Newcastle United vs. sunderland - 14/04/13 @ 12pm (Sky Sports 1)

Decky

Local station is choosing to run their weekly highlight shows over this :yao:

I hate these motherfuckers buying exclusive TV and internet rights and only showing Man U games and matches with Korean players in them. When is the Premier League going to come out of the stone age and allow me to pay ridiculous sums of money to watch matches legally?

It seriously makes no sense, the amount of money they could make off that is immense. I think they leave that stuff up the stations who are airing it in whatever country. Over here Fox has a streaming service, but it's way overpriced and doesn't always work. And obviously Norway has their great service. You'd think Scudamore an co. will realize eventually how much they could make by selling online viewing themselves.

20 bucks a month isn't that bad. Basically $5 per weekend. I'd gladly pay $5 a week to watch us play, let alone the rest of the games.

Sounds like it will be changing with NBC though. They just launched their expanded streaming service (similar to ESPN3/WatchESPN). Great news if you have one of the providers (Comcast the surest bet). Bad news if not.

I hate these motherfuckers buying exclusive TV and internet rights and only showing Man U games and matches with Korean players in them. When is the Premier League going to come out of the stone age and allow me to pay ridiculous sums of money to watch matches legally?

It seriously makes no sense, the amount of money they could make off that is immense. I think they leave that stuff up the stations who are airing it in whatever country. Over here Fox has a streaming service, but it's way overpriced and doesn't always work. And obviously Norway has their great service. You'd think Scudamore an co. will realize eventually how much they could make by selling online viewing themselves.

guaranteed income vs. taking your chances on the online market though right?  no tv company is gonna pay for rights in another country if people can also run independent streaming services alongside, or if they do they're mental

if you're a tv station that's already bought it you'd have to wonder whether offering a streaming service was worth it in countries that aren't football mental like say korea or the states

It's on watch espn at 6:55am over here in English and Spanish. Xbox app for it is amazing.

:thup: Don't get to utilize the app too much. Too bad my xbox is old and sounds like it's having a seizure every time I turn it on, worth it for the a hq stream on my television though.

guaranteed income vs. taking your chances on the online market though right?  no tv company is gonna pay for rights in another country if people can also run independent streaming services alongside, or if they do they're mental

if you're a tv station that's already bought it you'd have to wonder whether offering a streaming service was worth it in countries that aren't football mental like say korea or the states

Well I would assume it's a process that would be created by the league which comes with the broadcasting rights. Then those stations could distribute it themselves. I guess that's probably too complicated, but it's crazy that they don't even offer that service in the UK.

Well I would assume it's a process that would be created by the league which comes with the broadcasting rights. Then those stations could distribute it themselves. I guess that's probably too complicated, but it's crazy that they don't even offer that service in the UK.

i'd imagine it'd take a company to actually buy and distribute rights solely online in a foreign country before anyone would really take a chance on it

as long as it's always being bought up by tv companies first i can't see the streaming thing taking off

Formula 1, then out for a  run, then making me some food and then match time. Hope we beat these cunts. First time in a long long time I've been looking forward to a derby this much. Most probably because of the chance of basically making their season extremely hard on them.