Swansea City vs NUFC - 02/03/2013 @ 3pm (not on TV)

Fatwax

Guest AFCNewcastle1892

They'll all still be pissed from the thought of European football and visiting deepest darkest Russia.

1-3. Ben Arfa to score a screamer.

Best time to play this lot.

I think the best time was when Liverpool played them and they basically threw the game.. I think we will draw, which I'd perfectly fine with. Swansea are a tricky team. If HBA is healthy then perhaps we can snag a win.

Was our win vs them away last season? I can't remember..

I think the best time was when Liverpool played them and they basically threw the game.. I think we will draw, which I'd perfectly fine with. Swansea are a tricky team. If HBA is healthy then perhaps we can snag a win.

Fair point. :lol:

Aye it was 2-0 away, 0-0 at home although i still don't really know how we didn't win that game.

Aye it was 2-0 away, 0-0 at home although i still don't really know how we didn't win that game.

:thup:

Could go either way - they will either be sloppy after the euphoria of the Cup win(what are those, by the way..?) or eager to put on a show for their fans...remember us playing Leicester in the last game of the promotion season at SJP when we won 7-1..?

If its the latter, it will tell us much about Laudrup as a manager...not that we didn't already have an idea..

We have quality players, but we aren't a team - they are and they have a system that works.

Difficult to predict....

I know they were playing rubbish opposition, but they were phenomenal at times today. It'll be a really hard game, but a fantastic test for the new team. I think we can get a result.

Last season's performance down there was the definition of efficient - one of the most complete away performances I can remember in recent years. We just let Rodgers' team pass it around going absolutely nowhere, then ruthlessly picked them off. I've got an enormous soft spot for Cisse's chip - one of my favourite goals ever.

A draw would be fine... but a win would be terrific and would really confirm that a corner has been turned. I'd start to think there'd be a fair chance of us finishing in the top half if we managed to pick up 3 points at Swansea.

On the fence as to whether this is a good time to play them or not!

Either way, should make for an open game of football.  Can see both sides scoring goals in this one.

Has to be said, they play really nice football at times, better than Rodgers time there as well...

Hi guys, be interesting to see how we play against you, still coming down or still up there.

Chico is still out, so a big question would be will Ki still be a central defender for us or will he play one of the reserve Centre Halves, Monk or Bartley, both played against Liverpool and Laudrup was so unhappy with their performance that Ki played in the final.

We're hoping he'll play the 3 wingers again, we've won every game he's started all 3.

It could be argued that this is the wrong time to play you, it would have been nice before you French infusion in January, that Sissoko looks a good player.

Hi guys, be interesting to see how we play against you, still coming down or still up there.

Chico is still out, so a big question would be will Ki still be a central defender for us or will he play one of the reserve Centre Halves, Monk or Bartley, both played against Liverpool and Laudrup was so unhappy with their performance that Ki played in the final.

We're hoping he'll play the 3 wingers again, we've won every game he's started all 3.

It could be argued that this is the wrong time to play you, it would have been nice before you French infusion in January, that Sissoko looks a good player.

I wouldn't even bother turning up. We've got a Sissokho :)

In all seriousness expect it to be a very tough game for us. I think we are capable of getting a draw in this one

I wouldn't even bother turning up. We've got a Sissokho :)

Wut