Wigan Athletic 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/03/13 - post-match reaction from p61

Dave

My Foxtel failed last night - no signal - so I missed the game.

I have seen both the winning 'goal'...undoubtedly a blatant hand-ball by one of their players in our box - and the unbelievable tackle by Mcmanaman on Haidara.

This tackle is, without doubt, among the top 5 worst tackles I have seen in more than 50 years of watching football - at best, it was horrifically timed and rash - at worst, malicious and downright dangerous.

I have seen it twice and each time it struck me that it defied belief that either the Ref of one of the other officials failed to see it because it was a clearly-visible incident without obstruction.

That Mcmanaman failed even to receive a booking is incredible - one has to assume that there is downright corruption in football officialdom and that this is the reason that FIFA/FA are fighting shy of using an officlal in the stand with TV access, who can inform the ref what has occurred - there can then be NO excuse for not dishing out the correct decision which was undoubtedly a sending-off. The guy went through Haidara into his shin with the leading boot about a foot off the ground and I was sure his leg must have been broken.

That the officials also failed to spot a blatant hand ball in our box which led to their winner only compounded the sense of injustice. Had this happened to a Man U player, Ferguson would have gone ballistic and for once, I would have agreed with him. Pardew's meek acceptance of this incident has strengthened my wish that he be gone ASAP because from reading the match comments, it appears that we once again were second best to a team who perenially struggle to avoid relegation and we have become their 'rabbits' at their ground - a total disgrace for a club like NUFC.

We can only hope Haidara is not seriously injured because he seems to have a load of talent ; that, coupled with the loss of Debuchy, has left us with several top players injured and I hope the rest can pick up enough points over the next month or so.

Sick of them being our bogey team but that was that. Today totally changed my perceptions though and I hope they are relegated and disappear into lower leagues oblivion.

Sick of them being our bogey team but that was that. Today totally changed my perceptions though and I hope they are relegated and disappear into lower leagues oblivion.

If they go down, Brighton & Poyet will come up :lol:

If they go down, Brighton & Poyet will come up :lol:

And Stevenage after that. :lol:

Pretty sure the other PL clubs will love to see the last of Wigan too to get away from the distress that happens every 2nd half of the season. :lol:

Only one person to blame for that disgraceful, cowardly tackle and that is the thug who did it. That said, Halsey is getting away quite lightly with his "Arsene Wenger" approach to the situation. He should have seen it and so should his assistant. No excuses.

Halsey has always ran around the pitch smiling and waving his arms, his trademark is the "play on" call because he cannot make difficult calls. I think many just viewed him as a likeable buffoon sort previously, but yesterday showed what he really is, incompetent and dangerous.

A club could potentially be relegated by the two points Wigan cheated their way to yesterday and that is very bad for the sport of football.

not been in long.  Seen it properly.  Fucking disgraceful from McManaman.  Martinez is a fucking cunt for trying to defend that.

Halsey's also a fucking shite ref.  We were poor but fuck me we were screwed over.

On a lighter note, nice to meet Sifu and Dino :thup:

Nice to meet you too mate, one of the high points of a rubbish day.

EDIT: And Ketsbia too :aww:

Just waiting on any news regarding incidents in this match now, wish they'd hurry up :lol:

How is Haidara and what is the extent of the injury?

How is Debuchy and what is the extent of the injury?

Is the little bastard getting banned? How long for?

Has he apologised yet?

If Wigan stay up this season, thier next visit here should be interesting.

I will also look forward to day that miserable shit excuse for a premier league football club, fails in its last ditch attempt to kick its way to survival and finally sinks never to be seen again.

On the plus side, the whole forum isn't jizzing over the merits of the worlds most amazing manager for a change. Even though it looks like he's going to meet his normal achievement of avoiding relegation by 3 points, whilst playing liquid football the likes of which we've not seen for 40 years.

On the plus side, the whole forum isn't jizzing over the merits of the worlds most amazing manager for a change. Even though it looks like he's going to meet his normal achievement of avoiding relegation by 3 points, whilst playing liquid football the likes of which we've not seen for 40 years.

:lol:

I see Dave Whelan a man who had his career ended by a knee injury has been throwing his 2pence in............

"‘The ball was there. Young McManaman went in for the ball and got the ball as clean as a whistle, but in the follow through they collided. The referee saw it all, he had clear view on that. McMananman is just an enthusiastic lad.’"

Arsehole

Just waiting on any news regarding incidents in this match now, wish they'd hurry up :lol:

How is Haidara and what is the extent of the injury?

How is Debuchy and what is the extent of the injury?

"It's an 8 month injury but could be back for the next game"

"Looks like a 4 week injury but could be back for the next game"

It's Pardew's stock answer regardless of the injury.

I applaud Carver's actions - he's basically one of us. I'd have ripped McManaman's head off given the chance.

If I was Pardew I would have just taken our players off after that tackle, it was clearly unsafe for us to carry on. I'm sorry but when things like that happen and it's allowed for the safety of players you just have to say fuck you.

The sad thing is that these tackles will still go unpunished, it's amazing how the likes of Cattermole are still allowed on a pitch these days, obviously the FA don't give a fuck.

liquid football :lol:

Halsey will face no action whatsoever.

Of course he will man, he probably will be dropped to 4th official, made to referee/4th official a Football League game or will be dropped from refereeing duties all together for few weeks, probably the latter. Unfortunately with no PL games this weekend we will have to wait until next Monday to find out the referee appointments.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Can't get over this tackle like, it's absolutely horrendous. It just gets worse every time you see it, can't believe Halsey or the linesman did not spot it. Martinez's comments are embarrassing, lost a lot of respect I had for him. I Want to see Wigan go down now, I would even rather Villa stayed up ahead of them, although I fucking hate Villa for the way they went on, at least they can get decent attendances and following.  Wigan have been in this league for too long. I hate their shit little rugby ground that they can't fill. Sickening to think that teams like Leeds are stuck in the championship whilst Wigan have stayed in the Prem for eight years. Probably already been mentioned on here, but wasn't it Halsey who missed Justin Whittles elbow on shearer that time .

Think I went a bit mental yesterday at about 75 mins in. Sat alone in the living room repeatedly singing "looking for a pass in all the tight spaces" (mel: Looking for love in all the wrong places) with an angry voice.

Must have been some sort of mental rebellion towards our playing style. We made it hard for ourselves a lot of the time by not passing out of trouble. It might be that we didn´t have good enough movement to be able to pass out of trouble. Or a nice combination of both. Either way, it was very frustrating.