Alan Pardew

Mike

It's started already :lol:

“We’re one of those clubs where we’re liable to lose one of our great players to a Champions League team through finance and sometimes the will of the player,” Pardew told the Gazette.

“You can’t keep a player who doesn’t want to stay.

“Having said that, it’s going to be very difficult for any club to get a player out of here unless it’s a serious or big bid.”

I'd love to know why he does this every window. Same exact speech every time too.

Managing and lowering expectations of morons that lap this up and think we need to sell all the time.

Yep, it was used to sugar-coat last summer's inactivity until the daft pleb realised he couldn't win a game without signing a few players and started pointing fingers.

Feck it!!!

this meeting and 'probable statement' bollox has just got my hopes up.  Just know I'm gonna be disappointed. 

He needs to be handed his P45.  Instead we'll get the 'no-ones happy with how the season went, we've learnt from it, long term project, stability, oh and we've extended Shola's contract which is like a new signing....'

Guest bimpy474

Sell some, buy some, by all means but were fucked if he doesn't change his football philosophy.

Reading between the lines of that he's definitely gone IMO.

Disagree, the statement will be along the lines of how disappointed they are with the season, but that that they believe in stability and Pardew has earned one more chance.

I was joking like, we'll see though.  Could go either way, nobody knows what the nutter running the show is thinking.

I'm hoping that Pardew's uncanny ability to open his mouth and say stupid things might throw us a lifeline. Ashley won't have been impressed when Pards announced that everyone including the owner shared the blame for the shite season we've just had. It's clutching at straws but if he's pissed off enough it might tip the scales in the Pardew sack race.

Sick to fucking death of seeing fifty thousand in SJP every week come hell or high water and yet at every opportunity our own manager is rushing in front of the cameras to tell us what a diddy little team we support. Small time wanker.

Sick to f***ing death of seeing fifty thousand in SJP every week come hell or high water and yet at every opportunity our own manager is rushing in front of the cameras to tell us what a diddy little team we support. Small time w*****.

With his defeatist attitude and always trying to pour ice cold water on any sort of opportunity to galvanize the troops.  Every window he has to throw his stupid disclaimer about the "big boys" - I hope this 48 hours is good to us and he gets the fucking boot.

Sick to fucking death of seeing fifty thousand in SJP every week come hell or high water and yet at every opportunity our own manager is rushing in front of the cameras to tell us what a diddy little team we support. Small time wanker.

It's quite a mixed message he puts out really. He spent quite a lot of time telling us we were Newcastle United and should expect to win every game etc. Until things started going wrong obviously.

Not really a surprise though, he's defensive on and off the pitch. If we finish 12th next season he'll call it progress despite having the 6th most expensive squad in the premier.

“We’re one of those clubs where we’re liable to lose one of our great players to a Champions League team through finance and sometimes the will of the player,” Pardew told the Gazette.

“Having said that, it’s going to be very difficult for any club to get a player out of here unless it’s a serious or big bid.”

I'd love to know why he does this every window. Same exact speech every time too.

This I agree with you on 100%. Stupid thing to say.

I can't listen to him anymore, too annoying and repetitive

I have just accepted that he will be here next season, just so i can relax during the summer.

If he is sacked, good.

Same really, it's the only way to be.

:sadnod:

This I agree with you on 100%. Stupid thing to say.

Progress :thup:

We are comfortably third in the PL attendance table and 10th in Europe.

And yet here we are being subject to relegation or the threat of relegation. In a well run club this would NEVER happen: the only reason Pardew is here is because he is a yes man for Dekka and on moderately low wages. We all know any manager worth his salt would be way too"expensive" for this crowd.

Guest Dontooner

Stoke sacked Pullis??

And we are still stuck with this crack pot??

Even stoke might give sexy football a try.....

unfortunate times for Newcastle..

I hope the statement thing is true, even if it's them coming out and saying he's staying is better than leaving us in the lurch.

Like waiting for test results for some horrendous disease you think you might have. For better or worse, we need to know ASAP.