West Bromwich Albion vs Newcastle United - 20/04/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Fenham Mag

Colo and MYM will get knocked around from pillar to post. Never want to see that combination for us.

Not now but perhaps next year, if Colo's here of course. I wouldn't write off MYM's physicality yet, he'll most likely put a bit of muscle on in the summer and he'll improve against more physical opponents once he adapts. There's no way he can't compete with the likes of Graham on a physical level now, he dealt with taller, stronger and quicker opposition in France and Europe, it's more a matter of style and aggression. For example he often tries to nick the ball from the opponent when it's in the air, like he could in France, this is something that will change.

Colo and MYM will get knocked around from pillar to post. Never want to see that combination for us.

Not now but perhaps next year, if Colo's here of course. I wouldn't write off MYM's physicality yet, he'll most likely put a bit of muscle on in the summer and he'll improve against more physical opponents once he adapts. There's no way he can't compete with the likes of Graham on a physical level now, he dealt with taller, stronger and quicker opposition in France and Europe, it's more a matter of style and aggression. For example he often tries to nick the ball from the opponent when it's in the air, like he could in France, this is something that will change.

Good post, I've got no worries about Mapou becoming absolutely brilliant for us. He will adapt to what he can and can't do physically.

He's still a kid for a CB, though, with loads to learn. He'll need a physical defender alongside him for a long, long time.

Wish people would stop pretending there's a chance of Colo being here next year, like. It won't look very good when he leaves in late August and the same people accept there was a lack of time to find an adequate replacement.

He's still a kid for a CB, though, with loads to learn. He'll need a physical defender alongside him for a long, long time.

Wish people would stop pretending there's a chance of Colo being here next year, like. It won't look very good when he leaves in late August and the same people accept there was a lack of time to find an adequate replacement.

This isn't really the place for that debate, but I don't think it's guaranteed he'll leave. We wouldn't let him go cheap in January, why would we let him go cheap now?

We'll see but I think he'll learn how to handle himself over a relatively short period of time. This is a completely different style to France, he's used to being able to nick the ball off opposition and consequently having time to decide what he wants to do for seconds after, he's probably seldom had to use his strength in such an aggressive way. He's a good build, certainly strong enough to handle Danny Graham and others like that, but as you say, he's a kid who's now having to adopt new ways of defending that won't he won't have been taught before.

There's a chance Colo will be here come September, it would be equally as stupid to say it's a completely foregone conclusion. I currently rate it as 70/30 he'll be gone, but there are a lot of details to iron out first before he can leave, and we know that those in charge can be extremely stubborn in negotiating.

3-0 to WBA Just not sure we will even stop up now,After the Gutless French performance.

But the French have a history of going absent without leave.

Maybe pardew should take his foreign legion with him at the end of the season.or sooner if possible. :tickedoff:

Dreading this

No reason you should really, our Premiership record against you is quite poor, here are the head to head stats.

Head to Head Record

Pld    W    D    L    F    A

League        113  40  31  42  191  193

FA Cup          4    3    0    1    8    7

League Cup  2    2    0    0    3    1

Texaco Cup  2    1    0    1    3    4

Total          121  46  31  44 205  205

Home Record

Pld    W    D    L    F        A

League        56  25  18  13  109  73

FA Cup          4    3      0    1      8    7

Texaco Cup    1    1    0    0    2        1

Total            61  29  18  14  119  81

Premier League Record

Pld  W  D  L  F  A  Pts

13  2  3  8  18  29    9

I hope he gives Cabaye a bit more license to get forward in this one, I don't think we need 2 defensive midfielders.  If he could get Tiote back to doing what he did so well when he first arrived, i.e. sit in front of the back four, break things up and give it simple then Cabaye can focus on doing what he does best which is get forward and create something.

Let's have a bit of adventure and a lot less cowardice please.

Dreading this

No reason you should really, our Premiership record against you is quite poor, here are the head to head stats.

Head to Head Record

Pld    W    D    L    F    A

League        113  40  31  42  191  193

FA Cup          4    3    0    1    8    7

League Cup  2    2    0    0    3    1

Texaco Cup  2    1    0    1    3    4

Total          121  46  31  44 205  205

Home Record

Pld    W    D    L    F        A

League        56  25  18  13  109  73

FA Cup          4    3      0    1      8    7

Texaco Cup    1    1    0    0    2        1

Total            61  29  18  14  119  81

Premier League Record

Pld  W  D  L  F  A  Pts

13  2  3  8  18  29    9

Fortunately for you, we'll still be shit and hand you the game.

I hope he gives Cabaye a bit more license to get forward in this one, I don't think we need 2 defensive midfielders.  If he could get Tiote back to doing what he did so well when he first arrived, i.e. sit in front of the back four, break things up and give it simple then Cabaye can focus on doing what he does best which is get forward and create something.

http://www.imgur.com/Hawn5fz.jpeg

http://www.imgur.com/Hawn5fz.jpeg

:lol: That's cute loki.

It should be Pardew's type of game tbh. Sit deep and stay compact. If we can use Sissoko's and Goufran's pace on the break we might even have a decent chance at counter attacking. If we try and hit Cisse first time with every ball we definitely won't!

billy the fish

debuchy    saylor    mapou        haidara

sissoko  cabaye    anita

ben arfa*              marveaux

cisse

* if no ben arfa then I'd go for campbell, we are desperate for someone with a natural inclination to get into the box on the end of stuff and gouffran, despite a decent couple of opening games (eager to impress ?) doesn't look up to it as yet.

try to dominate the middle and build. that line up wouldn't be set in stone with the middle 3 being mobile (ie sissoko not stuck wide) and ben arfa and marveaux to float.

with three in the middle it may give a little more scope for cabaye to move forward, currently the sutuation is that if he moves forward tiote gets far more ball than he should and sissoko can attempt at being the midfield box to box player he was more known for in france.

That midfield is the way to go, only worry is over how Marv operates out wide.

he wouldn't be "out wide". he'd go there when space and their positioning provides, which all players ought toi be looking to do.