West Bromwich Albion vs Newcastle United - 20/04/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Fenham Mag

Guest Roger Kint

We always seem to have more injuries than we should. Souness & Roeder despite being poor managers had decimated squads - Robson always had plenty aswell.

That team GR picked in the 4-1 derby game, anyone who has to pick Lee Clark & Amdy Faye at CM is having a bad time of it :lol:

Think they were both in and out. Taylor missed the latter stages. Maybe i'm forgetting any injuries we had due to how we did that season. Under previous regimes though we were truly fucked with injuries.

Only injuries i can remember from 2009/10 are Shola's stress fracture in his foot and Barton's broken foot. Also wasn't Jose out for a while with hamstring problems? sure that was why we got Van Aanholt. Think we were alright for injuries other than them but even then there's a muscle related injury if i've remembered it right.

Only injuries i can remember from 2009/10 are Shola's stress fracture in his foot and Barton's broken foot. Also wasn't Jose out for a while with hamstring problems? sure that was why we got Van Aanholt. Think we were alright for injuries other than them but even then there's a muscle related injury if i've remembered it right.

Shola, Barton, Saylor missed alot of the season, Carroll missed a quarter of the season.

Even without Tiote we have Anita, Sissoko and Cabaye in the middle which would be a lot of people's first choice midfield anyway. Marveaux will be the big miss, but there's Gouffran and Hatem available so it's hardly a disaster. Not to mention Obertan, although that probably would end in disaster. There is still a decent team to put out there for a win, and that's what we should be looking for.

Not sure there's many on here who'd rather play Anita than both Tiote and Marveaux, like.

It'll probably be Perch tomorrow, you'd think, and for once Pardew'll have a bit of justification. Top ten side, away from home. You really need a pure DM in that lineup with our defence.

Given the injury list I'd play Anita, fwiw.

Tiotes loss is probably welcome if we're harsh. Perch or Anita there will do. With Ben Arfa back it might give the side some balance. He can play on the right and Sissoko can drop back into CM.

Perch has had for more better games than Tiote this year, in my opinion. Perch for me always gives his maximum and although not pretty you can expect him to give you his best.

Tiote on the other hand has far more ability than he has shown this season as we all know and I believe it was a mistake throwing him straight back into the starting 11 last week. He needs to earn his place once again. 

How about:

Perch    Anita

Cabaye

Sissoko              Gouffran

Cisse

Hatem to come on later.

Tbh we don't actually play with a DM anyway even when Tiote is there he's running round like a headless chicken leaving huge gaps and Anita when put in the same role does the same things that is not what a DM should do.

Honestly i think that is a big reason why Tiote and Anita have both not performed to their potential, sit them in front of the back 4 and just protect that general area.

We have Cabaye and Sissoko for all the other stuff there is no reason for Tiote or Anita to be so high up and leaving massive gaps to fill.

If we do play Anita i would hope to see him in front of the back 4 and very disciplined and not chasing after the ball 30 yards away from the two CBs when you have Sissoko and Cabaye to prevent that higher up the pitch.

I fully expect how ever Perch/Anita to come in do what i just described leaving massive holes, Sissoko to be basically standing on Cisse's toes and Cabaye basically being a 3rd centre back.

I think a more balanced look is this.

Perch

Sissoko      Cabaye

Ben Arfa                            Gouffran

Cisse

Perch just sitting in front of back four but will need to play well. Sissoko box to box and Cabaye doing what he does best. That formation is hugely dependent of Ben Arfa starting like. If he doesn't we'll likely see Moussa in that role which he blatantly does not suit.

I think a more balanced look is this.

Perch

Sissoko      Cabaye

Ben Arfa                            Gouffran

Cisse

Perch just sitting in front of back four but will need to play well. Sissoko box to box and Cabaye doing what he does best. That formation is hugely dependent of Ben Arfa starting like. If he doesn't we'll likely see Moussa in that role which he blatantly does not suit.

That is how i want the team to line up but you can bet it will be more like this....

http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/04/692039_Newcastle_United.jpg

:anguish:

Tbh we don't actually play with a DM anyway even when Tiote is there he's running round like a headless chicken leaving huge gaps and Anita when put in the same role does the same things that is not what a DM should do.

Honestly i think that is a big reason why Tiote and Anita have both not performed to their potential, sit them in front of the back 4 and just protect that general area.

We have Cabaye and Sissoko for all the other stuff there is no reason for Tiote or Anita to be so high up and leaving massive gaps to fill.

If we do play Anita i would hope to see him in front of the back 4 and very disciplined and not chasing after the ball 30 yards away from the two CBs when you have Sissoko and Cabaye to prevent that higher up the pitch.

I fully expect how ever Perch/Anita to come in do what i just described leaving massive holes, Sissoko to be basically standing on Cisse's toes and Cabaye basically being a 3rd centre back.

bit predictable though isn't it and I thionk tiote's problem could be as much that he's been sussed out. with cabaye, sissoko, anita in a middle 3 we have 3 players who can tackle, see a pass and hopefully learn to play off each other making it a damn sight less obvious for the oppo as to who's going to pick the ball up and where. all three can pick the ball up off the defence and all three can play from recieve the ball from whoever has dropped.

Even without Tiote we have Anita, Sissoko and Cabaye in the middle which would be a lot of people's first choice midfield anyway. Marveaux will be the big miss, but there's Gouffran and Hatem available so it's hardly a disaster. Not to mention Obertan, although that probably would end in disaster. There is still a decent team to put out there for a win, and that's what we should be looking for.

Apart from that injury filled patch around October/November, we've mostly been in this position and it's really frustrating that we've looked poor and the results have been poor too.

We need an away win but expecting that now feels like madness given what we have grown accustom to away from, strong squad or not.

bit predictable though isn't it and I thionk tiote's problem could be as much that he's been sussed out. with cabaye, sissoko, anita in a middle 3 we have 3 players who can tackle, see a pass and hopefully learn to play off each other making it a damn sight less obvious for the oppo as to who's going to pick the ball up and where. all three can pick the ball up off the defence and all three can play from recieve the ball from whoever has dropped.

Do agree with that and quite frankly with Sissoko nearby the Anita and physicality thing shouldn't be an issue.