Wigan Athletic 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/03/13 - post-match reaction from p61

Dave

Looks like the 'banter bus' was full of p*ssed up school kids. Well done to whoever organised that trip for those charva tossers  :idiot2:

it'll be that "Shambles Travel" on twitter, man.  Lad I know went down with them and says they were already doing lines off CD cases within about 2 minutes of setting off.

Doesn't surprise me though.  When we were down in 05/06 one lad nicked the rugby ball just as someone was taking a conversion.

i dont go away as much since starting a family, but does seem a lot more young'ns on away trips theses days which is a good thing i suppose.

behaviour is disgusting but is the nicking the rugby ball not just just a tiny bit funny? made me chuckle.

Guest Roger Kint

I know a lot of people who organise their own mini buses or coaches so that they avoid all this. Went with the Clock in Hebburn once and they did another lad a favour and took his bus for him as well as ours. Shameful morons pissing all over seats and everything, totally trashed the bus. He doesnt let anyone on now that he doesnt know apparently.

Unusual that the NY Cosmos have a sister club in Wigan using their branding and name.

Yes. I wondered about this immediately. Very noble of NY Cosmos not too try and make too big a deal of this kind of partnership...

Newcastle United are very disappointed with the behaviour of a minority of its fans who were involved in the vandalism of equipment belonging to Wigan Cosmos Football Club and pitch incursions during their game against AFC Leigh Centurions on Sunday, 17th March which caused the match to be stopped.

Our travelling fans have a very good reputation, but the actions of a minority on this occasion were wholly unacceptable. Football, at all levels of the game, deserves the same degree of respect whether it is played in the Premier League or at the grassroots level.

We were sorry to learn that this South Lancashire Counties Premier Division game was disrupted in this manner and we would urge anyone who witnessed this incident to contact Greater Manchester Police.

The Club will be contacting Wigan Cosmos to arrange to reimburse them for the damage.

People were being right twats after the game. There were cars with Wigan fans driving slowly through where we were directed. One had a pretty fat guy driving it and bunch of geordie dickheads banging on it calling him fat bastard, "pull the fat cunt out:" etc., really quite intimidating for the poor guy.

Surely the club could reimburse £200?

and let both teams replay the game at SJP aswell.

@lee_ryder

Reliably informed that #nufc will offer Wigan Cosmos the chance to play on the pitch at SJP at the end of season v admin staff #nicetouch

4:41 PM - 22 Mar 13

:pow:

Surely the club could reimburse £200?

and let both teams replay the game at SJP aswell.

@lee_ryder

Reliably informed that #nufc will offer Wigan Cosmos the chance to play on the pitch at SJP at the end of season v admin staff #nicetouch

4:41 PM - 22 Mar 13

:pow:

The plan would be for one of our admin staff to launch into a full karate style tackle into one of their players knees - we call that a win / win.....