few/far between)

- Adel Taraabt (does alot for QPR, often on his own, and like Anelka half a decade ago, the bad boy reputation is exaggerated and overshadows his performances on the pitch in a miserable QPR side)

- Wes Hoolahan (always suprised by his decent touch/ability/creativity)

- Shane Long (looks retarded when he runs, but is very effective at using his pace well)

I reckon Milner is the most overrated within the context of the pundit/media obsession with him every time he plays. Can't deny he's turned into a solid player since adopting the Sun Ji Park role, but sometimes it feels like the commentators/pundits have had printed instructions from Downing Street to praise Milner every time he does the most basic of things competently, just to keep the country ticking. Oh look, it's James Milner, he's honest, he works so hard, he does the job noone else would, what a GREAT ball by James Milner there (anyone else on the pitch plays the same ball and they'll only get their name singled out for praise if they've agreed to give a post-match blowjob to the commentators). Bit of trivia but do you know you that an army of James Milners would have won the first and second World Wars within a day? Six James Milners would be enough to take on the most experienced Navy Seal unit, seven and it'd be too much for the best SAS squadron.

The king of overrated players in the Premiership has to be Samir Nasri. Such an average player who does nothing but prance around the pitch with his straightened-back-style running and poncey face. Aside from that s*** goal he scored in Euro 2012, he's done sod all since signing for Man City, and should have been moved on by now were it not for his "safety first" style of play being preferred by talentless, conservative managers like Mancini.

Underrated:

- Sylvain Distin (frequently puts in quality performances when I've watch Everton, and the mistakes are few/far between)

- Adel Taraabt (does alot for QPR, often on his own, and like Anelka half a decade ago, the bad boy reputation is exaggerated and overshadows his performances on the pitch in a miserable QPR side)

- Wes Hoolahan (always suprised by his decent touch/ability/creativity)

- Shane Long (looks retarded when he runs, but is very effective at using his pace well)

Pretty much what I would say. Not sure about Taarabt in that eveyrone says he's really good but has bad rep which I'm not that sure is exaggerated, albeit think he's probably mismanaged a lot

Nasri so much. He's really a shit Ben Arfa with a much much worse attitude. Hasn't impressed me for aaaages. Think he'd be alright in a pretty advanced narrow role but thinks he's fabergas and drops deep into playmaker role but he's not creative at all. Head is in the wrong space, greedy and not a hard worker. Mancini has interview in guardian atm where he pretty much says the same mind.

Guest Miguel Piñero

Think Sergio Ramos is overrated; makes basic mistakes and always rash.

Conversely Pepe is underrated, lunatic but brilliant defender, at least as good as Kompany I reckon.

Think Sergio Ramos is overrated; makes basic mistakes and always rash.

Conversely Pepe is underrated, lunatic but brilliant defender, at least as good as Kompany I reckon.

Hmmm not sure on Ramos always presume there's stuff to him I don't watch enough of. May be fair enough though, could well be, RM's defence has been awful this season. Pepe always looks a liability...

Gerrard's overrated now, there's little doubt that he's been a great Premier League player but he's just not that good any more. The media love to lick his arse like he's still the same and he's not.

Plus he's a cheat and a boring b******.

Most assists in the PL this season (9) and 7 league goals- that's not too bad for someone who's "not that good anymore". This whilst playing in a team that's hardly tearing up any trees, and when he is in transition himself trying to learn to play a more withdrawn midfield role. His passing is still sensational, and is capable of his trade mark shots (see Man City). Agree he is loved by the media, but no more than Giggs, Lampard etc. Surely it's fair that he's earned respect among journalists given his achievements?

Guest Miguel Piñero

There was an annoying period with Gerrard where he was being called the best midfielder in the world even though Rafa rarely ever used him in centre mid and he had his peak form more or less playing as a striker with Torres.

I know i'll be shot down for being a retard but i've always thought Frank Lampard was hugely over-rated. He's class when surrounded by class and playing against weaker sides. But when Chelsea / England are struggling he's nowhere to be seen.

Lampard was absolutely great and I really can't see why anyone would say he was overrated. That 2009-10 season was unreal man. 27 goals and 20 assists from a midfielder. 22 of them in the league as well. He was world class, no denying it.

Chelsea have struggled this season and they're struggling now but he's still there scoring loads of goals.

Lampard was absolutely great and I really can't see why anyone would say he was overrated. That 2009-10 season was unreal man. 27 goals and 20 assists from a midfielder. 22 of them in the league as well. He was world class, no denying it.

Chelsea have struggled this season and they're struggling now but he's still there scoring loads of goals.

:thup:

Underrated if anything. He's been a sensational player.

Playing for us he'd be Obertan.

Gerrard's overrated now, there's little doubt that he's been a great Premier League player but he's just not that good any more. The media love to lick his arse like he's still the same and he's not.

Plus he's a cheat and a boring b******.

Most assists in the PL this season (9) and 7 league goals- that's not too bad for someone who's "not that good anymore". This whilst playing in a team that's hardly tearing up any trees, and when he is in transition himself trying to learn to play a more withdrawn midfield role. His passing is still sensational, and is capable of his trade mark shots (see Man City). Agree he is loved by the media, but no more than Giggs, Lampard etc. Surely it's fair that he's earned respect among journalists given his achievements?

I meant he's just not as good as he was, obviously he's still an above-average player. But no, there's a big difference between respect and blatantly ignoring the fact that he's on the way down and pretending he's still world class etc.

Plus he's frequently been disgraceful for England which is conveniently ignored when they're desperate to pull off 'Captain Fantastic'.

I think the problem these days seems to be that he's almost a darren bent of a player, contributes nothing but goals. My problem with him playing for england is that if he keeps declining by world cup shouldn't be in squad, so why involve him now?

Irritating that one of England's generational quota of top class talent was filled by an idiot like Gerrard blasting hollywood passes at a billion miles an hour all the time and playing with no tactical discipline.

Top class club performer for a few years under Benitez who used him right. Overrated would be a very fair analysis though considering how highly some seem to rate him.

I think the problem these days seems to be that he's almost a darren bent of a player, contributes nothing but goals.

That isn't true at all like, sorry. He does a lot of unnoticed tracking and defensive work as well as showing for the ball.

I LOVE FRANK LAMPARD OMG GIVE ME FRANK LAMPARD TO MY HOUSE.

Irritating that one of England's generational quota of top class talent was filled by an idiot like Gerrard blasting hollywood passes at a billion miles an hour all the time and playing with no tactical discipline.

Top class club performer for a few years under Benitez who used him right. Overrated would be a very fair analysis though considering how highly some seem to rate him.

Any player who scores some for Liverpool would always be made into a magical genius wizard by the media. Even if a racist violent thug who dived and handballed deliberately all the time scored quite a few for them they'd still be made out to be the best thing in teh world ever

oh wait.

I know i'll be shot down for being a retard but i've always thought Frank Lampard was hugely over-rated. He's class when surrounded by class and playing against weaker sides. But when Chelsea / England are struggling he's nowhere to be seen.

Like recently when they've been playing poorly and he's still scoring and getting them points? If he was a poacher relying on the work of players around him I could almost understand this argument but he's created more chances in the PL than any other player. He's made Chelsea what they are.

I think the problem these days seems to be that he's almost a darren bent of a player, contributes nothing but goals.

That isn't true at all like, sorry. He does a lot of unnoticed tracking and defensive work as well as showing for the ball.

I LOVE FRANK LAMPARD OMG GIVE ME FRANK LAMPARD TO MY HOUSE.

Fair enough I suppose, I think all the hype biases me against him a bit. His record is very impressive mind.