Wigan Athletic vs Newcastle United - 17/03/13 @ 4pm (Sky Sports 1)

Nobody

A point's a f***ing s*** result against this lot tbh.

No its not, i wouldn't complain about an away point.  It could possibly be a disappointing result but if a draw is a fucking shit result what will a defeat be?

A worse one? How is a point an acceptable result against the team with the worst home record in the division?

I hate this cliche that an away point is always a decent result. If you're hoping to stay up by the skin of your teeth, maybe it is. If you're wanting anything at all more than that, you need to be beating shit like Wigan.

We currently average less than a point a game away from home ergo a draw would represent above average, see your point though but as a midtable team it's misguided IMO.

It's not misguided to expect to win more than one away game in a season, even as a "midtable" team. Fucking Wigan themselves have won 4, and they're almost cut adrift at the bottom.

A point's a f***ing s*** result against this lot tbh.

No its not, i wouldn't complain about an away point.  It could possibly be a disappointing result but if a draw is a fucking shit result what will a defeat be?

A worse one? How is a point an acceptable result against the team with the worst home record in the division?

I hate this cliche that an away point is always a decent result. If you're hoping to stay up by the skin of your teeth, maybe it is. If you're wanting anything at all more than that, you need to be beating shit like Wigan.

We currently average less than a point a game away from home ergo a draw would represent above average, see your point though but as a midtable team it's misguided IMO.

It's not misguided to expect to win more than one away game in a season, even as a "midtable" team. Fucking Wigan themselves have won 4, and they're almost cut adrift at the bottom.

Misguided to say a draw away from home is a "fucking shit result". 1 win away from home all season is, of course, unacceptable.

I'm bringing lots of plum brandy on Crumpy's bus. God help us all.

:scared:

Where are yous drinking once you arrive in Wigan?

last time I went (06/07) there was only some crappy sports bar and a Harvester-style pub.  Ketsbaia and I will be there.  I think you'll recognise him.  If so, come over and I will break my duck of letting people off the forum know who I am!

Aye, I've met Ketsbaia (and have him on Facebook) so will come and say hello (provided that I can find you!)

If you can't hope and expect to win this one, which away game can you FFS? :lol:

Again true, but given our predicament a draw is hardly a shit result. Even moreso given that we had a tough game on Thurs.

In isolation, I think calling a point at Wigan a fucking shit result is a bit harsh. They can play on their day. They seem to have more of those days at the business end of the season too.

The only away games which I'd describe like that if we didn't win this season are: Villa, Reading, QPR, West Ham and Norwich.

Sunderland would have made that list if it wasn't their cup final.

There are of course others where we could reasonably be expected to win with the resources at our disposal, but they'd fall in the category of disappointing/annoying.

I can't rid my head of the knowledge that we gave Derby County their only win and 4 of their 11 points that season. It haunts me.

Aye. Not beating Reading this season and giving away a two goal lead to a Wolves side in complete crisis last year goes in the same category.

I can't rid my head of the knowledge that we gave Derby County their only win and 4 of their 11 points that season. It haunts me.

Aye. Not beating Reading this season and giving away a two goal lead to a Wolves side in complete crisis last year goes in the same category.

Seems we're always the 'big name' scalp for the utter dogshit in the league like :yao:

Guest bimpy474

http://imageshack.us/a/img689/1014/capturekxz.png

should've been 6. we robbed them in the game up here. deserved nothing from it.

should've been 6. we robbed them in the game up here. deserved nothing from it.

We had about 20 shots at goal that day, we battered them. :lol:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/2007-2008/newcastle-united-derby-county-195675.html

Almost as freaky as the Fulham 1-4 under Souness where we had probably even more but Crossley had a wonder game.

last time I went (06/07) there was only some crappy sports bar and a Harvester-style pub.  Ketsbaia and I will be there.  I think you'll recognise him.  If so, come over and I will break my duck of letting people off the forum know who I am!

Aye, I've met Ketsbaia (and have him on Facebook) so will come and say hello (provided that I can find you!)

Definitely come over :thup: I keep hearing about this Red Robin place, so hopefully thats where our coach goes.

As embarassing as this sounds, tomorrow's my first away game.

Red Robin or something is it?

rings a bell.  All I remember is they got proper arsey because a few of our lot were "being disruptive" to a few families trying to enjoy a quiet Sunday dinner.

Anyone else in there Boxing day when the "pass it on" incident happened? :lol: