Wigan Athletic 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/03/13 - post-match reaction from p61

Dave

Goes down with the snow in Middlesbrough and Thomas Graveson for the most angry I've ever been in football this like.

God I'm fucking seething.

The Graveson one was a shocker and what made that was that fucking Neale Barry was looking right at him doing Bernard and waving play on. :(

Guest Slippery Sam

Goes down with the snow in Middlesbrough and Thomas Graveson for the most angry I've ever been in football this like.

God I'm f***ing seething.

Me too.  What also riles is that Pardew has been interviewed and had to bite his tongue; Martinez has been interviewed and shown himself to be a disgrace, yet the twat who missed so much has been able to slide away home on the bus (it's that close he may have walked) and does not have to face the camera for his actions.

I'd like to know how many teams can perform without 6 important players and 3 or 4 more squad players.

You consider it an excuse all you want but how would Man U do without Carrick, Rafeal, Vidic/Ferdinand, Evra, Rooney/Van Persie and a few squad players.

Because that is the extent we are talking about and we are not Man U so its hardly surprising we struggled.

Without ignoring the idiotic ref decisions that cost us the game we have a lot of first team players missing at the moment.

This isn't just a couple of players this is close to a whole team, our record since the new signings makes for good reading and quite honestly the games we have lost since them i don't think we deserved to lose. ( Spurs away, Swansea away and Wigan away)

It was a poor performance but it was hardly surprising and lets not act like its been poor since the new signings because it hasn't, we are in the quarter finals of the EL and we are still looking good for a top 10 finish.

I also think some of the squad players on here are overrated from time to time, but that's a discussion for another day.

Absolutely sick to death of this season. Sometimes I wonder why we even bother signing good players because you know that for us they will get badly injured and most likely miss more games for us than they play. That's the biggest hate of mine, the injuries, the bloody injuries. Fuck off injuries.

Fuckin bollocks cock piss cunt wankers.

God I'm fucking seething.

Sporting Lisbon all day long.

AZ Alkmaar. You could see what was going to happen

I'd be content if refereeing was consistent but one dude can scythe a guy down with a career ending challenge and escape without punishment another can put in a fair challenge and get sent off. For better or worse the ref's need help they are failing and it's becoming untenable, there is the technology to fix this.

AZ Alkmaar. You could see what was going to happen

Left with the feeling I had when Hatem was fucked by De Jong. No punishment, us losing unfairly to a pile of shit that I don't have any time for.

Fuck me today has been disheartening.

I'd be content if refereeing was consistent but one dude can scythe a guy down with a career ending challenge and escape without punishment another can put in a fair challenge and get sent off. For better or worse the ref's need help they are failing and it's becoming untenable, there is the technology to fix this.

To extent I think the fact that this respect campaign beng a complete farce has helped make referees powerless and inadequate and thus perpetuate the problem.

Is it wrong to be a tad thankful that it was only our backup left back that received the tackle and not someone a bit more important?

he was pushing santon for first team the past couple of games imo

Guest Phil K

Didn't like Martinez interview, c***

"I haven't seen it" just wait til you do you f***ing arsehole

I seem to remember Martinez being critical of Wenger's "I didn't see it" approach. What a monumental fucking hypocrite. Lost all respect for him.

Pretty much sums up my view. :thup:

It's the inconsistency which really pisses me off. I get it, referees will sometimes make mistakes. But the sheer quantity of them and in particular how similar events are getting dealt with in entirely different ways is utterly ridiculous and not sustainable.

Is it wrong to be a tad thankful that it was only our backup left back that received the tackle and not someone a bit more important?

he was pushing santon for first team the past couple of games imo

Plus with the European games we needed him.

Guest Phil K

Pretty much sums up my view. :thup:

It's the inconsistency which really pisses me off. I get it, referees will sometimes make mistakes. But the sheer quantity of them and in particular how similar events are getting dealt with in entirely different ways is utterly ridiculous and not sustainable.

This comes a week after a Hibs "goal" wasn't allowed despite being a YARD over the line. And this pricks decisions are even worse

Just got back. Well that was an annoyingly shit game. We were shit for large portions of the game but thought we had a decent enough go for it in the second half (especially after our goal) and guess that is a positive in some way. Marveaux looked rather good.

It was a game marred by a horrendous refereeing display from Halsey and his 2 jokers. Every 50-50 went Wigan's way and the fact he took no action on that horror tackle on Haidara is just baffling. Mind you this is the same man who saw Shearer get elbowed in the face and did nothing about it. Shit referee all round really. Didn't see the handball from our end so will need to catch that later on.

Another thing I'd like to know is how did some of our fans sneak flares into the away end? Idiots I say (although not as big as an idiot as a lad in front of me who threw a coin onto the pitch).

Disappointing day all round but the lads on my train back were in good voice, made the train journey less depressing.