Newcastle United 2 - 1 Stoke City - 10/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 31

Beren

Guest palnese

Was the Sissoko thing a penalty btw? Thought it was clear as day but I was watching a poor telly.

Outside the area

I mean the one that went out for their goalkick. The commentators didn't even mention it but it looked like Sissoko lifted it over Begovic and got taken out. Was just waiting for the ref to point to the spot

He got his shot away, and was then hacked down. A bit like the Colo/Ba situation.

Spent most of the second half calling for Marveux to come on. Just wish he'd have come on earlier as we'd run out of ideas on about the 15-minute mark. Cabaye played some inventive balls, but all too often he (and his team-mates) would play straight into Stoke's hands. Well, Begovic's hands, at least. Are our players really that stupid? Anyway, some positives: Taylor, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gouffran, brilliant FK. Negatives: Tiote (idiotic), Santon (still can't defend), corners (shite), and Jonas is still getting a game.

Was the Sissoko thing a penalty btw? Thought it was clear as day but I was watching a poor telly.

Outside the area

I mean the one that went out for their goalkick. The commentators didn't even mention it but it looked like Sissoko lifted it over Begovic and got taken out. Was just waiting for the ref to point to the spot

Looked like a dive, tbh.

Outside the area

Looked like a dive, tbh.

Think it was.

Guest bimpy474

Would have been a very harsh penalty had it been given.

Yet if you passed a ball anywhere else on the pitch and get taken late it's a foul........penalty box and shots eh....:lol:

I want to believe we were only that abject because that's why Stoke turn football games into into. We looked very short on ideas and intelligent movement, Cisse was awful today. Glad he scored but his overall game was absolute plonk, and he behaved like a petulant gimp. Win's a win and half the side played in Russia, so that's something; but we have the players to kill a side like them. How Marveaux doesn't get in the side is beyond me. I'm also really bored of Tiote's rashness.

Stoke boss Tony Pulis believes his side should have been awarded a penalty for Davide Santon's first-half challenge on Ryan Shotton - though the incident happened outside the area.

:lol:

Thoroughly frustrating performance. When we get given a corner we might aswell tell the ref to give a goal kick. Floating it in didn't work the first time or the 15th.

Sissoko was irritatingly inconsistent and has been taking final ball lessons from Tiote. Hopefully an off day, lots of work to do to improve further. We didn't even put Cisse in the game until the end again he was more interested in getting involved when he shouldn't and lunging late into tackles.

Poor game for Santon and Haidara did well when he came on.

Thoroughly frustrating performance. When we get given a corner we might aswell tell the ref to give a goal kick. Floating it in didn't work the first time or the 15th.

Sissoko was irritatingly inconsistent and has been taking final ball lessons from Tiote. Hopefully an off day, lots of work to do to improve further. We didn't even put Cisse in the game until the end again he was more interested in getting involved when he shouldn't and lunging late into tackles.

Cabaye whipped a corner in with some pace in the first half and every fucker just stood there. I think they were in shock. Shame as it was begging to be attacked.

I think Sissoko suffered from a lack of space in the middle. Still mighty impressive the amount of times he'd just run into a pile of Stoke bodies and emerge with the ball, but his passing was wayward.

Cabaye whipped a corner in with some pace in the first half and every f***er just stood there. I think they were in shock. Shame as it was begging to be attacked.

I think Sissoko suffered from a lack of space in the middle. Still mighty impressive the amount of times he'd just run into a pile of Stoke bodies and emerge with the ball, but his passing was wayward.

The main source of frustration with Sissoko was the amount of awesomeness he displayed only to be let down by his final ball. Hardly anything major to complain about he showed true class throughout the game, just didn't work for him today.

Bigger worries with our corners and inability of our coaching Staff to realist floating balls into the stoke box was never going to trouble them. Should have known that before the game let alone after 90 mins of doing it. We defaulted to play it safe hit and hope. I can see logic in not wanting to over commit and play it through on the ground but we were at home. We should be mixing it up rather than one or the other.

We play far too negatively and safe for my liking. Hopefully with a finally fit Ben Arfa we could change.

Cisse should have been sent off according to pulis, still haven't seen the game, does he have a case ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21646451

Of course he hasn't. Pulis is such a wanker, football needs to get rid of him.

EDIT: Saying that, I don't like angry Cissé, and he shouldn't be acting like a petulant child. The happy smiley Cissé is much better :aww: