Newcastle United vs. sunderland - 14/04/13 @ 12pm (Sky Sports 1)

Decky

The important thing to remember is to judge it before the game. Words now mean fuck all, words in the dressing room mean it all. If we don't start on the front foot I'll be disappointed though.

The point is to make them complacent, or at least to put the pressure on them. He has previous for this, he's said this week that they're favourites.

Agreed, after all he's never negative.

He should tell them we're going to stuff them because we have better players. How the f*** will it gee up our lads if the manager is saying Sunderland are favourites :lol:

Our lads will know what he's up to, they're just sound bites. If he said we're going to stuff them, our players would be at risk of becoming complacent while there's fired up. We have the better team, no doubt, but the mentality needs to be spot on here. I think he wants to surprise them, perhaps indicating he wants to get at them from the start. We did at their place this season.

What the manager says to the media and to the players should usually be two different things anyway.

Yep and Pardew's normally pumped up for the Derby so I'm confident he'll say the right things to the lads tomorrow.

Beat them tomorrow and they're level on points with Wigan who have 2 games in hand.

Please make it so.

It's just the fact that he always makes his excuses before the game (making us sound like massive underdogs, trying to overcome adversity) then the performance often mirrors that (fucking eye-bleeding tedium ball with no intention of worrying the opposition) then you get him talking the same shite after the game.

I'm starting to wonder how I'm so disconnected with the majority of the match-going public, how the fuck more people don't see what's going on by now I don't know.

What the manager says to the media and to the players should usually be two different things anyway.

The manager's pre-match comments are usually full of fear, the performance of our lot is also usually full of fear.

A manager's pre-derby comments should be of the "we're gonna fuck these useless cunts up" variety, not more excuses FFS.

The manager's pre-match comments are usually full of fear, the performance of our lot is also usually full of fear.

A manager's pre-derby comments should be of the "we're gonna fuck these useless cunts up" variety, not more excuses FFS.

I really do agree with you. If he wants to rile up the fans he should be saying that we are going to destroy them and send them back to the wear with their tails between their legs.

Defeatist all the time.

Who the fuck sits and reads interviews man, nevermind taking what is said in them at face value.

We'll be reasonably attacking tomorrow and beat the creeps, that's all that matters.

You're acting like the football hasn't been wank for 90% of this season.  It has.

"Stop going on like the manager's comments mean the football will be wank and he's making excuses early" or words to that effect.

I base what I say on what I've seen this season, your comments seem not to extend beyond "stop moaning" and there's nothing else to it.