First ever Toon match you attended?

Dinho lad

August 1967. Newcastle 3–0 Southampton. I stood in the Gallowgate and wondered who the folk were sitting high up in the rickety old main stand. The Leazes End with its big, corrugated iron roof, was where all the noise came from. The rest of the terraces were open to the sky. Some trees grew higher than the Popular Side, and there were kids perched up the branches, catching a free watch. Gordon Marshall saved a Southampton penalty at the Leazes End, which is pretty much all I can remember about the game.

somebody mentioned coldest game the other day- absolutely no doubt in my mind John Andersons testimonial- thought i was going to die.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind.

Circa 1985/6 at home to Man U - losing 1-0 with about 5 minutes left I begged my brother to take me home ...thought I was going to die.

Half way down the Gallowate steps and you can guess what happened - Beardsley IIRC - never left a game early since!

Notts County at home in the League Cup in 1993. Andy Cole got a hattrick. Unless you count the Berwick v Newcastle friendly of 1993 too where I was mascot for Berwick. Got to go in the Newcastle dressing room before the game and shake every players hand. Keegan introducing me to each player individually was good.

January 22nd 1992 v Bournemouth in the FA cup 3rd replay, 2-2 after extra time and we lost 4-3 on penalties. All I remember is it was foggy, bastard freezing and there were lots of 'sack the board' chants.

But something happened to me on that cold Wednesday night, even though we went out of the cup to a lower division team I fell in proper love with this club. I like to think I had a little something to do with the club turning things around soon after  :snod:

January 22nd 1992 v Bournemouth in the FA cup 3rd replay, 2-2 after extra time and we lost 4-3 on penalties. All I remember is it was foggy, bastard freezing and there were lots of 'sack the board' chants.

But something happened to me on that cold Wednesday night, even though we went out of the cup to a lower division team I fell in proper love with this club. I like to think I had a little something to do with the club turning things around soon after  :snod:

was saggy chops thier manager then?

NUFC 5

Man City 0

I think Chris Waddle scored a hat-trick...

Beardsley.

their keeper had a blinder as well.

Alex Williams!

Remember expecting to lose this one before kick off ...

NUFC 5

Man City 0

I think Chris Waddle scored a hat-trick...

Beardsley.

their keeper had a blinder as well.

Alex Williams!

Remember expecting to lose this one before kick off ...

aye, they came up here looking strong, filled the leazes end, and got murdered, even by 5-0 standards this was an almighty hiding.

Home to Portsmouth, 27th April 2009. I took me a long time to get over for a game, and when I finally made it to St James' the game was a stinker. 0-0 draw with a shite Pompey side, and a horrible atmosphere around the ground, with everyone beginning to believe that relegation was inevitable. Was over for the weekend with my brother for his 30th, so it wasn't a complete waste. :lol:

First SJP game: 27th Aug 1994

Queued for 3hrs in the morning up Barrack Road.

NUFC 5 - 1 Southampton Steve Watson was amazing!

First away game: 3rd December 1994, White Hart Lane

Spurs 4 - 2 NUFC Ruel Fox got a brace and looked canny, think Sheringham bagged a hat trick

First away game win: 22nd August 1995, Burden Park.

Pies 1 - 3 NUFC Ferdinand scored a brace and I got to speak to some of the subs warming up.

was saggy chops thier manager then?

Sure he was. They had Efan Ekoku up front.