First ever Toon match you attended?

Dinho lad

Still waiting for the first... :okay:

I only joined the party a few years ago, so bear with me.

This isn't a dig, but may I ask why you support us? Just curious tbh!

I could never bring myself to be a glory hunter. I have buddies who are "diehard" ManU and Chelsea fans. They've suffered so much angst, the cunts (they also know fuck-all about the game). I have an odd habit of supporting storied, bad-luck teams with working-class fanbases too. Watching NUFC fight back through the relegation season really sold me on the club.

And I liked the kits, probably the most typically American reason for supporting a team. :lol:

I could never bring myself to be a glory hunter. I have buddies who are "diehard" ManU and Chelsea fans. They've suffered so much angst, the cunts (they also know fuck-all about the game). I have an odd habit of supporting storied, bad-luck teams with working-class fanbases too. Watching NUFC fight back through the relegation season really sold me on the club.

And I liked the kits, probably the most typically American reason for supporting a team. :lol:

:lol: nah I like that reasoning, good on you for not just jumping at the glory hunters.

For me, it was purely down to Alan Shearer, he was my idol when I was a little boy. Dad thought he could convert me to Millwall though, wasn't having any of that :lol:

:lol: nah I like that reasoning, good on you for not just jumping at the glory hunters.

For me, it was purely down to Alan Shearer, he was my idol when I was a little boy. Dad thought he could convert me to Millwall though, wasn't having any of that :lol:

When Newcastle are down, I always tell myself, "Well Deuce, at least you're not a Millwall fan." :lol:

Started supporting when I was 8 in 1996 after I got an alarm-clock with the club logo on. My grandparents gave it to me just as I was getting into football for real.

Didn't get around to go to Newcastle until 2008 when I saw Liverpool rip us apart and win 1-5. Was sat in the Milburn stand and didn't see anything else than Given appearing to fly for almost the entire first half, conceding three but still pushing Gerrard for the best player on the pitch. David Edgar scored from a corner towards the end of the first half but Liverpool still ran riot in the 2nd. Joe Kinnear introduced Kazenga Lua-Lua and Geremi struck the bar with a free-kick.

Me and my mate got hilariously drunk in the Strawberry afterwards and fell asleep at 4pm in our hotel.

When Newcastle are down, I always tell myself, "Well Deuce, at least you're not a Millwall fan." :lol:

:lol: See you say that but I've seen Millwall more times at Wembley than I have Newcastle :lol: :anguish:

2-0 at home to Watford in the championship season. Lovenkrands then Pancrate in off the bar I'm sure it was. Best present my girlfriend has ever bought me. Was about 20 rows back on the bend in level 7.

Guest Vinkent

Supported them since I was little but was quite late getting to my first match - must have been 13 or something. 2004 Uefa Cup 1/4 Final against PSV. Got in late just after kick off and remember rushing to my seat. Few minutes later Shearer buried one and the place went mental and that was it, hooked for life...  :smitten:

Newcastle 0-0 Bolton Sep 20th 2003

Was my confirmation present from my dad to go see us play. Well my dad is a Man Utd fan :jesuswept: and we went to see ManU-Arsenal (0-0 also) as well so I think he enjoyed the present almost as much as I did.

Since then I've seen us play Levadia Tallinn away (SIBIERSKIII) in 2006 and Swansea home in last November.

Back next season I hope :thup:

Newcastle 0-0 Bolton Sep 20th 2003

Was my confirmation present from my dad to go see us play. Well my dad is a Man Utd fan :jesuswept: and we went to see ManU-Arsenal (0-0 also) as well so I think he enjoyed the present almost as much as I did.

Since then I've seen us play Levadia Tallinn away (SIBIERSKIII) in 2006 and Swansea home in last November.

Back next season I hope :thup:

Suppose I can't complain at travelling from Ipswich for such a drab first match then. :lol:

January 22nd 1992 v Bournemouth in the FA cup 3rd replay, 2-2 after extra time and we lost 4-3 on penalties. All I remember is it was foggy, b****** freezing and there were lots of 'sack the board' chants.

But something happened to me on that cold Wednesday night, even though we went out of the cup to a lower division team I fell in proper love with this club. I like to think I had a little something to do with the club turning things around soon after  :snod:

was saggy chops thier manager then?

Sure he was. They had Efan Ekoku up front.

My first season going to the match. Ten years old, first game was Leicester City, 2-0 win, Lee Clark scored.  Jimmy Nail was in the programme, so I was well impressed.  Within 4 months I was hunched over, sobbing so hard I couldn't breathe, after listening to us lose on pens against fucking Bournemouth.  I was pathologically obsessed from day one.  What an absolutely mental season that was.

I used to wear a green shell suit to the match.  As in, it was my chosen, lucky match day tracksuit.  From 91-95.  I'm sorry for everything.

Trying hard to remember the opponent. Think it was Sheff Wed or Derby at home in about 97 / 98 (maybe earlier). We won 3-1 after conceding after about a minute or two. Might have to check the history books as I genuinely have forgotten who it was.  :)

Despite the scattered memories of who we were playing, wont forget how I was mesmerised looking around the stadium. Just stood there in awe for minutes.