Newcastle United vs. sunderland - 14/04/13 @ 12pm (Sky Sports 1)

Decky

rarely been so chilled or confident before a derby (even more so than last season......got that one wrong) but mick's right, we have to intimidate them, complacency from the crowd can get to the players, we have to get them intimidated.

We have nothing to worry about but ourselves.  I don't care how cocky the mackems seem to be getting, they are not as good as us.  I'm going to the ground early tomorrow and I will wait for the mackem team coach to get in.  I know it’s childish for somebody my age but I'll probably lose my voice hurling abuse at them when they get off the coach.

Teams can rarely play well when a hostile crowds gets at them, if we create the right amount of hatred and direct it towards them our players will put them to the sword.  I also think the atmosphere might give the players a lift later in game when they might start to feel tiredness from playing on Thursday.

well i'll not be there for that (might be a bit too bumpy for girl 1) but i'm all for booing, jeering, whistling, catcalling (whatever the f*** that is) whenever they get the ball, we did it to good effect against liverpool last season and i really don't think it'll take much for them to crack.

rarely been so chilled or confident before a derby (even more so than last season......got that one wrong) but mick's right, we have to intimidate them, complacency from the crowd can get to the players, we have to get them intimidated.

We have nothing to worry about but ourselves.  I don't care how cocky the mackems seem to be getting, they are not as good as us.  I'm going to the ground early tomorrow and I will wait for the mackem team coach to get in.  I know it’s childish for somebody my age but I'll probably lose my voice hurling abuse at them when they get off the coach.

Teams can rarely play well when a hostile crowds gets at them, if we create the right amount of hatred and direct it towards them our players will put them to the sword.  I also think the atmosphere might give the players a lift later in game when they might start to feel tiredness from playing on Thursday.

well i'll not be there for that (might be a bit too bumpy for girl 1) but i'm all for booing, jeering, whistling, catcalling (whatever the f*** that is) whenever they get the ball, we did it to good effect against liverpool last season and i really don't think it'll take much for them to crack.

First season back in PL every game the crowd was bang up for it (Villa, Man U, mackems etc) we won. I think it'll make the similar difference tomorrow.

Spot on, I can't wait.

Would prefer Jonas to play in DM than Tiote for this game. Feel Tiote's reputation could get him a harsh sending off (again) and don't think he's done anything of late to just walk back into the starting 11.

Krul

Debuchy    S.Taylor  Yanga-Mbiwa  Haidara

Cabaye    Jonas

Sissoko            Marveaux        Gouffran

Cisse

What I expect/hope to see.

The nerves are getting going now, by tomorrow morning I'll be bloody sick! Still, it is the most chilled out I think I've ever been before a derby :lol:

As people have said, make it absolute hell for them. Just watched the whole of the 5-1 on DVD, that is what you call an atmosphere, there's nowhere else like it in this country- any team would shit themselves.

Lets send these horrible, fascist cunts into the Championship!

Last years home leg, 1-1, was the first I've ever experienced. Although the atmosphere was great, I think our turgid performance in the first half really knocked the wind out of everyone. We need to have the place absolutely fucking bouncing from start to finish no matter what tomorrow. No mercy.

Would prefer Jonas to play in DM than Tiote for this game. Feel Tiote's reputation could get him a harsh sending off (again) and don't think he's done anything of late to just walk back into the starting 11.

Krul

Debuchy    S.Taylor  Yanga-Mbiwa  Haidara

Cabaye    Jonas

Sissoko            Marveaux        Gouffran

Cisse

What I expect/hope to see.

Worryingly, that's not a bad idea.

It's here!  Got the afternoon off so just a couple of classes this morning followed by go karting then beers and pool in preparation for a 7pm kick off :)  Gonna be a great day.

I always thought you were from rye hill.

It's here!  Got the afternoon off so just a couple of classes this morning followed by go karting then beers and pool in preparation for a 7pm kick off :)  Gonna be a great day.

I always thought you were from rye hill.

???  Never heard of it.  Born in Newcastle, most of the family live on the leam or over Pelaw/Heworth way.

I can never go into these derbies with confidence. It's probably a defence mechanism but there's no way I can go in cocky, thinking we'll batter them. They've been shitter than this wand given us a game. I do think we're better, but I buy the cliche about the form book going out the window. I've no idea how it'll go tomorrow, Di Canio could well have them psyched for the game of their lives. I'm normally half-relieved just not to lose. But fucking howay the lads.

Me bellies doing back flips right now. I'm in full on Derby mode. Gotta sleep yet no idea how I'm gonna manage that.

Pretty much how i'm feeling currently.

Might need to have a drink to calm the nerves down. Its only 9PM here over in Florida. Somehow need to get some sleep before the 7 am kickoff.

He should tell them we're going to stuff them because we have better players. How the fuck will it gee up our lads if the manager is saying Sunderland are favourites :lol:

When have you ever heard that from any manager? Genuine question. My memory is shot.

What is said in the media has sod all to do with what is said behind closed doors.

We'll fuck 'em. :smug:

Local station is choosing to run their weekly highlight shows over this :yao:

I hate these motherfuckers buying exclusive TV and internet rights and only showing Man U games and matches with Korean players in them. When is the Premier League going to come out of the stone age and allow me to pay ridiculous sums of money to watch matches legally?

Local station is choosing to run their weekly highlight shows over this :yao:

I hate these motherfuckers buying exclusive TV and internet rights and only showing Man U games and matches with Korean players in them. When is the Premier League going to come out of the stone age and allow me to pay ridiculous sums of money to watch matches legally?

It seriously makes no sense, the amount of money they could make off that is immense. I think they leave that stuff up the stations who are airing it in whatever country. Over here Fox has a streaming service, but it's way overpriced and doesn't always work. And obviously Norway has their great service. You'd think Scudamore an co. will realize eventually how much they could make by selling online viewing themselves.