Wigan Athletic vs Newcastle United - 17/03/13 @ 4pm (Sky Sports 1)

Nobody

Yeah we need a good showing here nt a shower of shit where we make Wigan look like Barcelona and sky wanks off in the post match review with the usual "they really can play some great stuff"

Get in their faces, get it down and play and cause them some shit with our attacking players.

2011/12 lost 0-4

2010/11 won 1-0

2008/09 lost 1-2

2007/08 lost 0-1

2006/07 lost 0-1

2005/06 lost 0-1 (LC)

2005/06 lost 0-1

Our recent record against these guys is terrible, they must definitely be our bogey team.

10 goals conceded and 2 goals scored, that is appalling.

That League Cup game man :anguish: :anguish:

Also Shearers disallowed goal in a seperate game :anguish:

2011/12 lost 0-4

2010/11 won 1-0

2008/09 lost 1-2

2007/08 lost 0-1

2006/07 lost 0-1

2005/06 lost 0-1 (LC)

2005/06 lost 0-1

Our recent record against these guys is terrible, they must definitely be our bogey team.

That League Cup game man :anguish: :anguish:

Also Shearers disallowed goal in a seperate game :anguish:

That the one that went over the line but wasn't given? Remember copping a load of stick from some loud mouth cunts in the pub watching that much to my non-amusement.

Got an awful feeling I've been to Wigan 3 times, though looking at the list only 2 ring a (horrible) bell.

2-1 loss Boxing Day '08

1-0 loss 15 October '05 drinking port & cherryade on the Back Page bus :blush:

Great news guys!

Magpies boss Pardew said: “Papiss Cisse is in tremendous form. Goals definitely change a striker’s mentality. His effort and work rate for us has been first class all year. But when you get those special goals at those crucial times, it’s got to give you a lift. He is definitely playing against Wigan on Sunday, that’s for sure.

Great news guys!

Magpies boss Pardew said: “Papiss Cisse is in tremendous form. Goals definitely change a striker’s mentality. His effort and work rate for us has been first class all year. But when you get those special goals at those crucial times, it’s got to give you a lift. He is definitely playing right wing against Wigan on Sunday, that’s for sure.

Fixed.

2011/12 lost 0-4

2010/11 won 1-0

2008/09 lost 1-2

2007/08 lost 0-1

2006/07 lost 0-1

2005/06 lost 0-1 (LC)

2005/06 lost 0-1

Went to the first 3 of those. First 0-1 was my first ever away game :anguish: :lol:

A point's a f***ing s*** result against this lot tbh.

No its not, i wouldn't complain about an away point.  It could possibly be a disappointing result but if a draw is a fucking shit result what will a defeat be?

My away record is abysmal like, been to 2 or 3 of them Wigan defeats, Derby when they beat us for their only 3 points of the season and Blackburn 3-1  :sad: Probably a good thing I can't afford it these days!

No its not, i wouldn't complain about an away point.  It could possibly be a disappointing result but if a draw is a fucking shit result what will a defeat be?

A worse one? How is a point an acceptable result against the team with the worst home record in the division?

I hate this cliche that an away point is always a decent result. If you're hoping to stay up by the skin of your teeth, maybe it is. If you're wanting anything at all more than that, you need to be beating shit like Wigan.

One away league win all season is disgraceful IMO.

A worse one? How is a point an acceptable result against the team with the worst home record in the division?

I hate this cliche that an away point is always a decent result. If you're hoping to stay up by the skin of your teeth, maybe it is. If you're wanting anything at all more than that, you need to be beating shit like Wigan.

We currently average less than a point a game away from home ergo a draw would represent above average, see your point though but as a midtable team it's misguided IMO.

I'm bringing lots of plum brandy on Crumpy's bus. God help us all.

:scared:

Where are yous drinking once you arrive in Wigan?

last time I went (06/07) there was only some crappy sports bar and a Harvester-style pub.  Ketsbaia and I will be there.  I think you'll recognise him.  If so, come over and I will break my duck of letting people off the forum know who I am!

last time I went (06/07) there was only some crappy sports bar and a Harvester-style pub.  Ketsbaia and I will be there.  I think you'll recognise him.  If so, come over and I will break my duck of letting people off the forum know who I am!

Red Robin or something is it?

Red Robin or something is it?

rings a bell.  All I remember is they got proper arsey because a few of our lot were "being disruptive" to a few families trying to enjoy a quiet Sunday dinner.