Steve Carney

samag

really cant recall it at all, is that all he scored 2?  always liked him as a player- had an horendous injury right in front of me in the paddock.

Yeah. Just the 2.

I loved him too. Was a great player for us. :thup

Thankfully, I don't remember the injury. Sounds bad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Heard through Blyth Spartans' forum that Steve died this morning. RIP.

Awful news.RIP.

Reading about Steve who is a Wallsend lad and played for Blyth makes me remember another Wallsend lad who is the same age as me who played for Blyth Anth Lowther who passed away in 2010. Thinking of you as well Anth.

Very sorry to hear this. Cancer is such a fucking shit disease to this world. :(

R.I.P Found out on monday that Steve had died,he was a friend of mine years ago from about 16 onwards and a lovely lad and had great times hanging out with him and his family but lost touch after he joined the Toon sadly,side note my mother in law died of the same cancer last year and its a quick and aggressive cancer pretty much untreatable once diagnosed  :sad:

Guest Brazilianbob

I remember Steve from when he played Sunday league football for the Queen Vic in Gosforth.  I used to watch the home matches at Coxlodge Welfare Park just off Jubilee Road.  I used to wince every time he tackled a forward.  To say he was uncompromising is putting it mildly.

I remember Steve from when he played Sunday league football for the Queen Vic in Gosforth.  I used to watch the home matches at Coxlodge Welfare Park just off Jubilee Road.  I used to wince every time he tackled a forward.  To say he was uncompromising is putting it mildly.

I was probably there watching Bob ,small world and back to the Vic afterwards for a few aged 17

• 2 months later...

steve carneys obituary is in todays independent if anyone's interested. seems a bit late like. shares the same page as athlete todd bennett for those that remember athletics from the 80's.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/steve-carney-obituary-newcastle-united-stalwart-of-the-1980s-8734581.html

yeah got that off newsnow,nice touch by the Independent and less than 3 months after his death  :rose: