Newcastle United vs. sunderland - 14/04/13 @ 12pm (Sky Sports 1)

Decky

The only thing that worries me is the effect of the game on Thursday night.  Lots of the players looked physically drained. I know they will all be up for it,  but this game starts 62 hours after the end of that one.  Substitutions could be the key,  despite our players generally being much better.

Must admit, I'm bored out of my mind tonight.

Same here. And since I have to be sober tomorrow to get the wife from the airport in the evening, I'm just going to get plastered tonight. That way I should wake up just nicely for the match.

The only thing that worries me is the effect of the game on Thursday night.  Lots of the players looked physically drained. I know they will all be up for it,  but this game starts 62 hours after the end of that one.  Substitutions could be the key,  despite our players generally being much better.

Debuchy, Tiote, Taylor and Gouffran are available and Haidara and Marveaux didn't play 90 mins as well Hatem to come off the bench.

That shouldn't even be close to an excuse, that is 7 players who should be completely fresh or close to it.

Now they're all doing their chest thumping "To my mag mates, tomorrow we're not friends. We're enemies. Sun'lun' til I die, Paolo will lead us to victory. In Paolo we trust FTM marra" spiel. Personally, I just shrug my shoulders.

Debuchy, Tiote, Taylor and Gouffran are available and Haidara and Marveaux didn't play 90 mins as well Hatem to come off the bench.

That shouldn't even be close to an excuse, that is 7 players who should be completely fresh or close to it.

Agree but,  many also coming back from injuries - match fitness matters.

Agree but,  many also coming back from injuries - match fitness matters.

True, hopefully it doesn't come down to that anyway  O0

Krul

Debuchy

Haidara

Taylor

MYM

Tiote

Marveaux

Cabaye

Sissoko

Gouffran

Cisse

4-1-4-1, we don't need 2 DMs against Sunderland at home. Let's get Cabaye 15 yards further up the field and slip balls into the channels and get O'Shea and his defence running towards their own goal. Run past Cisse and get numbers in the box.

Guest ElCid

Krul

Debuchy

Haidara

Taylor

MYM

Tiote

Marveaux

Cabaye

Sissoko

Gouffran

Cisse

4-1-4-1, we don't need 2 DMs against Sunderland at home. Let's get Cabaye 15 yards further up the field and slip balls into the channels and get O'Shea and his defence running towards their own goal. Run past Cisse and get numbers in the box.

This is the side and tactics to play but I put any money on that Pardew won't and if we don't beat these looking at the players and form they are in then serious questions should be asked - we need a similar performance to West Brom last season when from the first minute we put them on the back foot. If as expected Debuchy, Haidara, Marveaux, Taylor, Tiote and Gouffran line up then he can't use the excuse of tiredness as these players have had periods of rest either through injury or being on the bench.

Union Rooms at 7am. Guess that is where I will be. Beats standing around in the cold.

Just about to head in to London to get the overnight coach. Mildly excited. Not really nervous at all. We'll smash this lot, of that much I am sure.

Guest neesy111

Union Rooms at 7am. Guess that is where I will be. Beats standing around in the cold.

Just about to head in to London to get the overnight coach. Mildly excited. Not really nervous at all. We'll smash this lot, of that much I am sure.

We never win when you attend though.

We never win when you attend though.

Not true. I was at the Chelsea game in February. Although I will admit in the year up to that my record was on the poor side.